Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UAH Hockey 2011-12: Will Someone Break the Conference Logjam? Thanks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAH Hockey 2011-12: Will Someone Break the Conference Logjam? Thanks.

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
    You think AHA teams would fly out to Air Force on a regular basis if they weren't in the conference? Of course not. Yet there they are, in the conference. I don't see any reason UAH would be any different.

Powers &8^]
    I'll explain it once again, real slow this time, maybe you'll see the flaw in your logic. You're assuming they are already in the conference and teams would fly because it's conference play. What I am saying is (and I think GFM too for the most part) - it will never to get to that point. The member schools, for the most part, have not stepped up come to UAH over all these years. Therefore it makes no sense to think they would now vote to allow UAH into the conference, reversing an obvious trend of not wanting to spend the money.

And oh yeah, AH already told them not interested when the CHA disbanded. Once again, why would they now be interested?
    Last edited by fangers; 04-05-2012, 12:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fangers View Post
      I'll explain it once again, real slow this time, maybe you'll see the flaw in your logic. You're assuming they are already in the conference and teams would fly because it's conference play. What I am saying is (and I think GFM too for the most part) - it will never to get to that point. The member schools, for the most part, have not stepped up come to UAH over all these years. Therefore it makes no sense to think they would now vote to allow UAH into the conference, reversing an obvious trend of not wanting to spend the money.

And oh yeah, AH already told them not interested when the CHA disbanded. Once again, why would they now be interested?
      Because we're going to be a team down when UCONN heads to HE.
      RIT

Comment

Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post
        Because we're going to be a team down when UCONN heads to HE.
        Well, sorry, but that and $3.00 will get you coffee in Huntsville.

If the CCHA, a far less cost containment league than AH, didn't accpet UAH when they had an opening - with costs being one of the primary reasons provided - then there is no way I pin any hope of AH suddenly thinking adding UAh as a good idea.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see it if nWCHA says no, but being realistic I don't see it. Ever.

Comment

Seeing the UAH Chargers logo on the ice and boards at the Frozen Four. Surreal.
          Michael Napier - UAH '97
          uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey
          U.S. National Club Champions - 1982, 1983, 1984
          NCAA Division II National Champions - 1996, 1998
          CHA Regular Season Champions - 2001, 2003
          CHA Tournament Champions - 2007, 2010

Comment

Well, sorry, but that and $3.00 will get you coffee in Huntsville.

If the CCHA, a far less cost containment league than AH, didn't accpet UAH when they had an opening - with costs being one of the primary reasons provided - then there is no way I pin any hope of AH suddenly thinking adding UAh as a good idea.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see it if nWCHA says no, but being realistic I don't see it. Ever.
            You guys are really down on yourselves. It's one part frustrating and one part sad.

I have no connections within AHA and I don't know if they would agree with me at all. However, we're about to be down a team in the conference and I'm sure they don't want an odd-team league for any period of time. The only other option out there is Navy..
            RIT

Comment

Because no one wants to be in a 13-team conference. How many times do I have to repeat myself?

Powers &8^]

Comment

Because no one wants to be in a 13-team conference. How many times do I have to repeat myself?

Powers &8^]
                And I'm telling you that will not be a factor in any decision. You as a fan might not like an odd number of teams, nor may the schedule makers, but the bottom line that is important to the real decision makers - the school presidents - will be the costs. How many times do I have to repeat myself?
                Last edited by fangers; 04-06-2012, 09:42 AM.

Comment

You guys are really down on yourselves. It's one part frustrating and one part sad.

I have no connections within AHA and I don't know if they would agree with me at all. However, we're about to be down a team in the conference and I'm sure they don't want an odd-team league for any period of time. The only other option out there is Navy..
                  I appreaciate that you would like to think that AH would accomondate UAH if it ever got to that point.

But stop insulting us, as you haven't the first clue about the frustration and sadness of this whole situation. Some of us simply don't have the luxury of buying into all the hype. Reality is that there are young men's hockey futures on the line here and decisions to be made, and speculation that is in direct contrast with previous history serves no purpose.

Comment

Powers &8^]
                    We understand that neither the WCHA or Atlantic wants an odd number of teams. But the CCHA, which decided to play with 11 for two seasons, has proved that leagues aren't going to bring in a team just to get to have an even number. The WCHA has also said that while getting to 10 is preferrable, they'll only accept UAH (or anyone else) under the right circumstances. We simply can't assume that Atlantic Hockey will be any different.

We can talk about leagues needing to have an even number of teams until we're blue in the face, but in those meetings between UAH and league officials, it's not going to matter. UAH has to do more than show it can take up a space to make it worth their while.

I'm sorry if this sounds frustrated and sad, but it's the reality. It's been frustrating and sad for UAH supporters for three years now.

We do have hope thanks Nathan Bowen and his team, and the support of our new president, Dr. Altenkirch. I think UAH is showing a commitment to the program. So I'm very cautiously optimistic the WCHA will let us in, but there's still work to do, and minds to sway. Hopefully Dr. Altenkirch, Dr. Brophy and Coach Luongo are swaying some minds in Tampa right now.

Thanks for trying to be encouraging. I, for one, will at least try to sound positive, even if we're all gonna die and stuff.
                    Michael Napier - UAH '97
                    uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey

Comment

It should also be noted that while round numbers are nice, one of the nWCHA and AHA will have an odd number unless someone magically starts a team in the next year and a half.
                      Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
                      B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
                      CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
                      ECAC:
                      HEA: UMass
                      NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
                      Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

Originally posted by moose97 View Post
                        It should also be noted that while round numbers are nice, one of the nWCHA and AHA will have an odd number unless someone magically starts a team in the next year and a half.
                        Or if a team folds

Comment

In less-contentious news, we have a 30-game schedule for 12-13, which is more than I'd figured or really hoped for: http://www.buzzfeed.com/noahdavis/on...-alabama-hocke

GFM
                          Geof F. Morris
                          UAH BSE MAE 2002
                          UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                            In less-contentious news, we have a 30-game schedule for 12-13, which is more than I'd figured or really hoped for: http://www.buzzfeed.com/noahdavis/on...-alabama-hocke

GFM
                            Any word on who's on the schedule?

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                              I know that UAH will travel to LSSU. Not sure when though.
                              LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                                Visiting Duluth again.
                                http://rinkandrun.areavoices.com/201...-13-sechedule/

I wonder if we have Penn State...
                                Michael Napier - UAH '97
                                uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X