Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Cell Phone Thread

Originally posted by Rimbaud View Post
    T-mobile's just switched up the way they do it. You can get a data/phone plan for like 50 bucks, and then they'll tack on an addition 20-25 a month or so for 2 years till the phone you buy is paid off, then it'll drop back down to 50. Or you can bring in a phone that works with their service and it'll start off at just 50 bucks a month.

Yeah, um, no. No. Not doing that willingly. F that noise.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      Yeah, um, no. No. Not doing that willingly. F that noise.
      You already are. Those "upgrade" fees were just hidden within the existing plans.
      http://www.forbes.com/sites/timworstall/2012/11/13/no-it-does-not-cost-11000th-of-a-penny-to-send-a-text-message/
      Basically, you're paying monthly for T-Mobile for their original wireless purchases or their renting of GSM coverage from AT&T. And, as pointed out, a lot of other overhead that has been silently bundled since Ma Bell was just getting started (like back when you had to rent the AT&T phone from AT&T while paying for the privilage of using AT&T's copper telephone system (we all recognize it better as how the cable companies operate cable boxes today)).

Obviously voice/text/data is cheap if the companies offered it up (Verizon, Sprint). They just found that people are just as willing to pay them for it, and happily rake in the profits.
      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Those in NYS: Texting while driving goes up to 5 points effective tomorrow. If you're not a resident of NY, ON, or PQ, the points don't matter. Amateur Radio: Still legal.

Comment

My upgrade came, so I stuck a finger in my throat and vomited up the Apple Kool-Aid. I am now a proud owner of an HTC One.

WHOA. DADDY. If going from a dumb phone to the iPhone was like going from a John Deere to an F-22, this is like showing up with the farking Death Star. This thing is genuinely terrifying to use. Unbelievably fast.

Stayed with Big Blue because it'd be cheapest, and I learned the local carrier I was looking at only offers EDGE coverage in the Lower 48. They had a deal - upgrade and buy a Beats Pill (Bluetooth speaker dock, looks like a 6-inch black Dr. Mario pill) and get $100 off. Yeah, Beats is criminally overrated, but it was a smokin' deal and I needed a speaker dock anyway, so eh. Works decent enough, okay sound for the size if you're a cube jockey.
          Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Argh - bricked my Galaxy S3 after flashing a ROM update that "supposedly" worked with the S3.

Could try to claim it on warranty with ATT but I'm shipping it to a company that will fix it for $60. Better than being stung with a bill ten times that if ATT finds out I rooted the phone.

I bought an ATT burner this morning, but the SIM cards are different sizes so I'm without phone for a few days. What will I do?????

Just enough tech knowledge to be truly dangerous.
            Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Getting an error when I go to pay for anything in the Google Play store.

"Authentication is required. You need to sign in to your Google account."

I'm already signed into my Google account. I've tried clearing the app cache, deleting/re-adding my Google account, and disabling/reinstalling the Play Store. Nothing is working.

Phone is amazeballs. Google can kiss my balls.
              Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

I believe HTC is currently the only Android phone to support Playstation Mobile as well. So game on Garth!

I've got that "transaction" error before. I usually log in through their web site via the mobile browser and it fixes.
                PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Never seen that problem before. I don't even remember entering my information into playstore....it just works.
                  Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I had to enter it in once when it was "Android Market" but never again. Even after it became "Google Play"
                    Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                    Originally posted by Quizmire
                    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                    I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

I'd feel sad if I couldn't play games on my phone. I certainly don't use it for phone calls!

Currently the most used apps on my phone are: MLB.TV, MLB Fulldeck 13, Simpsons: Tapped Out, Smurf's Village, DragonPlay Slots, Web Browser.

NHL Center Ice usage ended with the season, or it would be near the top also.
                      Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                      NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                        Currently the most used apps on my phone are: ... MLB Fulldeck 13
                        Right, because I needed more reasons to use my phone to waste time.

Thanks, JF.

Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
                          Right, because I needed more reasons to use my phone to waste time.

Thanks, JF.

If you use my friend code ( X37U42 ) as the person who recruited you, we both get a good card and some diamonds to spend.
                          Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

Werner Herzog's PSA documentary short on texting: From One Second to the Next

NMU Hockey Since 1976 ...there at the beginning.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

I'm due for an upgrade soon, and I've narrowed the choices down to the HTC One and the Samsung Galaxy S4....anyone have any experience with either?
                              Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                              Originally posted by Quizmire
                              mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                              MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                              MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                              I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                                I'm due for an upgrade soon, and I've narrowed the choices down to the HTC One and the Samsung Galaxy S4....anyone have any experience with either?
                                My brother and his business partner both had HTC phones when they first opened the business about two years ago. They both had numerous issues with their phones. They talked to Verizon, and were told that HTC had a lot of complaints. Things might have changed since then, but quality control plagued their lineup back then.
                                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Working...
                                X