Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plattsburgh State Hockey 2011-12 - The work and progress continue..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Plattsburgh State Hockey 2011-12 - The work and progress continue..

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
    Can't win 'em all i guess.

It was a great hockey game between two great teams.
    Yes, most certainly and we look forward to two maybe three again this year.

Comment

Oh come on norm go ahead and let them win. Their record as the #1 seed heading into the playoffs says enough lol.....
      Remy Babineaux
      remyb616@gmail.com
      D3FHL Web Page

Comment

While NOT hockey, I was surprised to learn this bit of sports history about Plattsburgh.
        Larry Normandin
        SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
        WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
          While NOT hockey, I was surprised to learn this bit of sports history about Plattsburgh.
          Cool! Looks like it was a far more successful venture than the Plattsburgh Pioneers
          Go Cards: win or lose, The Better Team.
          A Lot of (Sometimes Tainted) SUNYAC Championships
          A Handful of ECAC West Championships
          A Number of NCAA Appearances, Including Several Trips to the Final Four, Though Some of Them Don't Count
          Some National Championships:
          Women's (THIS YEAR, LAST YEAR, A Couple Years Back, '08, '07)
          Men's (Wow Look at the Time Pass, A While before That)

Comment

Re: Plattsburgh State Hockey 2010-11 - "We still have to fine tune some things..."
            Originally Posted by PburgHockey
            why did cody adams transfer to utica?
            Is this still accurate? according to the Cards 2011-12 roster, Adams is still listed.

http://www.gocardinalsports.com/rost...x?path=mhockey

I'd be happy to have him back.
            Last edited by mjmigliaccio; 08-24-2011, 12:50 PM. Reason: correction

Comment

Excerpt from an informative column from The Plattsburgh Press Republican.

A few years ago, we used to joke, my wife and I, that the fees for our younger son's hockey program at his public high school were more than those for our older son's term at our local university.

While you may be puzzled by what my we find amusing, the point here is that on some twisted graph comparing the relative cost of learning in Quebec, skating and shooting have greater value than reading and writing.
              Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by mjmigliaccio View Post
                Re: Plattsburgh State Hockey 2010-11 - "We still have to fine tune some things..."
                Originally Posted by PburgHockey
                why did cody adams transfer to utica?
                Is this still accurate? according to the Cards 2011-12 roster, Adams is still listed.

http://www.gocardinalsports.com/rost...x?path=mhockey

I'd be happy to have him back.
                The roster up now is a tentative one. They still have over a month to finalize the roster. You can tell the roster isn't finalized because the freshmen class isn't on it.
                Last edited by Scott_TG; 08-29-2011, 01:24 PM.

Comment

i can unofficially confirm that Adams is on campus at utica..... well considering every friend i have on the team added him on facebook in the last 24 hours and the first team meeting of the year was today, i don't have a whole lot of doubt on that one now.
                  Our bite is worse than our bark....
                  Top guys, out.

Comment

Exciting news for 2 alumni!

Dylan Clarke and Eric Satim join forces and sign in the Central Hockey League with the Tulsa Oilers. Good luck boys!!

http://www.tulsaoilers.com/

Satim, a rookie, comes to the Oilers from Division III SUNY-Plattsburgh where he led the Cardinals in scoring for the 2010-2011 season. Satim, a 5’9”175 pound forward from Montreal, also led Plattsburgh in assists and game-winning goals in his senior season. Satim was selected as a 2011 Division III All-American and finished his collegiate career with 122 points in 100 games played. “Eric is a skilled player who put up outstanding numbers in college,” said Bruce Ramsay. “He’s going to come in and have a chance to earn a spot as a top two line player.”

Clarke captained the University of Plattsburg last season where he competed for four seasons. A 6’2” 200 pound winger, Dylan averaged over a point a game for four seasons at Plattsburg, and has a strong pedigree as his brother Dale has played in the NHL and AHL. “Dylan had an outstanding college career where he was the team Captain and yearly made team all-star selections. He will bring very strong attributes to the Oilers’ organization,” states Head Coach Bruce Ramsay.

