Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plattsburgh State Hockey 2011-12 - The work and progress continue..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Plattsburgh State Hockey 2011-12 - The work and progress continue..

well the goalie situation looks at least to be a healthy,no beckwith comments please,thing and Im sure Bob is on top of it

Comment

• Originally posted by sticksnstones View Post
      I predict we wont be seeing the Gidaro, Blake, Cassidy line...at least two, if not all three.
      Well, Patrick Jobb just confirmed he's in tonight's lineup via Twitter. I asked him who got the nod in net, but no response yet.
      Plattsburgh State Cardinals
      1992 & 2001 NCAA Division III Ice Hockey Champions
      21 SUNYAC Championships

Comment

Originally posted by CardsFan91 View Post
        Well, Patrick Jobb just confirmed he's in tonight's lineup via Twitter. I asked him who got the nod in net, but no response yet.

Jobb is on twitter, huh? Any chance the SUNYAC would fine him if he tweeted in the locker room during intermission?

Comment

Cardinals' Constantine off to fast start {Article from the Plattsburgh Press-Republican - Nov. 11, 2011}

It hasn't taken Mark Constantine long to adjust to college hockey.

The Plattsburgh State freshman is tied for the team lead with three goals — he netted two in his first collegiate game and added another at Potsdam last week. The SUNY Athletic Conference recognized him as its men's hockey Rookie of the Week on Oct. 31.

"We knew when we recruited him he's a goal scorer — something you can't teach, goal scoring," Plattsburgh coach Bob Emery said. "He's a skilled guy, and I think he's only going to get better. And we're very fortunate to have him."

The fifth-ranked Cardinals (2-0) visit Fredonia tonight and will travel to Buffalo State on Saturday.

Constantine, a forward from Haddonfield, N.J., is listed at 5 feet, 7 inches and 155 pounds. That means he occasionally looks up to see a much bigger player coming at him.

"Speed and quickness is the only way I'll be able to handle the play. The guys are so much bigger than me, and I just gotta be faster than the bigger guys so I don't get hit, pretty much," he said. "Because it's never fun being crunched by a big guy."

Emery said Constantine also uses his head.

"Mark has decent speed, but I think what really separates him from everyone else is his knowledge of the game," he said. "He's a real smart hockey player. A lot of the goals he gets, he's in the right place at the right time because he knows he should be there."

Constantine has been skating with sophomore Daniel Cobb and freshman Jake Mooney. He's the only one of the Cardinals' 12 freshmen to tally a goal so far, and the only one with multiple points.

Constantine said college hockey is "a lot more intense" than prep hockey, but he's been able to make a pretty smooth transition.

"I was hoping to — to just be able to hop in," he said. "I'm still adjusting to things, obviously. It's early in the season. But it's been a pretty good beginning of the season for the whole team. So, hoping to keep it going."

He'll look to continue his goal streak tonight against the Blue Devils.

Fredonia (3-1-1, 1-1-1 SUNYAC) beat Morrisville 5-1 last week. Bryan Ross leads the Blue Devils with eight points in five games, and Brad Nunn is next with six points.

"They're always tough at home. The one good thing, it's a great atmosphere to play in," Emery said. "We're going to have to play good hockey to win."

Buffalo State (2-1, 2-1) opened with a loss to Geneseo but defeated Brockport and Morrisville in its last two games by a combined score of 15-3.
          Larry Normandin
          SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
          WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
            Cardinals' Constantine off to fast start {Article from the Plattsburgh Press-Republican - Nov. 11, 2011}
            WEll if he had the coach that I had when I played at The Hill School, hockey was beyond intense....hope he keeps up the good work....

Comment

Cards come from behind to down Devils {Article from the Plattsburgh Press-Republican - Nov. 12, 2011}

Friday's game didn't start out well for the Plattsburgh State men's hockey team.

But it quickly took a positive turn.

The Cardinals got their act together after falling behind by two goals for a 7-3 win over Fredonia in SUNY Athletic Conference action.

Goals by Bryan Ross and Brian Doust gave the Blue Devils (3-2-1) a 2-0 lead with 11 minutes gone in the first period.

