Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plattsburgh State Hockey 2011-12 - The work and progress continue..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Plattsburgh State Hockey 2011-12 - The work and progress continue..

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
    Again, some people include in the definition the stipulation that it must take place in 1 period. Most people don't.
    depends if its against Oz LOL

Comment

"Strict Definition" Natural Hat Tricks 1999-Present:
      Brian Toussaint @ Oswego - Nov 2, 2001
      Ryan Farnan vs. Brockport - Nov 18, 2011

"Loose Definition" Natural Hat Tricks 1999-Present:
      Justin Joy vs. Fredonia - Feb 27, 2004

Unless I missed something, the only Natural Hat Trick Plattsburgh has allowed in that time period was to Brockport's Steve Seedhouse on Feb 12, 2005. Plattsburgh won the game 7-5.

And just for laughs...

Plattsburgh Hat Trick Scorers 1999-Present
      Joe Dolci - vs. Wentworth (Jan 07, 2000)
      Mark Coletta - vs. Brockport (Jan 28, 2000)
      Eric Weidenbach - @ Potsdam (Feb 15, 2000)
      Paul Dowe - vs. Potsdam (Mar 3, 2000)
      Brendon Hodge (x3) - vs. Humbert (Oct 28, 2000), vs. Potsdam (Mar 2, 2001), vs. Cortland (Feb 7, 2003)
      Jeff Hopkins - vs. Humbert (Oct 27, 2001)
      Brian Toussaint - @ Oswego (Nov 2, 2001)
      Peter Ollari - vs. Brockport (Nov 30, 2001)
      Bryant Wilson (x2) - vs. Buffalo State (Feb 15, 2003), vs. Carleton (Oct 22, 2004)
      Ryan Busby - vs. Brockport (Nov 14, 2003)
      Paul Kelly (x2) - @ Cortland (Dec 6, 2003), vs. Curry (Mar 13, 2004)
      Rob Retter - @ Fredonia (Jan 31, 2004)
      Justin Joy - vs. Fredonia (Feb 27, 2004)
      David Friel - vs. Fredonia (Feb 28, 2004)
      Joey Wilson (x2) - @ Skidmore (Jan 16, 2007), @ Brockport (Nov 14, 2008)
      Nick Rolls - vs. Skidmore (Jan 15, 2008)
      Dylan Clarke (x2) - vs. Cortland (Dec 6, 2008), vs. Brockport (Feb 27, 2010)
      Eric Satim - @ Buffalo State (Jan 24, 2009)
      Patrick Jobb - vs. Potsdam (Feb 18, 2011)
      Ryan Craig - vs. Morrisville (Feb 23, 2011)
      Ryan Farnan - vs. Borckport (Nov 18, 2011)
      Plattsburgh CARDINALS
      SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
      ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
      NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
      NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
      NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
      NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
        "Strict Definition" Natural Hat Tricks 1999-Present:
        Brian Toussaint @ Oswego - Nov 2, 2001
        Ryan Farnan vs. Brockport - Nov 18, 2011

"Loose Definition" Natural Hat Tricks 1999-Present:
        Justin Joy vs. Fredonia - Feb 27, 2004

Unless I missed something, the only Natural Hat Trick Plattsburgh has allowed in that time period was to Brockport's Steve Seedhouse on Feb 12, 2005. Plattsburgh won the game 7-5.

And just for laughs...

Plattsburgh Hat Trick Scorers 1999-Present
        Joe Dolci - vs. Wentworth (Jan 07, 2000)
        Mark Coletta - vs. Brockport (Jan 28, 2000)
        Eric Weidenbach - @ Potsdam (Feb 15, 2000)
        Paul Dowe - vs. Potsdam (Mar 3, 2000)
        Brendon Hodge (x3) - vs. Humbert (Oct 28, 2000), vs. Potsdam (Mar 2, 2001), vs. Cortland (Feb 7, 2003)
        Jeff Hopkins - vs. Humbert (Oct 27, 2001)
        Brian Toussaint - @ Oswego (Nov 2, 2001)
        Peter Ollari - vs. Brockport (Nov 30, 2001)
        Bryant Wilson (x2) - vs. Buffalo State (Feb 15, 2003), vs. Carleton (Oct 22, 2004)
        Ryan Busby - vs. Brockport (Nov 14, 2003)
        Paul Kelly (x2) - @ Cortland (Dec 6, 2003), vs. Curry (Mar 13, 2004)
        Rob Retter - @ Fredonia (Jan 31, 2004)
        Justin Joy - vs. Fredonia (Feb 27, 2004)
        David Friel - vs. Fredonia (Feb 28, 2004)
        Joey Wilson (x2) - @ Skidmore (Jan 16, 2007), @ Brockport (Nov 14, 2008)
        Nick Rolls - vs. Skidmore (Jan 15, 2008)
        Dylan Clarke (x2) - vs. Cortland (Dec 6, 2008), vs. Brockport (Feb 27, 2010)
        Eric Satim - @ Buffalo State (Jan 24, 2009)
        Patrick Jobb - vs. Potsdam (Feb 18, 2011)
        Ryan Craig - vs. Morrisville (Feb 23, 2011)
        Ryan Farnan - vs. Borckport (Nov 18, 2011)
        wow not sure how ya figured that out , not sure I want to know either ...lol

