X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2011 NHL Off-Season: The Puck Boat edition

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
    How else are they going to get a championship?
    Move to the moon.
    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
      And I also think that they take Harmon Killebrew's stats from when he played for the Sens as their own as well.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
      I've seen some vote from the Twins where you voted for the best pitcher in franchise history and Walter Johnson was on the list.
      This very well might be true, but it seems as though references to the Sens are fairly non-existent on the whole.

Comment

Cap violators from last season have been announced. Philly and Boston were the biggest offenders, and their salary cap for 2011-2012 have been reduced by $1,402,500 and $1,130,000, respectively. Other teams with announced overages from 2011-2012 include the Rangers, Wings, Blackhawks, Canucks, and Flames.

Comment

Sharks extend Burns: 5 years, 5.75 million cap hit.

Steal.
          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Today's other hockey news is the vote in Nassau County on a new building for the Islanders. Weirdest thing ever. Owner offers to pay for a new building and it gets shot down by politicians who want to own this building like they own the Coliseum, so here they are voting on taxpayer money instead.

Vote fails, it's very likely the Islanders become the first NHL team with (current, Fark you, Ottawa) Stanley Cups to move.
            "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post
              Today's other hockey news is the vote in Nassau County on a new building for the Islanders. Weirdest thing ever. Owner offers to pay for a new building and it gets shot down by politicians who want to own this building like they own the Coliseum, so here they are voting on taxpayer money instead.

Vote fails, it's very likely the Islanders become the first NHL team with (current, Fark you, Ottawa) Stanley Cups to move.
              They're expecting a less than 10% voter turnout, which bodes well for the islanders.

Comment

Versus will be renamed the NBC Sports Network in January.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?slug=txversus
                "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                  Really? Yikes... you'd think if an owner is looking to pitch in all the funds they'd be like "lets get all the paperwork in order by tomorrow Mr. Wang".
                  BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                  Skating Friar Jersey
                  AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                  UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                  Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Almington View Post
                    You can move a franchise, all the players, and still leave the history without creating a whole new franchise , no need to hold an expansion draft or make it any more complicated than it has to be.

The history is what it is and will remain so. Effectively the history of the original Jets or the Nordeques exists no more then as a chapter in a history book, the franchises that may have moved from those locations may technically have that history, but it isn't something that matters to those franchises anymore.
                    the only 'history' that kinda stayed behind was the clowns.. because let's face it, who the **** wants to be associated with cleveland other than cleveland
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                      Really? Yikes... you'd think if an owner is looking to pitch in all the funds they'd be like "lets get all the paperwork in order by tomorrow Mr. Wang".
                      There was some serious NIMBY by the Town of Hempstead, apparently. Another town objected to a train stop or some such peripheral detail. He wanted to buy the land around the arena and do a whole renovation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lighthouse_Project

about 20% of the vote in, No leads 59-41.
                      Last edited by bronconick; 08-01-2011, 09:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                        about 20% of the vote in, No leads 59-41.
                        Where are you getting the results?

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          Where are you getting the results?
                          http://www.nassaucountyny.gov/agencies/BOE/results.html

Refresh it until they show up.

25.26%, still 59-41. 4,600 vote difference. Not looking good. Hopefully the talk of something in Queens if this failed comes through so they're still in the city.

Comment

I wonder how much the whole LIRR being down for a few hours today had a role in the surprising "No" winning.

Comment

With 70.95% reporting, it's 57.32% No. Looks like this is pretty much wrapped up, so...

Comment

I've decided to embark on a little project. Starting Thursday I'm going to count down my favorite Bruins victories this season, one a day. The 62 wins will take me right up to October 6th, and the start of the new season.

I'm going through and ranking the games now. It's time consuming but incredibly fun to relive the season.
                                UNH Wildcat Hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X