Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Cell Phone Thread

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    I switched from an iPhone to the Galaxy Note 4 in November. Only gripe thus far is that I can no longer use it to play music through the Sync system in my car, which I'm told is because Droid OS doesn't support playing audio through USB output. I'm wondering if/hoping this will change with Lollipop, but I rather doubt it.
    I have played music though USB output before on a droid....I don't usually do it, because I just use bluetooth, but it should be possible.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
      I have played music though USB output before on a droid....I don't usually do it, because I just use bluetooth, but it should be possible.
      Ford Sync may not play nice with Android OS (Sync is a Microsoft product after all).
      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
        So, I got an iPhone 6 today. I went to the AT&T store instead of the Apple Store. They've moved my mom's number onto it. Before wiping it clean so I could give to her, the guy at the AT&T store said everything would disappear so if I wanted to, I should back up the 4 on my laptop, then restore it to my new 6. I did that. I had to individually do the apps. Only 104 pictures moved onto my 6, and these were ones I deleted off the phone a while back. I have close to 1000 pictures on the 4.

I back up my phone to my laptop, not the iCloud. Where are my photos? I feel like going right back to the AT&T store with my laptop and both phones and making the guy who sold me the phone fix this.
        I did go back to the AT & T store with my laptop. I guess it was some issue with the version of the 4's operating system and the version of iTunes I had to upgrade on my laptop not being compatible or something - they did not back up on my laptop. He did wind up transferring the photos from my old 4 to my new 6 using an AT&T transfer app. Took about a half hour or so. Then we backed them up on my laptop to make sure it worked. It did. So I wiped my 4 and gave it to my mother. Now I'm dealing with trying to teach her how to use it. Good times.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
          I switched from an iPhone to the Galaxy Note 4 in November. Only gripe thus far is that I can no longer use it to play music through the Sync system in my car, which I'm told is because Droid OS doesn't support playing audio through USB output. I'm wondering if/hoping this will change with Lollipop, but I rather doubt it.
          Actually, native support for usb audio is one of the new features in Lollipop.

Comment

Originally posted by haulin oats View Post
            The HTC one could possibly be the biggest piece of $#!+ to be put on thé market in the history of technology.
            Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
            Really? I've had it for two weeks, and I love it...
            I'm with NorthStar on this one. I got an HTC One M8 a couple months ago. The only knock I can put on it is the lack of built in wireless charging. I solved that with an external charging antenna that is now between my Otter Defender case and the phone.

If you haven't seen the light regarding wireless charging you need to.
            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
              I'm with NorthStar on this one. I got an HTC One M8 a couple months ago. The only knock I can put on it is the lack of built in wireless charging. I solved that with an external charging antenna that is now between my Otter Defender case and the phone.

If you haven't seen the light regarding wireless charging you need to.
              I'll add my vote for the M8. I've had no issues with it at all.

Do you have a link to the wireless charger you use? Sounds interesting, but all I find on Amazon are charging pads.

On another topic ----- I'm going to Spain next month and plan on taking my Galaxy S3 and purchasing a SIM card when I land in Madrid. Has anyone gone that with that while in Europe? I realize it will only give me a Spanish phone number, but from what I've seen online the text & data cost for two weeks will be less than getting ATT's travel plan.
              Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Originally posted by SteveP View Post

Do you have a link to the wireless charger you use? Sounds interesting, but all I find on Amazon are charging pads.

On another topic ----- I'm going to Spain next month and plan on taking my Galaxy S3 and purchasing a SIM card when I land in Madrid. Has anyone gone that with that while in Europe? I realize it will only give me a Spanish phone number, but from what I've seen online the text & data cost for two weeks will be less than getting ATT's travel plan.
                My son did that last summer, did it for his Iphone but I don't know all the details. He was in spain for a month and had no issues keeping in touch via phone, text or email. It was much cheaper than doing it the Verizon way
                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Not caring at all about cell phones, I tagged along with my wife yesterday to see if we had any updates.

I swear the look & feel of the Verizon store exactly matches the experience of buying a car. Same color balance of ads and doo-dads on the walls, same slightly superior / stressed out demeanor of the staff, same wait, same hushed excitement of the patrons as if they were actually getting something interesting.

I completely don't get it.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by SteveP View Post

We are renting a personal WiFi device while in Japan. Much cheaper than paying Verizon.
                    PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                    Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                    NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Another +1 for the HTC One (M8). I've had mine for 7+ months now and zero issues of note.

The interesting thing for me, is that I've noticed a very significant difference in battery drain when on 4g vs 3g/1x (VZW). These new phones must be hard coded to always search for 4g, even if there is a strong 3g signal. I thought it was an interesting development from my old phone.

Comment

Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
                        Actually, native support for usb audio is one of the new features in Lollipop.
                        Good - only issue now is when will Lollipop become available for the Note 4.

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        Not caring at all about cell phones, I tagged along with my wife yesterday to see if we had any updates.

I swear the look & feel of the Verizon store exactly matches the experience of buying a car. Same color balance of ads and doo-dads on the walls, same slightly superior / stressed out demeanor of the staff, same wait, same hushed excitement of the patrons as if they were actually getting something interesting.

I completely don't get it.
                        You should try visiting an Apple Store. Same deal, except the air of superiority will be more than slight.
                        Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 01-20-2015, 01:37 PM.

Comment

Well, I managed to win a Microsoft Surface 2 tablet out of a box of Frosted Flakes tonight... Anyone here running a Windows phone/tablet? This was something that wasn't even on my radar to be honest, but since it's free, why not run with it? What are your experiences with the Windows products that aren't a laptop/PC? Are apps fairly accessible?
                          It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Any OnePlus One owners in here?

My HTC One M7 is starting to show its age (it's been through so much heavy usage the screen is starting to warp) and I'm trying to decide between grabbing a OnePlus One or waiting for the HTC One M9.

One.
                            Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                              Any OnePlus One owners in here?

My HTC One M7 is starting to show its age (it's been through so much heavy usage the screen is starting to warp) and I'm trying to decide between grabbing a OnePlus One or waiting for the HTC One M9.

One.
                              I have a OnePlus One.

Comment

So this is interesting. My Fusion's Sync system suddenly recognized my Note 4 as a USB media device a few weeks ago, but would only play a handful of songs natively over USB (I suspect only the tracks that were pure .mp3, rather than .m4a and other formats). I was so surprised that I checked to see if I had been quietly upgraded to Lollipop, but my operating system is still KitKat 4.4.4.

I was in the process of "eliminating" Apple's silly DRM nonsense from my protected AAC files, while at the same time, converting all of my music files to MP3 for maximum compatibility. I am almost done, so by the end of the weekend, I am hoping to find out if the conversion will render me able to play all of my music via USB again, right now, without waiting for the Lollipop upgrade.

Comment

Working...
                                X