This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ginding away- stop putting sand in my oil... Part 4

Not that I blame her, but on a Gopher@MTU trip, we convinced one lady (Dancing Girl) in our group that the tattoo parlor was really a front for a brothel, because prostitution was legal in the UP of MI.

Nevermind the illogical reason that you would need a front for a legal business......that was part of the humor of the situation.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      Not that I blame her, but on a Gopher@MTU trip, we convinced one lady (Dancing Girl) in our group that the tattoo parlor was really a front for a brothel, because prostitution was legal in the UP of MI.

Nevermind the illogical reason that you would need a front for a legal business......that was part of the humor of the situation.
      We once had her convinced that blue balls were actually blue.
      I was told there would be no math...

Comment

Originally posted by melmac View Post
        IALTO!!!!

Awesome.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
          I once had to show someone a map to prove to them that North Korea is indeed North of South Korea.
          Closer to home -

When I worked in San Francisco one Oakland native that I worked with thought her home was straight East of where our office was in SF. She actually lived quite a bit south in central Oakland. I could point out the window of our high rise office tower and to a map but she did not believe me. Her reasoning - she just stayed on the freeway and didn't turn off after crossing the Bay bridge. She was oblivious to the big curve in the freeway she drove every freaking day. She had grown up in the Bay Area and had no clue as to its layout.

Comment

Originally posted by handyman View Post
            i got my money on macalester or st. Thomas...they are so stuck up and stupid they would truly think antarctica was in the us...
            Saint Thomas.

Comment

As I was getting in my car to leave the grocery store, the woman in the car next to me was doing the same. She spent 20-30 seconds after she had put her groceries into her car putting the shopping cart in the corner of 4 parking spots and adjusting it so it wouldn't roll away. She could have spent the same 20-30 seconds to walk that shopping cart five car widths to the shopping cart corral.
              Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by melmac View Post
                So not surprised. She's very very trusting. Even though she should know better with certain people.
                Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                Originally posted by Quizmire
                mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Time Warner still sucks. I'm moving into a new apartment at the end of the month. National Grid and National Fuel took care of me no problem, even though I didn't have my account numbers. Time Warner? I waited for them to call me "within five minutes" for a half-hour, finally decided that I should call them, and now I've been on the phone for twenty-five minutes and the woman that I am talking to is still completely clueless as to what's going on. I hate Time Warner.

And now she's trying to sell me a new package. Why?
                  Last edited by burgie12; 06-20-2012, 01:23 PM.
                  Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

People who listen to music without headphones on mass transit should be shot out of a cannon into the the sun.

Comment

• Originally posted by JuveGG24 View Post
                      People who listen to music without headphones on mass transit should be shot out of a cannon into the the sun.
                      That would be one hell of a cannon!
                      the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                        That would be one hell of a cannon!
                        I'm willing to allow them to be locked up until engineers have developed the technology.

Then, the sun.

Comment

Originally posted by JuveGG24 View Post
                          You should sit next to them and sing along - loudly and badly. If you can sing a completely different song than they are trying to play even better!

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                            You should sit next to them and sing along - loudly and badly. If you can sing a completely different song than they are trying to play even better!
                            I tried something like that on the train the other day. The person sitting next to me on train was jabbering away on her cell phone really loudly for a long time, so I took out my phone and pushed a button to sound a ringtone, as if I had an incoming call. Then I started talking loudly, I said "you'll have to speak up, the person next to me is talking so loudly I can barely hear you."

No, I didn't really do that,sigh...but a person can dream, no?
                            "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by JuveGG24 View Post
                              Isn't that illegal (the radio) in some states?
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                                Isn't that illegal (the radio) in some states?
                                I can't speak for illegal, I don't know, but on RTD (Denver's transit system) it is grounds for getting kicked off the bus/light rail.

Comment

Working...
                                X