X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cars

Originally posted by Patman View Post
    I negotiated a standing offer w a Mazda dealer on a Mazda 6. Got a price that I don't feel like checking around to beat. I just want to check my financials and whatnot first before I close my eyes and execute the deal. I told them I'd be back Friday.

Now, gps isn't standard so I'm going to need a GPS device.

Any thoughts?
    Buy a map.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Saw a Ford GT the other day. Wow.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        Buy a map.
        as arcane as that sounds in this day and age its probably not a bad idea... maps were always my favorite xmas present when i was small.
        BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
        Skating Friar Jersey
        AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
        UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
        Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
          as arcane as that sounds in this day and age its probably not a bad idea... maps were always my favorite xmas present when i was small.
          I still have a road atlas from my motorcycle touring days that has all of my travels highlighted in yellow.
          Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

People shouldn't entirely rely on GPS. On occasion, GPS gets things wrong, or there's a detour or something. I've heard of people who rely entirely on GPS getting way off course for their destination. Having a good map or three on hand makes a lot of sense.
            Originally posted by Priceless
            Good to see you're so reasonable.
            Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
            Very well, said.
            Originally posted by Rover
            A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
              People shouldn't entirely rely on GPS. On occasion, GPS gets things wrong, or there's a detour or something. I've heard of people who rely entirely on GPS getting way off course for their destination. Having a good map or three on hand makes a lot of sense.
              Had a friend who gave herself a panic attack while she was driving from Chicago to Orlando, FL... The was using her phone for a GPS but dropped it and managed to kill her phone while getting gas in TN... She knew she was on I-40 when it happened but had no idea where she was or what the rest of her route was... She started freaking out when her parents pulled it up from their house and proceeded to tell her the directions over the phone (she also had to use a payphone to make said call and that didn't help the freak out situation)... The idea of using mile markers to tell where you are or not having a voice say "Exit XX is 1 mile ahead on the right" was completely foreign for her... I felt bad that she had a legit panic attack over this, but at the same time, it was one of the hardest facepalms I have ever had to personally endure...

People are amazed that I don't use a GPS, yet can drive anywhere using an atlas that I got for signing up for State Farm Insurance back in 2001...
              It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

I use GPS/Google Maps before I leave to get an idea of where I'm going, then I print out or write down the directions/major turns. One less thing to pay attention to - for one of those dadgummed spoiled entitled Millennials, I'm alarmingly one-track minded.
                Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                  Buy a map.
                  Neanderthal.
                  bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                  SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                  All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                  A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
                    Neanderthal.
                    True story:

A couple years ago, a couple of us were travelling to Traverse City from Minneapolis. We hit some construction in BFE, WI and looked for a detour on a smart phone. Detour would take us a few miles out of our way, including some backtracking. I consulted a map, found a much shorter way (less than a mile out of our way). Yes, I gloated.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

I never use my phone for a route. I merely look up the address of my destination. If I am unfamiliar with the area I'll study the map I suppose, but I never let it tell me where to go.
                      the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                        I never use my phone for a route. I merely look up the address of my destination. If I am unfamiliar with the area I'll study the map I suppose, but I never let it tell me where to go.
                        I'll look it up on Yahoo Maps (or similar) and write it down. It's only failed me once, and that was my fault, as I didn't specify the address I was coming from (I only entered the city), and they assumed I was on the other side of the main road I was coming from.

Comment

Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
                          Neanderthal.
                          Even AAA Triptiks have gone digital

Comment

People shouldn't entirely rely on GPS.
                            I hate the condescending English woman constantly saying "Recalculating"

Comment

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
                              . (must spread rep)

Comment

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
                                She is so **** smug!

And you should really watch that Recalculating when you're out in the boonies somewhere. A couple of years ago, a couple of ladies got lost out in Death Valley because their GPS kept changing routes on them, which lead to them driving around in circles and running out of gas with no supplies to be staying out in the middle of Death Valley with. They where lucky to be found by a helicopter from the CHP.
                                bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Working...
                                X