Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213

Thread: The Cell Phone Thread

TDS Index Case FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar

Re: The Cell Phone Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MissThundercat View Post
    Facebook has it too. I googled Air Force Marathon, and it popped up in my feed.
    They made us read Feed my freshman year at Tech. I hated the book and didn't like the author (who visited campus that fall to discuss it), but it seems like he was closer to the long-term truth that I'd care to admit.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

Generic Catchy Message

Sometimes I swear I just think something and it shows up in an ad.
    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

Go State! Beat Lake State
    6-9-1 (2-5-1-1, 7th B1G)

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    They made us read Feed my freshman year at Tech. I hated the book and didn't like the author (who visited campus that fall to discuss it), but it seems like he was closer to the long-term truth that I'd care to admit.
    I don't usually go anywhere near young adult books but I might give that a try.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

TDS Index Case FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    I don't usually go anywhere near young adult books but I might give that a try.
    I might re-read it now.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

Defacing this tagline is a MAX foul Twitch Boy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Krug#1 View Post
    I've heard in the past that you can be evesdropped on through your smartphone.
    Didn't believe it until...
    This week at work i needed to order two pillowblick bearings. Never looked them up on my phone, never made the order from my phone. Just talked about what I needed to my co-worker. My coworker was actually the one that ordered the parts.
    Today I was reading an article on MSN. In the middle of the article was an add for pillowblocks!!!
    What the hell?!?!?!?!
    Turn your TV to one of the Spanish channels, leave the volume up, and leave your phone next to it overnight.

In the morning all your Facebook ads will be in Spanish.
    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: Strike First, Strike Hard, No Mercy.

Quote Originally Posted by Twitch Boy View Post
    Turn your TV to one of the Spanish channels, leave the volume up, and leave your phone next to it overnight.

In the morning all your Facebook ads will be in Spanish.
    no me gusta esa idea

Minding the gap MinnesotaNorthStar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    It's not limited to cell phones. I've noticed when watching YouTube videos on my PC, if you go to Google something you're not familiar with that gets mentioned in the video, it's usually at the top of the search suggestions. Seems that Ajax scripting now has the power to 'hear' video, or at least knows the most searched terms based on the video you're watching.
    I was talking with a co-worker a month ago on Skype's instant messenger and she remarked how one of our newer hires looked like Jeffrey Dahmer. Naturally, I immediately went to do a Google image search...all I had to type was "Je" and it was the top suggestion.

Matt Frattin for Hobey!!
    Originally posted by Quizmire
    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
    I am a fan of MNS.

What is the consensus on One+ phones? I saw that the newest model scheduled to be released passed certifications needed to work on the Verizon Network.

I had a few co-workers rave over them when they first came out a few years back; I haven't heard much since then as they were a GSM only phone and Samsung and Google finally got their sh** together and made some stellar phones.

My S7 Edge is almost two years old. Was thinking I might need a replacement and was wondering if the new One+ coming out next month would be a step up from what I have now.

Thread Information