X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ginding away- stop putting sand in my oil... Part 4

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
    I think you need to go camp out on the park by the Henn. County Govt. Center. That'll show them! BTW, I assume my tax dollars are paying for all the portable toilets lined up there to serve these people, right? I heard the bill for the cops in NYC has passed $2M. I'm sure that's helping the economic crisis now isn't it?
    You realize that most of these knobs are from privilaged families?
    Denver Pioneers - NCAA ICE HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS - 1958, 60, 61, 68, 69, 2004, 05, 2017

2016-17 Penrose Cup Champions

YEARS SINCE LAST COLORADO COLLEGE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP - 61...and counting

Chicago Cubs - WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS - 1907, 1908, 2016

Chicago Blackhawks - STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS - 1934, 1938, 1961, 2010, 2013, 2015

Manchester City F.C. - Premier League/First Division Winners - 1937, 1968, 2012, 2014.

RIP Butch

sigpic
    www.firstandmonday.com

Comment

That signal on your car is supposed to be used to let people know what you are GOING to do, not what you have already done. It grinds my gears when people slam on their brakes, then signal and turn.

Comment

Health care providers, and company options.

I'm irritated that my company is dropping my health care option starting Jan 1. Sucks.

And it's just as bad that all of my new options do NOT cover the physical therapy that I currently have. They cover the therapy, but not the location. Stupid.

On a more specific front, how in the world did HAP get a JD award for customer service. As a potential customer, the number that I was given aks 3 times for your member number before giving up, and making you wait quite a bit more. #2- the local people here doing a "show" on it said- "you have to be paitent and wait- as if that's ok, instead of hitting 0 as a new customer. #3- when asked a very specific question like "who are the PT providers"- it took 10 min to answer that, and the answer was "should". "Should" does not mean yes, and is not a great way of selling your wares to me. Basically, the JD Power awards are usless here, too. Customer service. not.

Comment

There's a business I have to pass by to & from work that has a loading dock the length of a semi trailer away from the edge of the street - no lot or drive for trucks to maneuver in. So when they get a delivery the driver has to pull across both lanes of the street to line himself up, then back in, then pull forward again to straighten out, then back in again, then once more forward and back - unless it's a new guy (or worse - a chick ) then it's like 5 more times back and forth - all the while traffic is backing up on the street in both directions. Man that's more annoying than waiting for a train.
          Wisconsin Badgers: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, 2006 NCAA Champs

Comment

Originally posted by zamboni crash-test dummy View Post
            There's a business I have to pass by to & from work that has a loading dock the length of a semi trailer away from the edge of the street - no lot or drive for trucks to maneuver in. So when they get a delivery the driver has to pull across both lanes of the street to line himself up, then back in, then pull forward again to straighten out, then back in again, then once more forward and back - unless it's a new guy (or worse - a chick ) then it's like 5 more times back and forth - all the while traffic is backing up on the street in both directions. Man that's more annoying than waiting for a train.
            I work in a light industrial area. Same deal. The pros are quick, but the new drivers? Ugh. Terrible. And yeah, we can tell.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
              I work in a light industrial area. Same deal. The pros are quick, but the new drivers? Ugh. Terrible. And yeah, we can tell.
              In New Mexico earlier this year I was stuck at a train crossing for 40 minutes, with no way to turn around, I was blocked in. The train was across the road changing cars, so it was crawling one direction for 5 minutes, stopping for 5 minutes, going back the other direction for 10 minutes, stopping...etc. It sucked.

Also, I have to leave for Grand Forks at 2:30AM Friday, work until early afternoon, drive back to the Twin Cities and get back by 7:30 for a date...this could be a trainwreck.
              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                In New Mexico earlier this year I was stuck at a train crossing for 40 minutes, with no way to turn around, I was blocked in. The train was across the road changing cars, so it was crawling one direction for 5 minutes, stopping for 5 minutes, going back the other direction for 10 minutes, stopping...etc. It sucked.
                My desire to live on Park Point in Duluth took a massive hit when I was triple-bridged coming back from a soccer game. We had several 5-on-5 games going on the empty traffic lane while waiting that one out.

Comment

drive back to the Twin Cities and get back by 7:30 for a date...this could be a trainwreck.
                  The drive or the date?
                  Quinnipiac Bobcats
                  2023 National Champions
                  ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                  ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                  East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                  Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                  Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                  Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                    The drive or the date?
                    The day as a whole. I'm going to be ready to fall asleep by about 4pm. The date itself should be fine.
                    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Also, I have to leave for Grand Forks at 2:30AM Friday, work until early afternoon, drive back to the Twin Cities and get back by 7:30 for a date...this could be a trainwreck.
                      Fly. It a reimburrible expense, right? If you fall asleep on the return flight all the better.

Comment

Fly. It a reimburrible expense, right? If you fall asleep on the return flight all the better.
                        I don't believe there is a flight that will get us there by 8:00AM and my co-worker can't leave Thursday night because of family obligations.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I don't believe there is a flight that will get us there by 8:00AM and my co-worker can't leave Thursday night because of family obligations.
                          You fly, he drives, duh.

ETA: I have to go to Chicago next Friday for a meeting. My kid has his first hockey game of the season that night. I just set the flights so that I'll be able to get into MSP about 6:30 on the return giving me plenty of time to get to the Burnsville arena for the 8 PM game. It's all in the scheduling. (Of course now that I've said that Delta will cancel or delay the flight so I'll miss all or part of the game.)
                          Last edited by goldy_331; 10-27-2011, 01:20 PM.

Comment

You fly, he drives, duh.

ETA: I have to go to Chicago next Friday for a meeting. My kid has his first hockey game of the season that night. I just set the flights so that I'll be able to get into MSP about 6:30 on the return giving me plenty of time to get to the Burnsville arena for the 8 PM game. It's all in the scheduling. (Of course now that I've said that Delta will cancel or delay the flight so I'll miss all or part of the game.)
                            Well, we're supposed to be keeping an eye on travel expenses and saving whenever possible.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Well, we're supposed to be keeping an eye on travel expenses and saving whenever possible.
                              Couldn't you guys fly separate?
                              RITTIGERS FOR LIFE!!

Proud member of the Corner.

Support Hockey. Any Location, Any Time, Any Level, Any Gender. For some it's a game, for others a sport - for me, it's something more.

Comment

Originally posted by Tweedle Dee View Post
                                Couldn't you guys fly separate?
                                $600 flight x2 vs. $70 rental car x1

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X