X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2011 NHL Off-Season: The Puck Boat edition

Originally posted by Almington View Post
    The NFL does restrict cross ownership. The rule reads as follows...

Quote:
    "No person who owns a majority interest in, or has direct or indirect operating control of an NFL member club, may own or acquire any interest in a club in another major team sport (baseball, basketball, hockey), except for a club located in: a.) his/her NFL club's home city, or b.) a non-NFL city that is not a potential NFL city."

Paul Allen is allowed to own the Seattle Seahawks and Portland Trailblazers because the NFL has no team or desire to put a team in Portland.

Thus, the ONLY NFL team that Pegula can buy are the Bills.
    Twitter: DanMountSports
    2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Rangers sign Dubinsky to a 4-year, 16.8 million deal to avoid arbitration.

I wanted this deal around 3.5 million per and it should have been given Dubinsky's overall body of work, but I guess it could have been worse after the Leino and Laich's deals.

Certainly not happy with it, but full well knowing it could have been worse.

Callahan is all that is left to sign now..
      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
      GO LAKERS!!!
      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
      Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post

I wanted this deal around 3.5 million per and it should have been given Dubinsky's overall body of work, but I guess it could have been worse after the Leino and Laich's deals.

Callahan is all that is left to sign now..
        That's the signing we really need. They looked lost without him against the Caps.
        Twitter: DanMountSports
        2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Originally posted by MattS View Post
          Once again Sather overpays for a player. I just hope the 2010-11 version shows up next season and not the 2009-10 version.
          A 1.7 million cap hit for a guy who scored 21 goals (4th best on the team) isn't an overpayment IMO.

Comment

Exactly. A bit too much but considering some of the absurd contracts signed this summer, it could have been much worse.

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
            A 1.7 million cap hit for a guy who scored 21 goals (4th best on the team) isn't an overpayment IMO.
            Guess you missed the point. Yeah, it's cheap if the 21 goal player shows up next season and not the 4 goal player from 09-10. Personally I think the 21 goals was a fluke. This season, especially with him most likely getting less ice time, I see him netting more like 8-10 goals.
            Last edited by MattS; 07-21-2011, 03:08 PM.
            My Four Favorite teams:
            RIT and anyone who is beating Canisius
            Cornell and anyone who is beating Harvard

If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy. - James Madison

I am not afraid of terrorism, and I want the Government to stop being afraid on my behalf. I understand that it will not be possible to stop all terrorist acts. I am not afraid!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MattS View Post
              Guess you missed the point. Yeah, it's cheap if the 21 goal player shows up next season and not the 4 goal player from 09-10. Personally I think the 21 goals was a fluke. This season, especially with him most likely getting less ice time, I see him netting more like 8-10 goals.
              Exactly. It's great if Boyle from 2010-11 shows up...But I'm pretty certain he has no chance in hell of repeating that 21 goals again this season playing with the likes of Brian Boyle and Mike Rupp on the fourth line. I'd be estatic if he got 10-15.
              Last edited by PrezdeJohnson09; 07-21-2011, 03:18 PM.
              GO LAKERS!!!
              "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
              Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
                That's the signing we really need. They looked lost without him against the Caps.
                To a degree yes. But, I think Callahan was the bigger miss at the end of last year after he broke his ankle blocking the Chara shot in the win over Boston.
                GO LAKERS!!!
                Oswego State '09

Comment

More bad news for the Boogaard family.

The brother of former Minnesota Wild and New York Rangers player Derek Boogaard, who died from a drug overdose in May, has been arrested on suspicion of possessing illegal prescription pills on the same night.
                  Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

To a degree yes. But, I think Callahan was the bigger miss at the end of last year after he broke his ankle blocking the Chara shot in the win over Boston.
                    I think that's who he was talking about.

Comment

Heard a rumor that the new Jets colors will be White, black and steel blue. Source is one of the guys repainting MTS Centre.
                      tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Those are more of "jet" colors.
                        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                          Heard a rumor that the new Jets colors will be White, black and steel blue. Source is one of the guys repainting MTS Centre.
                          Blue steel?

Comment

Originally posted by collegehcky2 View Post
                            Blue steel?
                            *****http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_0te6xpwQSUI/S98zfby0EDI/AAAAAAAAAGE/B-Za6F7gPVw/s1600/bluesteel.jpg******

Comment

Darren dreger tweeted the new Jets logo would be released on the team website in less than an hour.
                              "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                              -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                              Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                              Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                              Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                              Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                                Darren dreger tweeted the new Jets logo would be released on the team website in less than an hour.
                                Jets website says at 4 p.m. Central.

Edit: it has been leaked: New Logo

Double edit: Press Release with Logos
                                Last edited by cF[Authentic]; 07-22-2011, 04:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X