This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2011 NHL Off-Season: The Puck Boat edition

Sharp 5 year extension with a 5.9M cap hit.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      I'll agree that they'll enter rebuilding mode when Lidstrom retires (Holland has hinted at it himself), but obsolescence? I doubt it, unless the Illitches sell the team within the next 5 years, or the old man has a senile moment and farks up his next GM hire whenever Holland decides he's calling it a career.

They'll likely have a period of years where the playoff appearances streak will probably end and they'll finish 5-10 instead of leading the division. If they move East, I might even argue that the 'fall' will be a bit softer. Beyond that depends on other factors, but I doubt they go the way of the Oilers and Pens and tank the team three straight years just to get a bunch of top picks. Mike Illitch has too much money and too much pride to pull that trick as long as he owns the team.
      Are his kids as interested in a) owning the team(s) and b) winning as he is?

Because to speak frankly, the odds of Mike Illitch himself owning the team in 5-10 years are probably not all that hot. Guy is 82 right now.
      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

I agree, he's getting up there. That's why I said, "as long as he owns the team".

Comment

Sharks sign Colin White to a one year $1 million contract.

This either means A) A d-man is going to be traded (Vlasic?) for a forward to finish filling out the lines or B) Braun is going to play 23 minutes a night in Worcester instead of splitting time as a 6/7 D-man this year.

As they currently stand

Vlasic-Burns
          Murray-Boyle
          White-Demers
          Vandermeer
          Last edited by bronconick; 08-03-2011, 01:33 PM.
          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Comment

Weber awarded $7.5 million in arbitration.

Good move there, Nashville. Highest cap hit of any D-man, 7th highest overall.

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post
              Weber awarded $7.5 million in arbitration.

Good move there, Nashville. Highest cap hit of any D-man, 7th highest overall.
              Doughty has a huge smile on his face.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                Doughty has a huge smile on his face.
                Bah, the Kings have nothing to worry about. It's not like Doughty is being represented by Don Meehan, who already led Evgeni Nabokov to ruin recently and once held him out into November over a RFA contract dispute with Dean Lombardi in a season that took the Sharks from game 7 of the 2nd round of the playoffs to a 73 point season with their captain traded and coach and Lombardi himself fired.

Oh. *snort* *snicker*

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Lombardi's probably drunk right now and letting voicemail pick up his calls.

Comment

In news that doesn't surprise me, Sean Avery was arrested last night for battery on a peace officer in LA. He had a party last night at his home and the police were called for a noise complaint after which Avery was reportedly placed under arrest and put in jail for the night.

Comment

Originally posted by collegehcky2 View Post
                    In news that doesn't surprise me, Sean Avery was arrested last night for battery on a peace officer in LA. He had a party last night at his home and the police were called for a noise complaint after which Avery was reportedly placed under arrest and put in jail for the night.
                    Did he have his sunglasses handy for the mug shot?

Comment

Originally posted by collegehcky2 View Post
                      In news that doesn't surprise me - Avery challenged all of the officers to a fight - then quickly turtled!

Felony stupid!
                      Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
                        In news that doesn't surprise me - Avery challenged all of the officers to a fight - then quickly turtled!
                        Well-played.

Anyone else see that Brodeur will kick it old-school his final year and play with a modernized waffleboard? There were some pics on HFBoards. I wish more goalies would do this from time-to-time.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          Well-played.
                          Avery's antics make me sad -- I went to high school with his father. Wish I knew what Al thinks of his kid these days.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
                            Avery's antics make me sad -- I went to high school with his father. Wish I knew what Al thinks of his kid these days.
                            Dating yourself a bit there?
                            The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                            "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                            GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                            GO LAKERS!!!
                            GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                            Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                              Dating yourself a bit there?
                              Yep -- there's more. Brad Park lived around the corner from us when I was in elementary school. One season when Don Simmons played for the Leafs he rented the house next door to my best friend. Great ball hockey games in the driveway.

Comment

Avery is too much of a headache. I've stuck up for his agitator status, but taking on cops is too much. He won't be missed in NY. The Blueshirts can get someone else.
                                Twitter: DanMountSports
                                2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Working...
                                X