The Cell Phone Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Cell Phone Thread

My contract is up, I have a Blackberry; is it worth the cash for the iPhone?
    AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
      If you want an iPhone 4S, there are multiple options. If you want iPhone 4, some of the wireless companies are offering the 8GB model for $99.

I just got the 4 about ten days ago, and I'm really impressed. I had a Motorola i1 Android before that, and I got tired of the OS crashing. That may have simply been my phone, but I've yet to hear anyone I know speak ill of the iPhone, so I made the change.
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
        You want to be cool, don't you?

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
          You want to be cool, don't you?
          That doesn't hold true. I have an iPhone.
          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

iPhones have problems just like any other phone. Simply do a Google search and you will get pages of them. It's all about what your tolerance level is and if you ever experience any of them.
            PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
            Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
            NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
              iPhones have problems just like any other phone. Simply do a Google search and you will get pages of them. It's all about what your tolerance level is and if you ever experience any of them.
              I'm sure that's true, and when buying it, I did recall something about the batteries from back in the day. It just seems to me like the fail rates are lower than other phones, and the consumer satisfaction rates are higher. Then again, most of the people who buy the phones are rabid fans that'll wait hours in line the day a new version is released, so they might be a bit more than reticent to air their grievances.

Comment

Getting a new phone soon.

Narrowed it down to the iPhone 4S or the Droid Incredible 2. Still having trouble deciding.
                Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                Originally posted by Quizmire
                mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                  Getting a new phone soon.

Narrowed it down to the iPhone 4S or the Droid Incredible 2. Still having trouble deciding.
                  Might consider Droid Bionic, its slightly better in the tech specs then the I2. Dual processors and more RAM, using the same version of the OS, and supports 4G if you ever decide to use it. Also only a$50 difference in price (going by base prices).
                  Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                  NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Did some homework, and I am skipping the Droid Razr for Verizon. The phone itself is great, but it comes with Android 2.3.5 OS. My phone now already has 2.3.3, so its a non-upgrade.

I will wait until a 4G phone comes out that has Android 4.0 on it. Although probably not the Samsung, as they feel cheap.
                    Droid Razr is due to get the upgrade to the new OS early next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
                      Droid Razr is due to get the upgrade to the new OS early next year.
                      I read that as well. If it actually gets the update in March I will either a) buy the phone for cheap or b) there will be a new phone I want that comes with the OS already.

Verizon doesn't handle upgrades very well. So I am pretty skeptical to start with.

My contract isn't up till Dec 2012, so I am not forced to make any quick decisions.
                      Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                        That doesn't hold true. I have an iPhone.
                        Well, yeah, it doesn't automatically make you cool, but you can't be cool without it! Well, maybe if you have the ipad you could still be cool.

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                          Well, yeah, it doesn't automatically make you cool, but you can't be cool without it! Well, maybe if you have the ipad you could still be cool.
                          I think you're confusing cool with being a hipster.
                          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Verizon doesn't handle upgrades very well. So I am pretty skeptical to start with.
                            Can you elaborate on this? What kind of upgrades are you talking about? I've upgraded my droid via the network, to a newer version, and it went down flawlessly. This wasn't upgrading to something completely new, though, it was just an update of the current software I already had.
                            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                              Can you elaborate on this? What kind of upgrades are you talking about? I've upgraded my droid via the network, to a newer version, and it went down flawlessly. This wasn't upgrading to something completely new, though, it was just an update of the current software I already had.
                              The upgrade itself isn't the issue. It's that they have always been slow in pushing out promised updates. So my skepticism is that the update from 2.3 to 4.0 will not happen in Q1 2012 as announced. Then by the time it actually does come out, Android may be to an even newer version (4.1?).

Why are they even releasing new phones on 2.3 when 4.0 is available?

Another cause for concern is the way the Bionic release was handled. Delayed forever and then when it did come out, no one knew about it. Doesn't inspire confidence in what the company says.
                              Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

The upgrade itself isn't the issue. It's that they have always been slow in pushing out promised updates. So my skepticism is that the update from 2.3 to 4.0 will not happen in Q1 2012 as announced. Then by the time it actually does come out, Android may be to an even newer version (4.1?).

Why are they even releasing new phones on 2.3 when 4.0 is available?

Another cause for concern is the way the Bionic release was handled. Delayed forever and then when it did come out, no one knew about it. Doesn't inspire confidence in what the company says.
                                Ah, ok. That makes sense.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X