X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ginding away- stop putting sand in my oil... Part 4

Originally posted by Almington View Post
    You could try and find one that isn't "kill you while you sleep" crazy.
    Oh, I have found them before. They're boring.
    Crazy girls are also crazy in bed. IfyouknowwhatImean.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Annoying Coworker of the Day #1,672: The person on the conference call who doesn't mute their phone and has a nasty phlegmy cough.
      Wisconsin Badgers: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, 2006 NCAA Champs

Comment

Originally posted by zamboni crash-test dummy View Post
        Annoying Coworker of the Day #1,672: The person on the conference call who doesn't mute their phone and has a nasty phlegmy cough.
        yuck. breathing into the phone is bad enough.

Yesterday, I had a 10 minute conversion with someone who was eating a carrot while sitting right next to me. Considering my past posts in this thread, you can use your imagination on how the conversation went and whether or not I punched him in the face before he was able to finish his effing carrot. Some people get road rage, some people get co-worker rage. And could he pick a crunchier food to chew right in my ear?!? My co-worker laughed at me after he left because I have the WORST poker face.

edit: I seem to be making multiple posts about punching people in the face today. Interesting.
        Last edited by jen; 12-21-2011, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Note to self: avoid jen today, especially while eating.

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
            Note to self: avoid jen today, especially while eating.
            This is good advice every day for a lot of people.

Comment

Originally posted by jen View Post
              edit: I seem to be making multiple posts about punching people in the face today. Interesting.
              LOL - I was just thinking that. You've been hanging out on this board for way too long.

Comment

Stores that ask you for your email address during the checkout process. Um, yeah my email is gofcukyourself@fcukoff.com.

Yesterday I was shopping at Gap with my wife and the gal at the register asked me for my email address. I was paying as it was a Christmas gift for the wife, but otherwise I would never shop at the Gap and have absolutely no interest in them flooding my email inbox every day with their crap . I simply told the gal that I don't give out my email address, and she responded with a look of disgust and a sarcastic, "Ok." She then proceeded to be a total c*nt for the rest of the transaction. You know how after the receipt is printed they normally ask you, "Would you like the receipt with you or in the bag?" This gal was so bothered by my not giving her my email address, she simply held the receipt up in the air and without even looking at me, said, "With you or in the bag?"

Needless to say, that's the last time I'll set foot in a Gap store.

Comment

I'm swamped at work this week and my manager asks me to do something because she doesn't have time. I finish it and try to tell her it's done. She's not in her office but I go downstairs to get coffee and she's sitting on the floor in the office managers room looking at handbags. Good lord.

Comment

Originally posted by collegehcky2 View Post
                    I'm swamped at work this week and my manager asks me to do something because she doesn't have time. I finish it and try to tell her it's done. She's not in her office but I go downstairs to get coffee and she's sitting on the floor in the office managers room looking at handbags. Good lord.
                    You needed to interupt her and tell her you finished the task she didn't have time for. Unless, of course, you need the job.

Comment

She's a woman, of course she couldn't miss that all-important shopping appointment.

Comment

You should print it out and put a Post-It on the front:

For review.
                        -collegehcky2
                        P.S. Go with the red purse
                        and leave it on her chair.
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                          You needed to interupt her and tell her you finished the task she didn't have time for. Unless, of course, you need the job.
                          I asked her of she can refrain from giving me stuff to do this afternoon because I have some shoes to look at.

Comment

Originally posted by collegehcky2 View Post
                            I asked her of she can refrain from giving me stuff to do this afternoon because I have some shoes to look at.
                            Well done

Switching electronic medical records at work. The training guy was 2.5 hrs late (unavoidable) but royally screwed up everything. They booked me thru the lunch break (after saying they were just going to book everyone later in the day) reasoning that I should have space b/w patients to eat. Yup that worked well. The first person showed up a bit late. By the time I got thru with that one the next one was there. Needed intervention that took about 30 minutes meaning I got a grand total of 7 minutes for lunch and missed a big part of training on the thing I will need to know what to do because I start the process. double u Tee F. Do not mess with booking clinical stuff when you are not clinical and have no idea what the story with the pt is. Grr. By the time I finally packed it in and left the training an hour after my usual hours I shut my office door and was in tears I was so aggravated. They were still sending me messages a half hour after they weren't supposed to and they were all messed up because they didn't know what they were doing. It is too much to do mentally labor intensive stuff all day with no break, no lunch and the exectation we are going to just be available til when ever. Oh yeah- and they promised breakfast all week so I finally didn't eat expecting to get some at work but the manager decided not to get it this AM without warning anyone.

Meanwhile Mr. les is traveling, my kid was calling to see when I am picking him up and he has helped my Mum clean out her basement so now he brought all this stuff home that is sitting on my kitchen floor, I have been volunteered to drive the kids to practice tomorrow which means I have to leave 45 mins early, and we start the new system tomorrow when I missed some crucial parts as far as what I need to do. (hope the grammar horse misses that huge run on sentence!!!) I think I am hitting the wall. /end rant

phew that felt good.
                            Last edited by leswp1; 12-29-2011, 09:03 PM.

Comment

having to fill out peer feedback (for annual reviews) on people I work with once or twice a year grinds my gears. it's especially odd because I wasn't asked to do it for the 2 people I actually do work with every day. um, well.. I guess he did a good job.. on that one problem we worked on.. in July? I have no idea what to say.

self reviews don't grind my gears as much since my (old) boss stopped asking for strengths and weaknesses. I just give a bulletpoint list of my accomplishments and let him figure it out. although now I have a new boss, so who knows for next year? I always listed the same weaknesses, every year of my career - I have issues delegating. I took a class in it once, and I still suck at it.
                              Last edited by jen; 01-06-2012, 09:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jen View Post
                                I always listed the same weaknesses, every year of my career - I have issues delegating. I took a class in it once, and I still suck at it.
                                Well, no one can do it as well as you can. if you delegate it, you end up having to fix it later anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X