Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plattsburgh State Hockey 2011-12 - The work and progress continue..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Plattsburgh State Hockey 2011-12 - The work and progress continue..

Originally posted by LoudHorns31 View Post
    I had no issue with him or what he was trying to do. it was the manner in which he did it. it was his condescending tone, and wording along with his mocking gestures and feeling that he needed to bring university police over to stand right behind us all night.
    Would it bother you to know that your pictures are now posted at the University Police HQ's?
    LETS GO BEARS!

"Never play flag football in the nude"-Bob Kevoian

"Don't let anyone tell you what we do builds character, it only reveals it." J.Marsh

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Mike St. Louis is not a BUM!

Comment

Great job, Rem! I'm really enjoying them!

Comment

Originally posted by Saints17 View Post
        Would it bother you to know that your pictures are now posted at the University Police HQ's?

yes it would, he didn't ask my permission to take my picture!
        Jim Reisdorf
        Standing on the Rail #59

jim@loremans.com contact me for all your custom embroidery, engraving and screen printing needs! check out our website... www.loremans.com

Romney will be missed by all that have been there for the great match ups between Platty and 'Wego!!!

After Closing out Romney the right way, We opened the new rink the right way.... another loss for the Lakers!

St. Louis is a BUM!!!!

Go Sabres!!!

Comment

I thought it was interesting that the PA announcement in Potsdam clearly stated that noisemakers are against SUNYAC regulations. ???

I actually liked that there were a lot of Potsdam students there having a great time dancing to the music clips, etc., even if they must not have been paying much attention to the scoreboard.... And that they played a lot of the familiar (yes, "old school") clips that you can clap to, stomp to, chant along with, etc. There was quite a bit of atmosphere, IMO.

Laura

Laura

Comment

Originally posted by Laura View Post
            I thought it was interesting that the PA announcement in Potsdam clearly stated that noisemakers are against SUNYAC regulations. ???

I actually liked that there were a lot of Potsdam students there having a great time dancing to the music clips, etc., even if they must not have been paying much attention to the scoreboard.... And that they played a lot of the familiar (yes, "old school") clips that you can clap to, stomp to, chant along with, etc. There was quite a bit of atmosphere, IMO.

Laura
            Are you saying "My Sharona" is Old School??
            Larry Normandin
            SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
            WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by Saints17 View Post
              You mean they weren't there before? I think Jim and Remy are probably insulted!
              Steve
              Penn State Class of '95
              Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
                Are you saying "My Sharona" is Old School??
                Ha! I guess "old school" was not the best expression to use... but I thought the PA announcer at Potsdam did a great job of getting the crowd going, and I liked the choice of music clips. A lot of them I haven't heard at Stafford for a few years, all those nice foot stomping, clapping, sing alongs. If I can't have my cowbell, at least I'd like some music to clap and shout to!

Laura

Comment

Ha! I guess "old school" was not the best expression to use... but I thought the PA announcer at Potsdam did a great job of getting the crowd going, and I liked the choice of music clips. A lot of them I haven't heard at Stafford for a few years, all those nice foot stomping, clapping, sing alongs. If I can't have my cowbell, at least I'd like some music to clap and shout to!

Laura
                  You know you make me wanna Shout! - Kick my heels up and Shout! - Throw my hands up and Shout! - Throw my head back and Shout! - Come on now Shout!

Now that would be Old School But seriously, I agree with you, it beat Stafford's Achy Breaky Heart!!!
                  Larry Normandin
                  SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                  WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
                    You know you make me wanna Shout! - Kick my heels up and Shout! - Throw my hands up and Shout! - Throw my head back and Shout! - Come on now Shout!

Now that would be Old School But seriously, I agree with you, it beat Stafford's Achy Breaky Heart!!!

Can't forget about the "Burning Ring of Fire" that always happens at the Staff!!!!
                    Jim Reisdorf
                    Standing on the Rail #59

jim@loremans.com contact me for all your custom embroidery, engraving and screen printing needs! check out our website... www.loremans.com

Romney will be missed by all that have been there for the great match ups between Platty and 'Wego!!!

After Closing out Romney the right way, We opened the new rink the right way.... another loss for the Lakers!

St. Louis is a BUM!!!!

Go Sabres!!!

Comment

I There was quite a bit of atmosphere, IMO.
                      I love going to Potsdam for that reason. It is a COLLEGE HOCKEY atmosphere unlike what we see at PSU these days.

Comment

Still a long way to go, but these guys were at the last home game, and really seemed to have a good time working the student section.

http://www.cardinalpointsonline.com/...0_201110132237

Comment

I think there was a pretty good effort to get a little more from the Stafford student section last season. It's difficult in that the Cardinals might as well be starting from scratch where student interest is concerned. It's not like the team has fallen on rough times and the students have left with the wins; there hasn't been a consistent student presence at any time, good or bad, for 20+ years. Further, the college had no real reason to generate a buzz until recently. Community support kept the arena jumping through the early 2000s, when crowds began to wane, age, and fall into a general cynical complacency (symptoms also found in the Plattsburgh area in general). Hopefully the kids can build on what they've done this year; the Oswego game provides as good a chance as any to start.
                          Go Cards: win or lose, The Better Team.
                          A Lot of (Sometimes Tainted) SUNYAC Championships
                          A Handful of ECAC West Championships
                          A Number of NCAA Appearances, Including Several Trips to the Final Four, Though Some of Them Don't Count
                          Some National Championships:
                          Women's (THIS YEAR, LAST YEAR, A Couple Years Back, '08, '07)
                          Men's (Wow Look at the Time Pass, A While before That)

Comment

...one idea - expand the student section to 50% of capacity...that would be a real energy jolt...
                            LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill-R- View Post
                              I love going to Potsdam for that reason. It is a COLLEGE HOCKEY atmosphere unlike what we see at PSU these days.
                              +1
                              Plattsburgh State Cardinals
                              1992 & 2001 NCAA Division III Ice Hockey Champions
                              21 SUNYAC Championships

Comment

• Originally posted by Adirondack View Post
                                Still a long way to go, but these guys were at the last home game, and really seemed to have a good time working the student section.

http://www.cardinalpointsonline.com/...0_201110132237
                                Ehhh. Their chants are odd. Not even hockey related what-so-ever.
                                Plattsburgh State Cardinals
                                1992 & 2001 NCAA Division III Ice Hockey Champions
                                21 SUNYAC Championships

Comment

Working...
                                X