Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UAH Hockey 2011-12: Will Someone Break the Conference Logjam? Thanks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAH Hockey 2011-12: Will Someone Break the Conference Logjam? Thanks.

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
    I know that UAH will travel to LSSU. Not sure when though.
    Oh, what an awful bus trip!

I'll see if I can get Lou to give me hints about the schedule when he's home from Tampa.

GFM
    Geof F. Morris
    UAH BSE MAE 2002
    UAHHockey.com

Comment

From what I have seen, no BSU on the schedule for next year....
      Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
      FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
      NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
      NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
      NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
      NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
      Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
      Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
        From what I have seen, no BSU on the schedule for next year....
        Any links to that info?

Comment

It has been pretty public knowledge as to who is on BSU's Schedule next year, but the dates have not been officially released.

From my post over in the BSU Thread:

Nebraska-Omaha, UMD and Michigan Tech are our Podmates next year, home and home series with these three teams.

Lake Superior and Western Michigan will be at Bemidji for non-conference games. BSU will take part in the Dartmouth Tournament over Christmas/New Years Break with UMass and UNH there as well.

Other conference games have the Beavers at CC, Mankato, Wisconsin and North Dakota. Home with Anchorage, Denver, St. Cloud and Minnesota.
          Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
          FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
          NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
          NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
          NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
          NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
          Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
          Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

I spoke with a few people in Shelbie King Hall (administration) today, and apparently Dr. Altenkirch met with relevant interests from Atlantic Hockey down in Tampa. I heard a talk about how we were looking in both directions as a potential future home. I also got to meet Bob for the first time. I simply introduced myself as "Geof Morris, 2002". He's either heard of me or he hasn't. Either way, I'm fine.

GFM <-- infamous in his own mind.
            Geof F. Morris
            UAH BSE MAE 2002
            UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
              I spoke with a few people in Shelbie King Hall (administration) today, and apparently Dr. Altenkirch met with relevant interests from Atlantic Hockey down in Tampa.
              Too early for "We told you so"?
              RIT

Comment

Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post
                Nope. I would hope that me putting that out there was a good-faith gesture. I mean, I could have sat on that knowledge.

With that said, it's not too early for me to remind you that we've been turned down for a conference and had our program shut down for two months before y'all wonder why we have a dim view of things. It's easy to be hopeful about all these things, and I am. It's more important to be realistic. I have had my hockey heart stomped on twice now.

GFM
                Geof F. Morris
                UAH BSE MAE 2002
                UAHHockey.com

Comment

There is a big difference between "met with" and "was invited to join."
                  "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Yes, personally I think it is. I'm thinking/hoping that Dr A is doing his due dilligence and keeping communication open with all as it was his first opportunity to be in the same place with most of his peers in the DI world. And as davyd says, it's a big difference between "met with" and "come join us". It hasn't been released what was discussed, who approached who, etc., all factors in my mind that would go a long way towards shedding light on AH's view and UAH's chances there. I just hope it wasn't bad things on the nWCHA front that pushed the "met with" AH folks to happen. But word from the staff is that they left Tampa much more optimistic about the future than when they arrived, so still very cautiously optimistic a conference home is to be had, and I'd think the nWCHA more likely then the AH. But that just IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by fangers View Post
                      Yes, personally I think it is. I'm thinking/hoping that Dr A is doing his due dilligence and keeping communication open with all as it was his first opportunity to be in the same place with most of his peers in the DI world. And as davyd says, it's a big difference between "met with" and "come join us". It hasn't been released what was discussed, who approached who, etc., all factors in my mind that would go a long way towards shedding light on AH's view and UAH's chances there. I just hope it wasn't bad things on the nWCHA front that pushed the "met with" AH folks to happen. But word from the staff is that they left Tampa much more optimistic about the future than when they arrived, so still very cautiously optimistic a conference home is to be had, and I'd think the nWCHA more likely then the AH. But that just IMHO.
                      My understanding is that all parties on our side --- Altenkirch, Brophy, Luongo --- got time with everyone they'd hoped to see and more. Coach Luongo expressed public optimism in the letter I posted on uahhockey.com. He hasn't been one to blow smoke up people's skirts in this process, so I trust him to know where we are.

I will admit that I was surprised to hear of significant discussions with Atlantic Hockey. We've all seen that I am quite skeptical, but I am willing to be wrong. I certainly would prefer the WCHA --- if for no other reason than to restore the Bemidji State rivalry --- to Atlantic Hockey, but I'll welcome any conference home that ends our run as an independent. It's a hard life out here for a thug.

GFM
                      Geof F. Morris
                      UAH BSE MAE 2002
                      UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                        My understanding is that all parties on our side --- Altenkirch, Brophy, Luongo --- got time with everyone they'd hoped to see and more. Coach Luongo expressed public optimism in the letter I posted on uahhockey.com. He hasn't been one to blow smoke up people's skirts in this process, so I trust him to know where we are.

I will admit that I was surprised to hear of significant discussions with Atlantic Hockey. We've all seen that I am quite skeptical, but I am willing to be wrong. I certainly would prefer the WCHA --- if for no other reason than to restore the Bemidji State rivalry --- to Atlantic Hockey, but I'll welcome any conference home that ends our run as an independent. It's a hard life out here for a thug.

GFM
                        Consider it a renewal of the Niagara and Robert Morris (as well as Air Force) rivalries. Probably not as strong as Bemidji, but I'm sure you'd take any league by now.

Comment

• Originally posted by gfmorris View Post

GFM
                          Agree, I'm in the same place.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                            Consider it a renewal of the Niagara and Robert Morris (as well as Air Force) rivalries. Probably not as strong as Bemidji, but I'm sure you'd take any league by now.
                            Hey, if Schooley and I can chirp a little on Twitter, that's not all bad. Also, I've missed hearing the dog whistle against those purple guys.

GFM
                            Geof F. Morris
                            UAH BSE MAE 2002
                            UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by fangers View Post
                              Hell, if nothing more than to tack down some sort of a scheduling agreement to at least help keep UAH's dance cart filled is a good option right now. Huntsville can't afford to burn any bridges right now, and wining and dinning both AHA and the nWCHA seems to be a very wise tack for the UAH administration to be on.
                              bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
                                Hell, if nothing more than to tack down some sort of a scheduling agreement to at least help keep UAH's dance cart filled is a good option right now. Huntsville can't afford to burn any bridges right now, and wining and dinning both AHA and the nWCHA seems to be a very wise tack for the UAH administration to be on.
                                Yes, a scheduling agreement keeps the doors open and the lights on, but no postseason opportunity limits our recruiting chances. We love the guys we get, of course. Bemidji would be facing some of the same hard choices if the WCHA had just stayed with a scheduling agreement.

GFM
                                Geof F. Morris
                                UAH BSE MAE 2002
                                UAHHockey.com

Comment

Working...
                                X