Comment

Cardinals shutout Knights {Article from the Plattsburgh Press-Republican - Nov. 20, 2011}

Plattsburgh State picked up its second straight SUNY Athletic Conference victory, holding Geneseo scoreless in the process, but coach Bob Emery said he had "mixed feelings" afterward.

"I'm real happy for the guys that we won," he said. "They played somewhat hard, but I don't think we played too smart in our own end. I thought the play in our own end was very disheartening from a coaching standpoint."

The sixth-ranked Cardinals blanked the Knights 2-0 with goals by Vick Schlueter and Matt MacLeod early in the second period of Saturday's men's hockey game at Stafford Ice Arena.

Mathieu Cadieux, who started both games this weekend, made 23 saves for his first shutout at Plattsburgh.

"I think our goalie did a good job and gave us the chance to win the game," Emery said.

The Cardinals outshot Geneseo 12-4 in the first, and they nearly scored on a fluky play late in the period. The puck hit the end boards and bounced into the crease, in danger of being kicked in by goalie Adrian Rubeniuk, who didn't initially see it behind his right foot.

But with no Cardinals in the area, a Geneseo defenseman swooped in and collected the puck.

The Knights had an opportunity a little earlier when a 3-on-1 developed while they were shorthanded, but the Plattsburgh defenseman broke up the play.

Schlueter made it 1-0 with a power-play goal from the slot just under three minutes into the second. Patrick Jobb and Barry Roytman assisted.

The Cardinals (5-1) doubled their lead a couple of minutes later when MacLeod brought the puck up the ice himself and lifted a shot just under the cross bar from the right circle. The goal was his second of the weekend.

"I think it was a consistent effort all game, but we capitalized in the second period," Schlueter said. "We always stress getting the first goal changes the state of the game, and that was big for us."

Geneseo, which held a slight edge in shots in the third, had allowed a combined 13 goals in its last two conference games.

Emery was unhappy with the number of turnovers the Cardinals committed trying to get the puck out of their own end, and he attributed some of them to the Knights' play.

"Geneseo's game plan kind of catered to that and forced us into that," he said. "They had a good game plan, and they played well."

Rubeniuk stopped 32 shots for the Knights (4-5, 3-4 SUNYAC).

The Cardinals, who beat Brockport Friday, took sole possession of second place in the SUNYAC standings this weekend.

They gave up just one goal in two games.

"We're battling hard, and we're protecting the net," Schlueter said. "We're not perfect yet. We're still having quite a few turnovers at the blue line, and we need to stress making sure those get out. But other than that, we did a great job of protecting the net, which is good."
          Larry Normandin
          SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
          WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Hats off to the student section and the pep band for doing a good job of making some noise and creating collegiate atmosphere at the games this weekend. Wasn't that long ago you could just about count the number of college kids at the games on two hands. Good to see them out supporting the team like back in the early 80s. And the Pep Band is excellent (at least they're letting somebody blow horns right?) Kudos as well to Chefy Duquette for sponsoring them with the jerseys. Cadieux, MacLeod, Farnan, N. Jensen, Constantine and a few others looking real good thus far.
            That said, not sure what looked worse: 2000+ announced attendance (arena doesn't hold that many since rebuilt right?) with empty spaces a-plenty both nights or the scoreboard fritzing for the umpteenth time last night? Tell "FAIR-PLAY" to come get that piece of junk already. I've got an old blackboard out in the garage you can have!
            Last edited by hey now; 11-20-2011, 08:16 AM.

Comment

looking foward to the norwich-plattsburgh game friday afternoon.norwich is playing solid hockey and from the sounds of it--so is platty.these games are usually very fast and hard fought.always very entartaining hockey.should be a good barometer for both teams.