But Alex Jensen answered with a power-play goal, his first Cardinal goal, at 13:41. And then Kyle Kudroch scored shortly after, at 14:05, to pull the Cardinals even after one.

Nick Jensen's power-play goal with 2:33 gone in the second then sent the Cardinals on their way.

"We came out flat and didn't get good leadership," Plattsburgh State coach Bob Emery said. "But when they scored the two goals, that woke us up. We were able to respond.

"We kind of dominated at times, even though they hemmed us in a couple of times in the second period. But we were able to play good team defense."

Plattsburgh State (3-0) then broke it open quickly in the third when Nick Jensen scored his second goal of the game, at 0:51, and Mark Constantine at 1:33 for a 5-2 lead.

"Those two quick ones in the third put it away," Emery said. "After that, we were looking to run time off the clock."

Jake Mooney gave the Cardinals a 6-2 advantage with his first-career Plattsburgh State goal, a power-play marker, at the 3:53 mark.

Mat Hehr tallied a power-play goal for Fredonia at 14:07, but Jordan Gidaro scored his first Plattsburgh State goal, another power-play goal, with 30 seconds left.

"We were able to get some real good opportunities, especially to start the third period," Emery said.

Plattsburgh State held a 33-25 advantage in shots, including an 18-4 edge in the second period. Josh Leis turned aside 22 of the 25 shots sent his way in net for the victory.

"It was good to get our players — Kyle Taylor, Ryan Farnan and Patrick Jobb — back," Emery said. "Taylor was great on defense and all three figured in the scoring."

Taylor and Farnan each had two assists, while Jobb added one.

It was a strange night in the SUNYAC, with Brockport skating to a 6-1 win at Geneseo and Potsdam rallying for a 3-2 victory at Buffalo State. The Cardinals play at Buffalo State tonight at 7 p.m.

"Anyone can beat anyone in the conference and you have to be prepared to play," Emery said. "Buffalo State will be even more ticked off to play us after losing to Potsdam."
              Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Hockey Cards suffer first loss {Article from the Plattsburgh Press-Republican - Nov. 13, 2011}

Plattsburgh State men's hockey coach Bob Emery had praise for Buffalo State following the Bengals' 4-3 victory Saturday night in SUNY Athletic Conference play.

"Buffalo State deserved a lot of credit," he said. "They were relentless on defense and deserved to win. A good defense will beat a good offense every night and they did better than we did."

It was the first loss of the season for the Cardinals, who are 3-1 in conference play. All four of Plattsburgh State's games have been on the road.

It was an uphill battle all game for Plattsburgh State, which never led.

"We knew they would play well defensively," Emery said. "They battled a little more than we did and wanted it a little more.

"It's not that we played badly — I was happy with our territorial play. But, we had to be prepared to win the game, 1-0, coming in."

Drew Klin gave the Bengals (3-2) the lead at 14:11 of the first period before Patrick Jobb tied it for the Cardinals at the 18:45 mark.

Buffalo State then went up, 3-1, in the second period on goals by Trevor McKinney at 1:08 and then Dave Lansdowne at 5:20.

The Cardinals got one of the goals back a little later, at 7:49, on Jake Mooney's marker.

Justin Knee gave the Bengals an important insurance goal at 12:25 of the third before Jobb tallied a power-play goal to pull Plattsburgh State back to within one, at 13:17.

Kevin Carr stopped 25 of 28 shots in the Buffalo State nets. Starter Josh Leis and Mathieu Cadieux combined for 22 saves on 26 shots for Plattsburgh State.

"I'm all about having the best team win the game and we need to find the leadership to get it done," Emery said. "We didn't find the leadership tonight — and we didn't get it done.

"We have to take it as a learning experience that it takes hard work, dedication and sacrifice to win games."

