X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: US National Teams: U30s & Mrs. Potter, U22s, U18s Part II

Originally posted by CanHockGuy View Post
    Fertilizer is useful.
    Even in quantities you produce? I s'pose if your reason for living is to leave your stink everywhere you go.
    Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brookyone View Post
      That's not true...like much of what you post where I'm concerned. It's also a complete falsehood to imply I ever made such a claim or believed that myself. Posting nothing but fertilizer...tough habit to break eh?
      But that's just it...you have to believe in yourself! C'mon Brokey...let your name stand. I see it as a natural fit. Great long thesaurus riddled disertations about the the WCHA, D1 and hockey in general ...who's in...who's out. Game analysis and breakdowns....oh it would be a beautiful thing! Maybe have your own forum so people could write in and tell you what they think of you, your stylings and the State of Hockey....Hey wait a minute...
      Last edited by 5 4 Fighting; 08-30-2011, 09:10 PM. Reason: spell chick

Comment

Originally posted by 5 4 Fighting View Post
        But that's just it...you have to believe in yourself! C'mon Brokey...let your name stand.
        What makes you think I don't? Because I admit I'm not an expert? Not required to simply believe in oneself. Not so quick on the uptake eh?

Originally posted by 5 4 Fighting View Post
        I see it as a natural fit. Great long thesaurus riddled disertations about the the WCHA, D1 and hockey in general ...who's in...who's out. Game analysis and breakdowns....oh it would be a beautiful thing! Maybe have your own forum so people could write in and tell you what they think of you and your stylings....Hey wait a minute...
        I thought reading my posts was a waste of time? Why would you have any concern if you've determined reading my posts is a waste of time? If you think I care about what anyone thinks of my "stylings", especially you and your shoeshine boy, you haven't been paying attention...or are really slow on that uptake. Or both.

Would you like me to use smaller words in future postings for your benefit?

Did you used to require that someone watch the "Dukes of Hazard" with you so they could explain those complicated plots to you?
        Minnesota Hockey

Comment

What makes you think I don't? Because I admit I'm not an expert? Not required to simply believe in oneself. Not so quick on the uptake eh?

I thought reading my posts was a waste of time? Why would you have any concern if you've determined reading my posts is a waste of time? If you think I care about what anyone thinks of my "stylings", especially you and your shoeshine boy, you haven't been paying attention...or are really slow on that uptake. Or both.

Would you like me to use smaller words in future postings for your benefit?

Did you used to require that someone watch the "Dukes of Hazard" with you so they could explain those complicated plots to you?
          Well looky here, now he's admitting to being a Dukes dude......... By the way, look back, your misunderstanding has you in hot water again. When will you ever learn. Any more silly comments? Go to the other thread.

Comment

Well looky here, now he's admitting to being a Dukes dude......... By the way, look back, your misunderstanding has you in hot water again. When will you ever learn. Any more silly comments? Go to the other thread.
            "Yaawwnnn!!!"
            Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Exactly…once again, another thread has been hijacked
              GOT ICE? PLAY HOCKEY

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world," Calvin.

“If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny.” Thomas Jefferson.

Comment

Originally posted by gotice View Post
                Exactly…once again, another thread has been hijacked
                Exactly? Who was it that hijacked the thread in your unbiased view?
                Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Have to admit, thinking that same thought seconds before I scrolled down to your post, Gotice!

Comment

Exactly? Who was it that hijacked the thread in your unbiased view?
                    I have come to the conclusion, that you are a bully and very self absorbed. You care little about staying on topic, you feel the need to attack all that disagree or wish to stay on the topic at hand. There is a reason we have the pi**ing thread…So go pontificate there please, unless you have something to discuss that is specifically about the games played in Finland.
                    GOT ICE? PLAY HOCKEY

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world," Calvin.

“If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny.” Thomas Jefferson.

Comment

I have come to the conclusion, that you are a bully and very self absorbed. You care little about staying on topic, you feel the need to attack all that disagree or wish to stay on the topic at hand. There is a reason we have the pi**ing thread…So go pontificate there please, unless you have something to discuss that is specifically about the games played in Finland.
                      Perfect! Thank you!!!

Comment

Knew it wouldn't be long before we heard this hackneyed, tired old statement.

Several 2010 US Olympians absent from this roster...with several US "up and comers" on the roster to gain international experience.

But clearly, those realities had a far greater impact on the performance of the CDN team and the affects of identical conditions for the US roster are negligible...even moot. Nuf said yet?
                        The above is my post in response to the following:

Originally posted by SeymoreHockey View Post
                        Check the CDN line up...notice any Olympians missing? Canada uses these little nothing tourneys to give the "up-and-comers" some experience. Nuf said.
                        If the 12 Nations Tournament and those game results are the topic, All appears on topic to me so far.

