This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cars

I will say, one new car that I would buy in a heartbeat if I had the means is the Cadillac CTSv. 556hp and 551 lbs-ft of torque, I think I just wet myself.

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/2012/...pecifications/
    Last edited by bigblue_dl; 03-08-2012, 11:08 AM.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
      You are driving the wrong cars. All the four bangers Ive driven in your hills were great.
      I had a blast in the San Gabriels around LA with my 4-banger. Of course, it was a 240-HP Honda S2000 with a 9000 RPM redline, so not exactly your typical model.
      If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
        I had a blast in the San Gabriels around LA with my 4-banger. Of course, it was a 240-HP Honda S2000 with a 9000 RPM redline, so not exactly your typical model.
        RIP, S2000.

There's nothing like it left. A 'Mazdaspeed' Miata might scratch that itch, but I doubt they mess with their current formula...
        1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

Originally posted by amherstblackbear View Post
          RIP, S2000.

There's nothing like it left. A 'Mazdaspeed' Miata might scratch that itch, but I doubt they mess with their current formula...
          I know - really surprised when they discontinued it. Now to get something similar, you'd have to go with a Z4 or Porsche Boxster, which are a good $15-20K more than the S2000 was. I sold mine when I moved to Europe in 2007 - would definitely consider getting another one when I move back to the US permanently.
          If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Its interesting to see opinions from young guys about new cars. Get a stick in most any car, 4 , 6 or 8 cylinder and it can be fun to drive. I can see where a 240hp Honda would be a blast with a 5 speed. new cars handle better, stop better are far more comfortable than older cars but I'd take a muscle car over any of the stuff sold today for a fun driving experience. I won't even turn my head to look at any of the cars mentioned, a 6 cylinder Ford Falcon goes by and I'm all over it
            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by amherstblackbear View Post
              RIP, S2000.

I eagerly await the day that early S2000s drop into the $500 price range (if they ever do). It's one of the best-handling virtual cars I've driven in the general performance range (i.e. not a supercar or a race car) in GT5, it felt like it was glued to the road with zero tuning.

Curiously, it looks like sales fell off a cliff from '07 to '09, which probably has something to do with Honda discontinuing the car.
              Northeastern Huskies Class of 1998 / BS Chemical Engineering
              Notre Dame Fighting Irish Class of 2011 / PhD Chemical Engineering

But then again, isn't holding forth on an extreme opinion from a position of complete ignorance what these boards are all about? -- from a BigSoccer post by kerrunch

Britney can't sing. At all. She sounds like a cross between a crackhead chipmunk that had more than a couple beers and a drowning cat. -- DHG on the MTV VMAs

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                I will say, one new car that I would buy in a heartbeat if I had the means is the Cadillac CTSv. 556hp and 551 lbs-ft of torque, I think I just wet myself.

I don't think that was pee.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                  Its interesting to see opinions from young guys about new cars. Get a stick in most any car, 4 , 6 or 8 cylinder and it can be fun to drive.
                  qft

Scary to see manuals being slowly phased out. Even econoboxes are sporting 6-speed autos these days, so fuel economy isn't the selling point it used to be for stick shifts.

I wanted a sporty hatchback, and some of the makes I test drove missed the cut simply because a manual was only available on the base model. If you wanted the larger engine and sport suspension, you had to take an auto trans. I don't get it.

And no, flappy paddles behind the steering wheel are not the same thing -- unless we're talking about an F1 car. On a Korean hatchback? Uh, no.
                  1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                    My current foreign car crush to annoy bb_dl: Lancia Stratos.

One of those would be fun up here.
                    Regular or premium??

Yummy

*****http://files.conceptcarz.com/img/Lancia/2012-Lancia-Stratos-Coupe-Image-010-800.jpg******
                    Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

I grew up driving a stick and I really miss it. I'm thinking about getting an Audi A4 6-speed or a BMW 328i 5-speed. I think I'm going to time my purchase in July or so to give me enough time to save up and not have to consider a big loan.

Comment

Originally posted by collegehcky2 View Post
                        I grew up driving a stick and I really miss it. I'm thinking about getting an Audi A4 6-speed or a BMW 328i 5-speed. I think I'm going to time my purchase in July or so to give me enough time to save up and not have to consider a big loan.
                        I also would not like to drive an automatic. It sounds like it's a good thing my taste in cars runs very simple and functional, since it sounds like fancy cars are hard to get in standard nowadays.

Comment

When I was looking for a CUV back in May, I was hoping to find a stick shift, but it was really limited to base models or not an option. Not a deal breaker for me, but I was disappointed that it isn't a little more common. It's alright, I still can take my mom's car when I need to satisfy my manual craving.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post

Seen three of those on the road in the last week. For a Caddy, the 2-door coupe is damn sharp.

Comment

The Ferrari Italia isn't even available with a stick. Paddle shifters is all you get. Sad.
                              the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                                When I was looking for a CUV back in May, I was hoping to find a stick shift, but it was really limited to base models or not an option. Not a deal breaker for me, but I was disappointed that it isn't a little more common. It's alright, I still can take my mom's car when I need to satisfy my manual craving.
                                A manual transmission is becoming a "luxury" feature. Even some of the cars that do come with "manual" transmissions are auto-button shifting now. No clutch, you just shift through gears.

Comment

Working...
                                X