Comment

you beat me to it. I just got the information from Eric's brother this morning.... way to go boys!!!
                      Jim Reisdorf
                      Standing on the Rail #59

jim@loremans.com contact me for all your custom embroidery, engraving and screen printing needs! check out our website... www.loremans.com

Romney will be missed by all that have been there for the great match ups between Platty and 'Wego!!!

After Closing out Romney the right way, We opened the new rink the right way.... another loss for the Lakers!

St. Louis is a BUM!!!!

Go Sabres!!!

Comment

Originally posted by theburgh View Post
                        Exciting news for 2 alumni!

Dylan Clarke and Eric Satim join forces and sign in the Central Hockey League with the Tulsa Oilers. Good luck boys!!

http://www.tulsaoilers.com/

Satim, a rookie, comes to the Oilers from Division III SUNY-Plattsburgh where he led the Cardinals in scoring for the 2010-2011 season. Satim, a 5’9”175 pound forward from Montreal, also led Plattsburgh in assists and game-winning goals in his senior season. Satim was selected as a 2011 Division III All-American and finished his collegiate career with 122 points in 100 games played. “Eric is a skilled player who put up outstanding numbers in college,” said Bruce Ramsay. “He’s going to come in and have a chance to earn a spot as a top two line player.”

Clarke captained the University of Plattsburg last season where he competed for four seasons. A 6’2” 200 pound winger, Dylan averaged over a point a game for four seasons at Plattsburg, and has a strong pedigree as his brother Dale has played in the NHL and AHL. “Dylan had an outstanding college career where he was the team Captain and yearly made team all-star selections. He will bring very strong attributes to the Oilers’ organization,” states Head Coach Bruce Ramsay.
                        Isn't this the team Hince had a try out a few years back? Hope Eric and Dylan have better luck.

Comment

PSU men's hockey brings in 13 newcomers {Article from the Plattsburgh Press-Republican - Sept. 20, 2011}

PLATTSBURGH — The 2010-2011 postseason in the SUNY Athletic Conference was rewarding for the Plattsburgh State men's hockey team.

The Cardinals won three games, including two in overtime, to capture the conference playoff championship before dropping a controversial 3-2 overtime decision to Norwich University in the NCAA Division III quarterfinals.

But, there were trials and tribulations along the way in the Cardinals' 20-8-1 overall campaign, as seven of the eight losses for Plattsburgh State came in SUNYAC regular season play.

To try and correct that and remain among the top programs in Division III, the Cardinals' coaching staff went out and brought in a class of 13 newcomers to the program.

"We are very happy with the incoming class," Plattsburgh State assistant coach Steve Moffat said. "We have a good mix of players to fill different roles. We have good size, speed and some talented players who we feel can step up and contribute right away.

"Our team will only be as good as the incoming players are and how fast they adapt to Cardinal Hockey. The players are getting anxious to get on the ice and the coaching staff is excited for the start of a new season."

The Cardinals open their season on October 15 at 7 p.m. when they host the United States Under-18 Team is an exhibition game at the Stafford Ice Arena. Plattsburgh State's first official game is a SUNYAC contest at 7 p.m. at Morrisville State on October 29.

Below is a list and information concerning the 13 recruits.

2011-12 Plattsburgh State

Men's hockey recruits

Brandon Beadow- Beadow is a defenseman from Kapuskasing, Ont. and the Vaughan Vipors of the Ontario Junior Hockey League (OJHL). He is a big body at 6-2, 205 and put up some good offensive numbers with nine goals, 26 assists and 35 points. He was second among defensemen on his team in scoring and helped lead Vaughan to a first-place finish in the South Division.

Zach Blake- Blake comes to Plattsburgh from the great hockey tradition of the Wellington Dukes of the OJHL. The Dukes captured the East Division Championship, OJHL Championship and the prestigious Dudley Hewitt Championship a season ago. Blake was a key part of the team with 16 goals, 27 assists and 43 points.