That was followed by:

Originally posted by sd2011 View Post
                        Yesterday: Canada 4 USA 3

In line-up for Team USA from 2010 Olympic Silver Medal Team:
                        G Schaus, Vetter
                        D Bellany, Chesson, Engstrom
                        F Chu, Duggan, Knight, J. Lamoureux, M. Lamoureux, Potter, Stack

Out of line-up for Team Canada from 2010 Olympic Gold Medal Team:
                        G Labonte, St-Pierre, Szabados
                        D MacLeod, Kellar, Sostorics
                        F Wickenheiser, Vaillancourt, Piper, Poulin, Johnston, Botterill, Kingsbury
                        Then I posted as quoted below.

Thought I could help you out with a few 2010 US Olympians that were absent. How's come they weren't mentioned?

Natalie Darwitz, Erika Lawler, Gisele Marvin, Brianne McLaughlin, Angela Ruggiero, Karen Thatcher, Kerry Weiland, Jinelle Zaugg-Siergiej, Caitlin Cahow.

I suppose naturally it's absolutely ludicrous to present these missing US Olympians as remotely equitable to those missing Canadian Olympians. Had those players been present it undoubtedly wouldn't have been anywhere near as close as 4-3.

I guess the premise is that Canada would clean house if they had their 2010 Olympic roster at the tournament, regardless of any changes / additions that could be made to the US roster selected for this IIHF 12 Nations get together? Was that the point?
                        Clearly there appears to be disagreement with myself directly involved in the difference of opinion but it still looks like it's on topic to me at this point. I had asked a question regarding a mysterious, and as yet, unspecified "point" to a post on the topic of tournament results. Still on topic in my view...not a popular question though I guess, since it was never addressed by the poster sd2011. Instead I get the following responses, the first in the entire exchange that aren't directly related to tournament games and results. in other words "off topic."
                        Originally posted by SeymoreHockey View Post
                        Yaawwnnn!!!
                        Couldn't have said it better myself. I guess the process of elimination doesn't work for this guy.
                        Posts which are then followed by numerous off topic attacks based on my questioning of conclusions I thought were debatable. The progression is right there and can be easily followed IMO. I'm afraid I won't accept the blame for turning the thread off topic since it wasn't me that did so. gotice, you're free to draw your own conclusions based on what you read in the forum. I've concluded some time ago you are not without an obvious bias. You can point the finger at me if you wish, not an unbiased conclusion based on any accurate assessment of exchanges would be my conclusion due to your characterization of me as an instigator. I'm sorry we've had a few semi volatile exchanges regarding our political beliefs. You probably feel I "bullied" you in those exchanges too. I don't think that is the case myself.

I'm required to state my disagreement with your comments quoted herein. My posts were specifically about the games being played in Finland and their results, as well as those questions I had for some conclusions regarding those results which I found debatable. Still on thread topic in my view, until the typical smart *****, off topic responses directed at me that I received after suggesting I did not agree with theories posted by a couple Canadian fans. I think the theory is that results between the US and Canada would be vastly different if conditions were more ideal for the Canadian team. That's why I posed the question asking for the point, to find out if I had it right or wrong.
                        Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Dear god. Someone pull the keyboard away from him.

Can someone catch me up to where the US Team is-- what the remaining schedule is? I've been away for a bit occupied by work and don't want to page through pages of rage to catch up since, indeed, the thread has been hijacked. Seems like the just played a good match against the Swedes recently. Now where are we?

Comment

Originally posted by skatefast View Post

Can someone catch me up to where the US Team is-- what the remaining schedule is? I've been away for a bit occupied by work and don't want to page through pages of rage to catch up since, indeed, the thread has been hijacked. Seems like the just played a good match against the Swedes recently. Now where are we?
                            U.S. is up 3 to 0 against Finland. You can follow the action on the Live Game Blog from the USA Hockey home page. According to the schedule, this is the last game in Finland.

Brookyone, 5 4 Fighting and CanHockGuy: It is OKAY not to have the last word in every discussion. Your silly bantering back and forth on these various forum topics is getting old. Please stop.

Comment

Originally posted by skatefast View Post

US beat Sweden and Canada lost to them. Keep in mind these are nothing more than scrimmages for the North American teams. Looks like a couple of other teams are improving, but it's hard to tell because of the circumstances. Canada had 53 shots in their loss and gave up 6 on 20 something shots. US shut them out. US playing Finland in their final game now.

Comment

Originally posted by DedicatedFan View Post
                                U.S. is up 3 to 0 against Finland. You can follow the action on the Live Game Blog from the USA Hockey home page. According to the schedule, this is the last game in Finland.

Brookyone, 5 4 Fighting and CanHockGuy: It is OKAY not to have the last word in every discussion. Your silly bantering back and forth on these various forum topics is getting old. Please stop.
                                If you really want to know how this thread got off the rails...check out post #46 then #50 instead of blaming everyone else...just sayin

Comment

Working...
                                X