This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ginding away- stop putting sand in my oil... Part 4

Road construction. Well, to be more specific, when they make drastic lane changes without any notice. Just this morning, my exit was closed without warning- it's a 3 direction exit, with one of them already closed, but my part was still open. This morning- all 3 were closed- no notice. Added 40 min to my drive to work.

I'm glad that they are working on the road- and can normally deal with the lack of lanes. But when unannounced changes do that, my gears start to gind.

Comment

People who cut across parking lots.

More specifically: People who cut across parking lots and assume that they'll still get the right of way.
      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Overuse of exclamation points!!! I have a coworker who cannot send an email without ending every single sentence with at least one!!! Most of the time its multiple!!!!!

Seriously. I appreciate that you are thankful for the work I've done or that something good has happened but for the love of God, tone it down.

Comment

If you have a baby, for the love of god, don't bring it on a plane. Or just check it in one of those dog kennels or something.
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Your government at its absolute finest

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
              If you have a baby, for the love of god, don't bring it on a plane. Or just check it in one of those dog kennels or something.
              Mitt Romney just ties them to the roof of his car.
              Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

sigh

Comment

Originally posted by johnnypohlfan View Post
                  Overuse of exclamation points!!! I have a coworker who cannot send an email without ending every single sentence with at least one!!! Most of the time its multiple!!!!!

Seriously. I appreciate that you are thankful for the work I've done or that something good has happened but for the love of God, tone it down.
                  What really causes me to grind my teeth about e-mails with multiple exclamation points is when someone brings brownies or cookies or something and sets them out in the break room.

"There are homemade cookies in the break room! Enjoy!!!"

it's that "Enjoy!!!" that gets to me....it's like a command, not an invitation.
                  "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                    What really causes me to grind my teeth about e-mails with multiple exclamation points is when someone brings brownies or cookies or something and sets them out in the break room.

"There are homemade cookies in the break room! Enjoy!!!"

it's that "Enjoy!!!" that gets to me....it's like a command, not an invitation.
                    Why does this rent so much space in your head!?!!??! eat the chocolate and say thanks!1!1!!11!!1!!!

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                      Why does this rent so much space in your head!?!!??! eat the chocolate and say thanks!1!1!!11!!1!!!
                      And don't forget to Enjoy!!!!!
                      Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                      Originally posted by Quizmire
                      mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                      MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                      MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                      I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Grr. Here it is 9:22 and Lil is just starting to put together the poster for his project that is due tomorrow BIG grade in subject where he needs a GOOD grade. He still has to get everything ready for his meet tomorrow. Biggest meet of the season and yep he is a fup as far as being responsible enough to do the work before tonight. Last night, as he was watching TV we asked if he would be ready for bed on time tonight. Yep. Now I am a nag. Well suck it up knucklehead. You screwed up. Loving it costs him 3$ for every 20 min over his bedtime (9:30). So far in the last few weeks he has wracked up about 20$ in idiot fees. Gonna be a long time before he has enough money to insure that car at this rate. GRRRR!!

Comment

The kid is old enough to drive and he has a bedtime of 9:30, or a bedtime period? Strict much?
                          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

The kid is old enough to drive and he has a bedtime of 9:30, or a bedtime period? Strict much?
                            When he can't get out of bed to make the bus in the AM and he isn't driving yet-yes. It is the attitude more than the time frame. He isn't a self motivator. I don't mind letting him sink or swim to a point but our school system is in the shi77ter. If he gets out of honors classes he is screwed for an education. We can't afford the 15K for a private school.

Comment

It's totally reasonable if he can't get out of bed in the morning and function on less than X hours of sleep. And there's a big difference between 14/15 and 17/18.

Comment

I'm not a parent, so I may be off base, but I would think at that age it would work better to say "I won't tell you when you need to go to sleep, you're old enough to figure that out by yourself, but you need to be up by x time so you can make it to school. If you don't make it to school, you won't be able to participate in the next track/cross country meet." Give him the sense of some responsibility and lay out the consequences. My guess is that he would figure it out pretty quickly, especially if he had to stay home from one meet.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X