Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UAH Hockey 2011-12: Will Someone Break the Conference Logjam? Thanks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAH Hockey 2011-12: Will Someone Break the Conference Logjam? Thanks.

Well...that was interesting: Minnesota-Duluth 2, UAH 1.
    http://www.collegehockeystats.net/11...s/malhmnd1.j20

Chargers simply refuse to quit -- even at the defending national champion and concensus No. 1.
    Michael Napier - UAH '97
    uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey
    U.S. National Club Champions - 1982, 1983, 1984
    NCAA Division II National Champions - 1996, 1998
    CHA Regular Season Champions - 2001, 2003
    CHA Tournament Champions - 2007, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by UAHStatman View Post
      Well...that was interesting: Minnesota-Duluth 2, UAH 1.
      http://www.collegehockeystats.net/11...s/malhmnd1.j20

Chargers simply refuse to quit -- even at the defending national champion and concensus No. 1.
      I said this in the other thread. My observation with UAH, they're are solid team in the sense they understand their roles and execute on the systems well. For the record they have, they don't make the glaring mistakes that I have seen "bad" teams make before. The difference between UMD and UAH seemed to be the experience and quality of the players. UAH's players made sound decisions, but being >75% underclassman they weren't at times able to keep up with the #1 team. Should the program continue, I hope this group of players can have the opportunity to play within a conference soon. I believe they can have success given a realistic chance.
      Originally posted by SCSU Euro
      What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
        I said this in the other thread. My observation with UAH, they're are solid team in the sense they understand their roles and execute on the systems well. For the record they have, they don't make the glaring mistakes that I have seen "bad" teams make before. The difference between UMD and UAH seemed to be the experience and quality of the players. UAH's players made sound decisions, but being >75% underclassman they weren't at times able to keep up with the #1 team. Should the program continue, I hope this group of players can have the opportunity to play within a conference soon. I believe they can have success given a realistic chance.
        Thanks for your assessment. They've always been hard working, but it's a young team and you can see them playing with more confidence in recent weeks. BTW, think they "flashed" you in the UAH sweater on the online broadcast.

Comment

IF I believed in moral victories, those would count. I used to believe in them, and Danton Cole cured me of that.

GFM
          Geof F. Morris
          UAH BSE MAE 2002
          UAHHockey.com

Comment

Maine this weekend. Lurking ...

GFM
            Geof F. Morris
            UAH BSE MAE 2002
            UAHHockey.com

Comment

I'm glad no one said anything about moral victories. I've worked very hard not to alienate our fan base on Facebook with all their ***-kiss bull**** about how it's good to come close. We blew a three-goal lead. I'd have felt so much better about that game if it had been a furious comeback than giving it away.

It's a learning lab, though. I bet they don't do that again.

Here's hoping we see the intensity of the first 40 minutes from last night transferred into tonight's game.

GFM
              Geof F. Morris
              UAH BSE MAE 2002
              UAHHockey.com

Comment

• At Miami for two...

Traveling with the team this weekend for two games at Miami, our final NCAA regular season games of the year. Only two exhibition games with Danton's U18 team at home to finish out the season. The wireless in this hotel is extremely weak so I don't know if I'll be able to upload any photos after the Friday game but I'll try... after I send our SID and Geof a couple for the game page. Go Boys in Blue!!!
                Doug
                UAH 1974
                Charger Hockey - Born 1979 ~ Killed 2012
                Executioner: Malcom Portera - Chancellor, University of Alabama System
                Reason: Hates all things not in Tuscaloosa (i.e. UAH & UAB)
                Revived: Two Months Later - Thanks Nathan et al... Save UAH Hockey
                Reborn: 1/17/2013 - Thanks Bob - Thanks WCHA!!!

Comment

Where you staying Doug, Middletown exit? I'll be there for the games with some family & friends.

Comment

With the team at the Country Hearth Inn in Franklin. I think is was Exit 32... don't remember the name of it.
                    Doug
                    UAH 1974

Comment

Well, so much for posting pics from the arena... they must be blocking FTP's as I can't get logged in to my website to upload any pics. Was going to post a pic from this morning's practice but that's out now. Geof, if you read this before game time, send me an email to my gmail.com address. I don't seem to have your address in my gmail address book. Same as my knology address but gmail. I'll send you the pic I was going to post and maybe you can put it up on USCHO.
                      Doug
                      UAH 1974

Comment

Final from Oxford, OH...
                        UAH 1 - Miami 3

Good first period, so-so second, fair third.
                        Hope for better tomorrow.

Bye bye from Oxford.
                        Doug
                        UAH 1974

Comment

Saturday night final from Oxford...
                          UAH 1 - Miami 4

Good first period: 0-0
                          Good second period: Chargers scored first but a 14 second lapse cost them 2 as it ended 2-1 Miami
                          Decent third period: Chargers were applying pressure but another lapse and the wheels came of as once again Miami scored two real quick ones to seal the deal at 4-1.

Back to Alabama now...
                          Doug
                          UAH 1974

Comment

Originally posted by Douglas View Post
                            Saturday night final from Oxford...
                            UAH 1 - Miami 4

Good first period: 0-0
                            Good second period: Chargers scored first but a 14 second lapse cost them 2 as it ended 2-1 Miami
                            Decent third period: Chargers were applying pressure but another lapse and the wheels came of as once again Miami scored two real quick ones to seal the deal at 4-1.

Back to Alabama now...
                            Pretty much summed it up. Chargers seemed to just try to keep their head above water after the two goals in the second as Miami kept firing away. Outside of the lapses, Saunders was pretty solid, I thought, with 44 saves.
                            Michael Napier - UAH '97
                            uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey
                            U.S. National Club Champions - 1982, 1983, 1984
                            NCAA Division II National Champions - 1996, 1998
                            CHA Regular Season Champions - 2001, 2003
                            CHA Tournament Champions - 2007, 2010

Comment

Unsure if anyone was watching NBC Sports (used to be Versus) Minnesota at Denver last friday night game, but behind the Minnesota bench a UAH jersey was seen several times, especially during the 2nd period behind Lucia.

Comment

Originally posted by COHockey View Post
                                Unsure if anyone was watching NBC Sports (used to be Versus) Minnesota at Denver last friday night game, but behind the Minnesota bench a UAH jersey was seen several times, especially during the 2nd period behind Lucia.
                                I saw it as well, during the 2nd period
                                Not a real doctor, nor do I play one on TV!
                                Clarkson 1990

Comment

Working...
                                X