Comment

• Originally posted by dwb View Post
                looking foward to the norwich-plattsburgh game friday afternoon.norwich is playing solid hockey and from the sounds of it--so is platty.these games are usually very fast and hard fought.always very entartaining hockey.should be a good barometer for both teams.
                Should be the first of four outstanding division III college hockey games that weekend. Can't wait!
                The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                GO LAKERS!!!
                GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by hey now View Post
                  Hats off to the student section and the pep band for doing a good job of making some noise and creating collegiate atmosphere at the games this weekend. Wasn't that long ago you could just about count the number of college kids at the games on two hands. Good to see them out supporting the team like back in the early 80s. And the Pep Band is excellent (at least they're letting somebody blow horns right?)
                  I agree- it was great having the students there really getting things going this weekend! Big thanks to the Hard Hatters, who even passed out "cheer sheets" to us and other early-arriving hockey fans, I love that they reached out to us "locals" and "old folks". A BIG BOO to whoever directed Security to not allow the silent guy in the red body stocking to do his thing at the side of the penalty box. (He did great and the fans loved him, until midway thru the game when Security stopped him.) It seems that the "powers that be" at Stafford just keep trying to find new ways to squelch fun and enthusiasm at the games...

Laura

Comment

Hats off to the student section and the pep band for doing a good job of making some noise and creating collegiate atmosphere at the games this weekend. Wasn't that long ago you could just about count the number of college kids at the games on two hands. Good to see them out supporting the team like back in the early 80s. And the Pep Band is excellent (at least they're letting somebody blow horns right?) Kudos as well to Chefy Duquette for sponsoring them with the jerseys. Cadieux, MacLeod, Farnan, N. Jensen, Constantine and a few others looking real good thus far.
                    That said, not sure what looked worse: 2000+ announced attendance (arena doesn't hold that many since rebuilt right?) with empty spaces a-plenty both nights or the scoreboard fritzing for the umpteenth time last night? Tell "FAIR-PLAY" to come get that piece of junk already. I've got an old blackboard out in the garage you can have!
                    I agree the Hard Hat guys are great starting to looklike fans of the old days (start of the Zoo crew 2.0). I was kind of confused though with the attendence because the rink looked emptier Friday night than Saturday but they said that there was over 100 more people there on Friday. But I wouldn't tell Fair Play to come fix the score boards I would come take them back and replace them or go to another company and get new ones.

Comment

If you watched the Michigan football game yesterday their scoreboard was out as well, and the play clock...and they have a few bucks more than platty

Comment

I am looking forward to the Norwich/Plattsburgh game Friday and in taking a look at Plattsburgh I noticed there goalie transfer from Quinnipac Mathieu Cadieux is 3-1with a SV% of .938, GAA 1.78. Outstanding stats in my book. It interesting that this will be the second weekend in a row Norwich has played a team with a highly rated D1 transfer. NEC goalie Shawn Sirman transfered from U of Maine.
                        2009-2010 Last Person Standing winner
                        2009-2010 Interlock LPS winner

Comment

No doubt. Always good to see how the Redbirds do in the Primelink after the first few weeks of SUNYAC games. I'll be interested to see how Morrisville fares in their Vermont tournament. SUNY-ECAC/NESCAC matchups are always intriguing. Maybe Emma could line up St. Mike's for next year and provide the Card faithful with another easy road trip?

Comment

• Originally posted by hawk View Post
                            I am looking forward to the Norwich/Plattsburgh game Friday and in taking a look at Plattsburgh I noticed there goalie transfer from Quinnipac Mathieu Cadieux is 3-1with a SV% of .938, GAA 1.78. Outstanding stats in my book. It interesting that this will be the second weekend in a row Norwich has played a team with a highly rated D1 transfer. NEC goalie Shawn Sirman transfered from U of Maine.
                            I wasn't impressed with sirman on Friday. Thought the St A goaltender was better Saturday.
                            GO LAKERS!!!
                            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                            Oswego State '09

Comment

• Originally posted by hey now View Post
                              No doubt. Always good to see how the Redbirds do in the Primelink after the first few weeks of SUNYAC games. I'll be interested to see how Morrisville fares in their Vermont tournament. SUNY-ECAC/NESCAC matchups are always intriguing. Maybe Emma could line up St. Mike's for next year and provide the Card faithful with another easy road trip?
                              Doesn't do platty much good to play st mikes. Game doesn't mean anything NCAA wise and they could easily find a team that could provide stiffer competition.
                              GO LAKERS!!!
                              Oswego State '09

Comment

Not to put down Mat either...but really who has he played? He looked shaky against Morrisville for the first 20 minutes....beat a Brockport team who no matter what Saints says is not good....and a Geneseo team that is beyond lost right now. He also gave up one of the ugliest goals in Buff State that could have easily had Plattsburgh still undefeated in SUNY. Having said that, if he can keep those stats close over the next 5 games (Norwich x2, Midd/Elmira, Oswego,Cortland) then Ill be content to say Plattsburgh has something special on their hands.
                                Remy Babineaux
                                remyb616@gmail.com
                                D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Working...
                                X