The Cardinals open their home schedule this coming weekend with SUNYAC games against Brockport on Friday and Geneseo on Saturday.
                Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Just back from W. New York trip and it was a tough one. Difficult places to play. Let me just say Buff. State is for real. They play very well defensively and have a couple of snipers who can make life difficult. They're big and tough in the boards. Cards had their chances to tie it early on, some near misses, and in the third when they were flying but not to be. Overall 2 good games to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Birds View Post
                    Just back from W. New York trip and it was a tough one. Difficult places to play. Let me just say Buff. State is for real. They play very well defensively and have a couple of snipers who can make life difficult. They're big and tough in the boards. Cards had their chances to tie it early on, some near misses, and in the third when they were flying but not to be. Overall 2 good games to watch.
                    Freddys roster looks more like a football team

Comment

This is a talented team that is going only as far as goaltending can take them (where have I heard that before?)....it's going to be a long year if Plattsburgh spends it continuously audtioning goaltenders hoping one of them seizes the starting job...
                      Steve
                      Penn State Class of '95
                      Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

• Originally posted by spwood View Post
                        This is a talented team that is going only as far as goaltending can take them (where have I heard that before?)....it's going to be a long year if Plattsburgh spends it continuously audtioning goaltenders hoping one of them seizes the starting job...
                        Ill take 3-1-0 after the first four games of the season...all on the road including the weztern NY trip. Add in all the new faces and suspensions. The way Josh played in Potsdam and for the most part in Fredonia Im not overly worried. We keep putting this Buff State loss on the side of embarassing when frankly this Buff State team could and will surprise many teams. With the improved SUNYAC there are no more give me nights, 3 season long undefeated streaks, or expected blow out wins. If people keep thinking in this direction they will be dissapointed. What Plattsburgh did back in the late 90s will probably never happen again as long as the SUNYAC doesnt regress back to the old days, but I dont see it happening. We have to keep in mind too that when a team (any SUNY team) plays a Plattsburgh or Oswego this is their Championship. Each year we always seem to be the "big game" for everyone. Parents weekend, pink the rink, saves for a cure, whatever. Are teams like Buff State, Brockport, Morrisville ect as talented as Plattsburgh? No. But if you give them hope they start to believe. Thats where the leadership and matching the emotion come into play. Plattsburgh is still in 2nd place with two others with a game at hand. Take care of buisness over the next 3 weeks.
                        Remy Babineaux
                        remyb616@gmail.com
                        D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                          Ill take 3-1-0 after the first four games of the season...all on the road including the weztern NY trip. Add in all the new faces and suspensions. The way Josh played in Potsdam and for the most part in Fredonia Im not overly worried. We keep putting this Buff State loss on the side of embarassing when frankly this Buff State team could and will surprise many teams. With the improved SUNYAC there are no more give me nights, 3 season long undefeated streaks, or expected blow out wins. If people keep thinking in this direction they will be dissapointed. What Plattsburgh did back in the late 90s will probably never happen again as long as the SUNYAC doesnt regress back to the old days, but I dont see it happening. We have to keep in mind too that when a team (any SUNY team) plays a Plattsburgh or Oswego this is their Championship. Each year we always seem to be the "big game" for everyone. Parents weekend, pink the rink, saves for a cure, whatever. Are teams like Buff State, Brockport, Morrisville ect as talented as Plattsburgh? No. But if you give them hope they start to believe. Thats where the leadership and matching the emotion come into play. Plattsburgh is still in 2nd place with two others with a game at hand. Take care of buisness over the next 3 weeks.
                          Agree the SUNYAC will no longer see Oz and PLatty blow teams out as much and yea they are the 2 that both teams gun for..Buff st has beat Platty 3 in a row, and we know what freddy has done to Oz...I am not looking forward to Oz going west this weekend, and Platty will have their hands filled at home as well........

Comment

{Article from the Plattsburgh Press-Republican - Nov. 18, 2011}

Emery said senior defenseman Matt MacLeod will be available for the Cardinals this weekend after starting the season on suspension.
                            Plattsburgh State Cardinals
                            1992 & 2001 NCAA Division III Ice Hockey Champions
                            21 SUNYAC Championships

Comment

So who is left on suspension? Just curious, cause it feels like we have most if not everyone back now!

Comment

Originally posted by CardFan View Post
                                So who is left on suspension? Just curious, cause it feels like we have most if not everyone back now!
                                Docking.

Comment

Working...
                                X