X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nescac 2011-2012

Originally posted by obserbear View Post
    http://athletics.bowdoin.edu/webcast
    I think there will be live stats, if not a webcast. The Polar Bear field hockey team plays a NCAA semi-final match at 11am in Massachusetts against Middlebury and it is possible the attentions of the athletic department may be focusing there.
    Thanks, we'll check it out...Go U Bears!

Comment

All rosters have been posted (http://www.collegehockeystats.net/1112/rosters/nescacw) except for our friends from Maine.

From Bowdoin's website, their "2011-12 Bowdoin Women's Ice Hockey Preseason Roster"

http://athletics.bowdoin.edu/sports/wice/2011-12/roster

From Colby:

http://www.colby.edu/athletics_cs/wo...content=roster

Comment

Just want to wish the coaches, players and parents all the best for the coming season.
        So many questions, and now it is finally time for some answers.
        I am starting slowly with a short drive up I-95 to take in Trinity@Conn College.
        GO U BEARS!!!

Comment

Wes 5, Ephs 3 (en)

Comment

I am thinking sweeps by Amherst, Middlebury, Williams and Conn College.
            The Polar Bears may have a harsh re-introduction into the realities of competition at the top tier of DIII at Watson on Saturday, and may be a tad distracted by the field hockey thing (with that team meeting Midd, again, in the DIII semi), so, despite high hopes for the coming season, I think the Cardinals come out on top.
            OMG!!! Kamel Kool-aide...Cardinal power...Panther OT...I am letting the scouts go!!!

Comment

OMG!!! Kamel Kool-aide...Cardinal power...Panther OT...I am letting the scouts go!!!
              Obserbear - What you might need to find is a goalie scout Panthers outshoot Mules 59 to 17 and eek out a win in OT (missing Bloom), Camels outshoot Trinity 41 to 18 with Pujol obviously pulling this one out for new head coach, and Williams outshoots Wesleyan 35 to 27.

I am sure there is alot of rust to shake off, as these players are seeing their first games in 8 months. Good luck to all of the teams today, and Go you Bears this afternoon!!

This just backs up what Coach Plumer stated in this weeks article by Derek Dunning (great article Derek), but what makes NESCAC so fun to watch is that all of the teams can win on any given night. They are obviously the toughest conference top to bottom.

Comment

http://athletics.bowdoin.edu/webcast
                I think there will be live stats, if not a webcast. The Polar Bear field hockey team plays a NCAA semi-final match at 11am in Massachusetts against Middlebury and it is possible the attentions of the athletic department may be focusing there.
                Looks like we have a webcast loading up for the Polar Bear/Cardinal game.

Comment

This weeks thoughts?

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Williams @ Plymouth State
                  Nichols @ Trinity
                  Colby @ Southern Maine

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Bowdoin @ Holy Cross
                  Elmira vs. Middlebury Cardinal/Panther
                  Amherst @ Plattsburgh Cardinal/Panther

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Massachusetts-Boston @ Colby
                  Holy Cross @ Wesleyan
                  Utica @ Williams
                  Elmira/Midd vs. Amherst Cardinal/Panther
                  Amherst/Platt vs. Middlebury Cardinal/Panther

Comment

Originally posted by Plugger View Post
                    They are obviously the toughest conference top to bottom.
                    Obviously
                    UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
                    NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
                    Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

11/22
                      Williams over Plymouth State
                      Trinity over Nichols
                      Colby over Southern Maine

11/26
                      Holy Cross over Bowdoin-I was a tad disappointed in the PB effort last Saturday
                      Middlebury over Elmira-NESCAC "homer" pick
                      Amherst over Plattsburgh-NESCAC "homer" pick

11/27
                      Colby over Mass-Boston-home ice
                      Holy Cross over Wesleyan-our Cardinals may surprise some people
                      Utica over Williams
                      Amherst over Middlebury-hard to say what I am basing this on (goal tending experience?) as Panthers-Lord Jeffs is pretty much a pick'em anytime they play these days (on second thought, I'll take whomever is getting the points)
                      Bonus Pick: Plattsburgh over Elmira-Cardinals looked strong up at Watson and they are tough at Stafford (something about the clock) and everyone should have Chuck a Puck!

Comment

Okay - so I am a new NESCAC parent and noticed that there are five teams mentioned in the USCHO DIII Poll: Middlebury (3) and Amherst (7) and then Trinity, Bowdoin and Conn College also received votes. Is it normal to see that many NESCAC teams mentioned in the DIII poll? It seems impressive to me given that the season just started...but since I am a newbie, I thought I would ask!

Comment

11/22
                          Trinity over Nichols
                          I'm with you so far!

Comment

Originally posted by hockeydad3 View Post
                            Okay - so I am a new NESCAC parent and noticed that there are five teams mentioned in the USCHO DIII Poll: Middlebury (3) and Amherst (7) and then Trinity, Bowdoin and Conn College also received votes. Is it normal to see that many NESCAC teams mentioned in the DIII poll? It seems impressive to me given that the season just started...but since I am a newbie, I thought I would ask!
                            Welcome new parent! The NESCAC teams do have a solid track record in women's hockey. IMHO this is due to the academic standing of the member schools. These schools rank among the best of the best in the country, and as a result they tend to attract high end students from all over the world. Quality hockey players that want a quality education tend to flock to these schools.

Comment

11/22
                              Trinity over Nichols

11/26
                              Holy Cross over Bowdoin-I was a tad disappointed in the PB effort last Saturday
                              Middlebury over Elmira-NESCAC "homer" pick
                              Amherst over Plattsburgh-NESCAC "homer" pick

11/27
                              Colby over Mass-Boston-home ice
                              Holy Cross over Wesleyan-our Cardinals may surprise some people
                              Utica over Williams
                              Amherst over Middlebury-hard to say what I am basing this on (goal tending experience?) as Panthers-Lord Jeffs is pretty much a pick'em anytime they play these days (on second thought, I'll take whomever is getting the points)
                              Bonus Pick: Plattsburgh over Elmira-Cardinals looked strong up at Watson and they are tough at Stafford (something about the clock) and everyone should have Chuck a Puck!
                              Hey Homer...you are slowly working your way off my Christmas card list!

Comment

Originally posted by hockeydad3 View Post
                                Middlebury and Amherst have combined to win five of the nine NCAA D-III National Championships with Middlebury winning three in a row and then Amherst winning two straight as well.

Bowdoin is on the upswing after they really fell off the wagon for three years after their coach (Michelle Amidon) left to go work with the USA Hockey. Trinity really rose to power with Isabel Iwachiw and Kim Weiss but now that those two have left along with coach Andrew McPhee it will be interesting to see how the Bantams rebound.

The NESCAC is certainly one of the most competitive conferences top to bottom and you've got to come to play every night, or you could end on the short end of the stick. It's not really that way in any of the other conferences.
                                The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                                "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                                GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                                GO LAKERS!!!
                                GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                                "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                                Oswego State '09

Comment

Working...
                                X