This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ginding away- stop putting sand in my oil... Part 4

I have a coworker who throws fits if he doesn't get his way or you don't do it his way. Some days, it's hilarious. Other days, like last night, I want to punch him right between the eyes.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Contractors.

Seriously, my wife would have to babysit them while they do their work in order to make sure that they actually do everything that they put on their quote.
      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

The lady popping my personal bubble on the ferry. Crowding past me to save 1 second getting off the boat. You'll get home, I promise.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
          Contractors.

Seriously, my wife would have to babysit them while they do their work in order to make sure that they actually do everything that they put on their quote.
          Angie's List.

Comment

• Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
            Angie's List.
            Any contractor who wants to pay can be on Angie's list
            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
              Any contractor who wants to pay can be on Angie's list
              May be true, but are the reviews fake? They are what I pay attention to.

Comment

I don't think it is worth it to pay for Angie's List. I have better things to spend money on. If I need to find someone to do some work, I'll get a recommendation from a friend or coworker.
                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Politicians who come out and say one thing verbally and in writing then change their tune after they are elected.
                  People who post libelous things on the internet about those that oppose their point of view, get sued, take down the site and then reincarnate it with a different name therefore thoroughly cowing the opposition.
                  Feeling stupid that I agreed to live in the town after it was one of the only towns in the country to choose to shut their library as a cost saving measure.
                  Being stuck owning a house in a town whose education system is so bad that the houses aren't selling and realizing I probably screwed my kid out of the chance for a the level of education the surrounding towns give by living here.
                  Teh suck

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                    Feeling stupid that I agreed to live in the town after it was one of the only towns in the country to choose to shut their library as a cost saving measure.
                    Being stuck owning a house in a town whose education system is so bad that the houses aren't selling and realizing I probably screwed my kid out of the chance for a the level of education the surrounding towns give by living here.
                    Teh suck
                    Don't beat yourself up about the schooling for the kids, Les. I raised my three girls in a rural Midwestern community that, for all its benefits, cannot claim to have top tier education system. Good across the board, but not geared to a high level. Yet they all have had college opportunities at very highly regarded universities. I would have liked to raise them in a more diverse environment, but they seem drawn to that now that they are young adults, so it seems to have worked out. It all starts in the home, and I'm sure you will raise them in an environment that encourages inquiry and stimulates curiosity.

Sounds a little cliché and preachy, and I apologize for that.

Comment

Lil les is a Sr this yr. They are cutting everything. Too late to change schools. Just disgusted. They are trying to get an override to level fund and the townies are all posting No signs. Makes me sick to my stomach that he is being exposed to people who are so ignorant and proud of it. I know he will be OK but wonder what his potential would have been if he had grown up a few towns over where they offer so much more.

I do appreciate the preachy. Feeling sorry for things really doesn't fix them.

Comment

Lil les is a Sr this yr. They are cutting everything. Too late to change schools. Just disgusted. They are trying to get an override to level fund and the townies are all posting No signs. Makes me sick to my stomach that he is being exposed to people who are so ignorant and proud of it. I know he will be OK but wonder what his potential would have been if he had grown up a few towns over where they offer so much more.

Too late for Lowell Catholic??
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                          Too late for Lowell Catholic??
                          Going into his Sr yr. Too late to change. and not enough cash.

Comment

My wife and I are both from said town and are looking to sell our current house in the next town over and potentially move back. That will not happen if they override doesn't pass and the current local government changes. Cathy Richardson may be one of the worst things that ever happened to said town. (Didn't know if you wanted the name of the town mentioned.)

Comment

Politicians who come out and say one thing verbally and in writing then change their tune after they are elected.
                              People who post libelous things on the internet about those that oppose their point of view, get sued, take down the site and then reincarnate it with a different name therefore thoroughly cowing the opposition.
                              Teh suck
                              Les
                              My kid went to a school with far less resources, Kids in his class are going to Colby, Bentley, UNE, etc. They want to be Drs, Vets, Pharmacists, etc. Parents make a bigger difference than the school in the end.
                              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

I know he is smart (altho motivation is shakey at times- running is way more interesting) and I know you are what you make of yourself. Unfortunately many of the colleges are very competitive right now. When he gets where he is going he is going to be a beat behind as far as preparation.

It it doesn't feel good to know that every town, even the city next to us, has so much more to offer. I grew up in a town that most people assumed that college was the next grade after HS. To realize that people deeply believe you shouldn't expect a good education and you are uppity to do so is not the culture I want my kid to buy into. I don't believe every kid should go to college but I do believe in a basic education. That you should expect your kid gets a foreign language before 9th grade, that there shouldn't be a $150 fee for a 4th grader to participate in chorus or play an instrument. that they should have art classes, that they should have computer, gym, music more than one day every 2 weeks and those teachers shouldn't move between 4 schools teaching over 1000 different kids, that the school counselors shouldn't have 1:2500 kid ratio (recommended ratio is 1:250). It is obscene what people think is OK here. I have more of a problem than he does because I know what he should be getting and other kids got a few yrs ago. He views these people as white trailer trash who are ignorant, a waste of O2 and very selfish. He has no idea what a disadvantage he has.

There are for sale signs up everywhere (none of which are moving) on the streets leading to my house. If we did decide to move we would take a serious loss since they have shown how little we are willing to invest in the kids in town the property values are dropping. I moved a lot as a kid and the though of moving is not my ideal but the thought of living in a town with this culture makes me ill. Mr is not happy with this thought as he grew up here.

Comment

Working...
                                X