X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ginding away- stop putting sand in my oil... Part 4

Originally posted by jen View Post
    I also fondly recall the lady that chewed her food while talking loudly on the phone (mostly yelling at her ex-husband or daughter) and clearing throat lady.
    Just experienced this earlier this week while having a phone conference. Disgusting and annoying. I get it, you're having a busy day. Can't you take 10-15 minutes to quickly eat your lunch before you get on the phone?

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      Just experienced this earlier this week while having a phone conference. Disgusting and annoying. I get it, you're having a busy day. Can't you take 10-15 minutes to quickly eat your lunch before you get on the phone?
      Or use the mute button...
      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        There are more disgusting and annyoing places to use the phone. Bathroom stall being one of them. yuk.

Comment

Originally posted by zamboni crash-test dummy
          Here's a great use for a bathroom stall at work: I started a new job a few months ago with a large manufacturing company with a union shop (this is my first experience in a union environment though my position is non-union). I'm in the smelly shop locker room taking a whiz one day and I hear snoring coming out of one of the stalls. Ah, yes, it must be nice to be a union member and be able to come to work right from the bar and to get some sleep.
          Did you check to see if it was Jimmy Hoffa, Sr?
          2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Would you think this is the right phrasing- "I don't know you, and don't really have any idea which group you work for, but you managed to have a kid. great." ?

Between the new kid, wedding, death, and other random notifications of people I have no idea who are, holy cow. Generally, I don't know you, and don't need to know what your personal life is doing.

IMHO, people you know and who you work with, who actually care, will know. No need to spam the rest of us.

I'll remind my boss not to send out anything beyond my section if anything happens.

Comment

Ya know what has been ****ing me off lately...friends lying and being too friggin stupid to do it properly. I know I have people in my life that I probably shouldnt (with me it is not an easy process to eject a friend) and I have no issue with them lying straight faced to me about stuff as long as I can remain ignorant of the truth. When you are too stupid to even do that properly then it becomes even more insulting to me.

A vague example: lets say there is someone I have been trying to see for months now. They always have an excuse stating work or her divorce or whatever, very believable stuff that I accept happily. Then pictures will be posted of them hanging out with other people on Facebook or someone will reference them in an update having hung out and doing stuff, or they will invite other people to their new home to hang out. (but never me) BTW none of that is from Facebook stalking, that is just the basic stuff that shows up in the Newsfeed :shock:

Now see I was fine believing she was busy, it sucked but at least it looked like it was just the way life was going. She is so bad at lying though and at hiding it thaat there is a mountain of evidence that slaps me in the face every time I sign onto Facebook now.

Sorry, lame rant but I needed to say that I guess
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                Ya know what has been ****ing me off lately...friends lying and being too friggin stupid to do it properly. I know I have people in my life that I probably shouldnt (with me it is not an easy process to eject a friend) and I have no issue with them lying straight faced to me about stuff as long as I can remain ignorant of the truth. When you are too stupid to even do that properly then it becomes even more insulting to me.

A vague example: lets say there is someone I have been trying to see for months now. They always have an excuse stating work or her divorce or whatever, very believable stuff that I accept happily. Then pictures will be posted of them hanging out with other people on Facebook or someone will reference them in an update having hung out and doing stuff, or they will invite other people to their new home to hang out. (but never me) BTW none of that is from Facebook stalking, that is just the basic stuff that shows up in the Newsfeed :shock:

Now see I was fine believing she was busy, it sucked but at least it looked like it was just the way life was going. She is so bad at lying though and at hiding it thaat there is a mountain of evidence that slaps me in the face every time I sign onto Facebook now.

Sorry, lame rant but I needed to say that I guess
                People like this do not deserve any space rented in your head. Not worth the investment of your time. Now is when you cut your losses and run fast in the other direction before they need something from you.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                  People like this do not deserve any space rented in your head. Not worth the investment of your time. Now is when you cut your losses and run fast in the other direction before they need something from you.
                  Exactly.

And quit telling yourself to keep trying because its too hard for you to "eject a friend" as you said. That's crap. This person is not a friend.

It may not be easy, but that's true for everyone, not just you. If you've tried to connect with her and she has done the things you say, you need to wake up and realize she's not interested. Move on!

Comment

Originally posted by johnnypohlfan View Post
                    Exactly.

And quit telling yourself to keep trying because its too hard for you to "eject a friend" as you said. That's crap. This person is not a friend.

It may not be easy, but that's true for everyone, not just you. If you've tried to connect with her and she has done the things you say, you need to wake up and realize she's not interested. Move on!
                    You seem rather cryptic here

Point taken
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Re: Ginding away- stop putting sand in my oil... Part 4

You seem rather cryptic here

Point taken
                      Good. Now apply it!

Comment

I am...I will basically be forced to see them one more time (at a mutual friends cancer benefit) but beyond that I will make zero effort at friendship.

Oh that reminds me...Cancer grinds my gears!
                        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I am...I will basically be forced to see them one more time (at a mutual friends cancer benefit) but beyond that I will make zero effort at friendship.

Oh that reminds me...Cancer grinds my gears!
                          That goes without saying. At this point almost everyone knows someone who has/had cancer. So it should grind everyones gears, it dies for me.
                          RITTIGERS FOR LIFE!!

Proud member of the Corner.

Support Hockey. Any Location, Any Time, Any Level, Any Gender. For some it's a game, for others a sport - for me, it's something more.

Comment

we have a loud sniffler. I repeat, there is a loud sniffler in quietland. blow your dmn nose already! I might throw my box of Kleenex at her head to emphasize my point. At least this appears to be a seasonal thing, and not a daily thing.

xyz, re: your rep - the throat clearer and I parted ways when we moved to a different building 2 years ago. funny thing is, I had a little deja vu of my former boss complaining to me once, years ago, that he sat by someone that cleared her throat all day long and it was driving him crazy - and I made fun of him. After my experience, I'm sure it was her (I didn't know her then). karma is a btch.
                            Last edited by jen; 10-05-2011, 04:54 PM. Reason: I have removed signifcant vowels.

Comment

The guy sitting in front of me on my flight home today tried to recline his seat the entire flight, constantly smashing it into my knees. Hey *******, your ****ing seat can't go back anymore, its not my fault, my knees are physically in the way! Hopefully he gets hit by a bus tonight.
                              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                                The guy sitting in front of me on my flight home today tried to recline his seat the entire flight, constantly smashing it into my knees. Hey *******, your ****ing seat can't go back anymore, its not my fault, my knees are physically in the way! Hopefully he gets hit by a bus tonight.
                                Did you kick his seat? I would have struggled to not exaggerate EVERY leg movement.
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X