Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: US National Teams: U30s & Mrs. Potter, U22s, U18s Part II

Originally posted by tristarscoop View Post
    Is it just me, or does anyone else read this to say that Duggan will only be playing with the Blades when they are visiting or Montreal?

http://m.salemnews.com/sports/articl....html?mode=jqm
    Yup, that's the way I read it too. Only games in Toronto and Montreal

Comment

Originally posted by Trillium View Post
      Yup, that's the way I read it too. Only games in Toronto and Montreal
      The good news is that she's recovering from wrist surgery and should be available for the national team at some point. Shame she's not better already, she might be able to sneak up to BU for the Blades game and get back down to Providence for Clarkson...

Comment

And Kelli Stack seems to confirm she's done: http://collegehockeyshowcases.com/ca...h-kelli-stack/

CHS: You played in a couple games for the Boston Blades last season. Can we expect to see you back in the CWHL this season?

KS: Chances are very slim that you will see me in a Boston Blades jersey this season. I recently bought a house and need to pay my mortgage, so I have to devote my time to a different career this year. However, never say never, maybe something will spark my playing interests again down the road.

Comment

Well that's interesting. And unfortunate.
          Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
          Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
          Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

brookyone and I were talking at Friday's Gopher game about how unfortunate it is that the USA seems to lose so many of our best players too soon, and how this has negatively affected our results against Canada. Kelli Stack appears to be the latest "early retiree" who would have made the US team better had she not decided to move on while still in her prime, at least age-wise. It seems that the Canadians have enjoyed an advantage when more of their most talented and experienced players have remained committed to their national team longer than many of the USA's best. Obviously any player who decides to delay retirement and continue to play for her country post college must totally commit herself to remain in top physical condition and continue to compete against top opposition. Unfortunately, it seems that too many of our best USA players are forced to give it up too early for economic reasons which, for whatever reason, does not appear to influence the top Canadian players' decision-making to the same extent.
            Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

What an inspiration to aspiring young players in California. Maybe some day one or more of their schools will start a D1 program.

Knight Practices With Anaheim Ducks
              http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=11665179
              Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                What an inspiration to aspiring young players in California. Maybe some day one or more of their schools will start a D1 program.

Knight Practices With Anaheim Ducks
                http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=11665179

http://www.usahockey.com/news_articl...rrer_id=752796
                Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Training camp roster for upcoming Four Nations, including some U18s.

Comment

Anyone know why Gigi Marvin has been replaced on the Four Nations Cup roster?
                    Give blood... Play Gopher Hockey!
                    Men's National Championships: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003
                    Women's National Championships: 2000, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyDave View Post
                      Anyone know why Gigi Marvin has been replaced on the Four Nations Cup roster?
                      yes

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Knight View Post
                        yes

Anyone willing to share why Gigi Marvin has been replaced on the Four Nations Cup roster?
                        Give blood... Play Gopher Hockey!
                        Men's National Championships: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003
                        Women's National Championships: 2000, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyDave View Post

Anyone willing to share why Gigi Marvin has been replaced on the Four Nations Cup roster?
                          FWIW, she was at the BC/Cornell game on Friday but didn't seem to be playing in the Blades game on Saturday.

Grant had a great exchange with her at that game:

GIGI (of BC): I haven't seen them play this year, they're good.
                          GRANT: Do they remind you of Minnesota in their heyday?
                          GIGI (without missing a beat): No.

Comment

Originally posted by wwhyte View Post
                            FWIW, she was at the BC/Cornell game on Friday but didn't seem to be playing in the Blades game on Saturday.

Grant had a great exchange with her at that game:

GIGI (of BC): I haven't seen them play this year, they're good.
                            GRANT: Do they remind you of Minnesota in their heyday?
                            GIGI (without missing a beat): No.
                            Midwestern elitism.
                            At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                              Midwestern elitism.
                              o
                              Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                              Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                              Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Must be prego.

Comment

Working...
                                X