Alex Brenton- Brenton played for the Kemptville 73's of the Central Junior Hockey League. He led his team in points with 32 goals, 21 assists and 53 points in 60 games. He is a gritty player, who plays bigger than 5-8, 165, who has a tremendous work ethic and a proven leader on the ice.

Mathieu Cadieux- Cadieux played his final year of junior hockey for the Cobourg Cougars of the OJHL where his record was 26 wins, 13 losses and four shutouts while leading his team to the second round of the playoffs. Cadieux is 6-1, 185.

Michael Cassidy- Cassidy is 5-11 and comes from Buffalo where he played for the Junior Sabres of the OJHL, who are coached by former Plattsburgh State standout Chris Panek. Cassidy scored 20 goals and added 25 assists. He has an offensive knack and is also very responsible in his own end.

Mark Constantine- Constantine played prep hockey at The Hill School in Pottstown, Pa. He is very crafty with the puck and can find the back of the net as he was a prolific goal scorer in the prep school ranks. He is also the youngest freshman in the class.

Jordan Gidaro- Gidaro is another OJHL recruit who played for the Aurora Tigers. He led his team in scoring with 22 goals, 31 assists and 53 points. He is 5-9, 175 and has good offensive instincts.

Alex Jensen- He joins his brother, Nick, at Plattsburgh. Jensen played his last year of junior hockey with the Fairbanks Ice Dogs of the North American Hockey League where he had 14 goals, 20 assists and 34 points in 42 games. He is 6-1, 215.

Preston Kaye- Kaye played for the Northern Cyclones of the Atlantic Junior Hockey League. He was the leading scorer among defensemen in his league with 41 points in 42 games. He also earned the league's Offensive Defenseman of the Year Award.

Jacob Mooney- Mooney played for the North York Rangers in the OJHL. He is a skilled forward, with good vision. In 50 games, he scored 23 goals and added 43 assists for 66 points.

Adam Scuglia- Souglia was a member of the Brampton Capitals in the OJHL. He is a big forward at 6-1, 190. The native of Richmond Hill, Ont. had 23 goals, 37 assists and 60 points.

Matt Sollows- Sollows was a teammate of Brandon Beadow with the Vaughan Vipers. He is a 19-year-old defenseman from Aurora, Ont. with plenty of junior hockey experience ready to make the transition to college hockey. He had 29 points, with seven goals and 22 assists.

Jeff Vanzant- Vanzant is from Barrie, Ont. and played for the Peterborough Stars in the OJHL. He is 5-10, 185. A defenseman, Vanzant finished last year with four goals and 15 assists.
                          Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
                            PSU men's hockey brings in 13 newcomers {Article from the Plattsburgh Press-Republican - Sept. 20, 2011}
                            the Constantine kid went to my prep school in Penn.I am sure he will be well disciplined on the ice and off as well... ugh, now I will have to root for him.............only when they are NOT in the Campus Center...also had to root against the freshman goalie for Bowdion last yr as he went to my prep school as well, that worked out well........looks like a nice diverse group for the birds

Comment

Any updates on when season tickets will be available , I havent recieved any notification or if I did I miss it.

Looks like a solid recruiting effort from Bob and Moff .......
                              Last edited by CardinalSin; 09-23-2011, 04:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CardinalSin View Post
                                Any updates on when season tickets will be available , I havent recieved any notification or if I did I missed it.

Looks like a solid recruiting effort from Bob and Moff .......

IIRC we picked them up last year at the exhibition game.
                                Jim Reisdorf
                                Standing on the Rail #59

jim@loremans.com contact me for all your custom embroidery, engraving and screen printing needs! check out our website... www.loremans.com

Romney will be missed by all that have been there for the great match ups between Platty and 'Wego!!!

After Closing out Romney the right way, We opened the new rink the right way.... another loss for the Lakers!

St. Louis is a BUM!!!!

Go Sabres!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X