X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2011 NHL Off-Season: The Puck Boat edition

Originally posted by MattS View Post
    Once again Sather overpays for a player. I just hope the 2010-11 version shows up next season and not the 2009-10 version.
    I think it's a bit much as well but I was happy it stayed under $2 million which, if the Rangers let it go to arbitation it would have been at that level or more.

If the Boyle from last year shows up, it's a solid signing.

I'm worried about Callahan and Dubinsky getting much more money than they have showed they are worth right now.

Neither one of them should be over $4 million based off what they have done so far, yet they both probably will be.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Comment

Just to add insult to insult to insult to injury, Thrasher fans are getting jerked around by their former ownership on getting refunds on their season tickets.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/28563549/detail.html
      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Wings press conference at noon tomorrow - reportedly to announce that Chris Osgood will be back for another season.

Now, watch him blow out his groin 10 games into the season and force us to use Joey MacDonald as our backup for the rest of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
          Wings press conference at noon tomorrow - reportedly to announce that Chris Osgood will be back for another season.

Now, watch him blow out his groin 10 games into the season and force us to use Joey MacDonald as our backup for the rest of the year.
          Really? Not to be a complete *** after the last two playoffs, but has someone told Holland about how insanity is doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting new results?
          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
            Really? Not to be a complete *** after the last two playoffs, but has someone told Holland about how insanity is doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting new results?
            False alarm

Welcome back to Detroit, Ty Conklin (probably).

Comment

Stamkos (finally) signed by the Yzerbolts. 5 years, 7.5 million per.

On to Drewmageddon in LA and the arbitration of God vs. the Devils.

Comment

Peter DeBoer replaces Coco in New Jersey.
                Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Conks gets 1 yr/750k

Comment

Sabres season tickets are doing well.

Sabres Season ticket sales

Clearly the fan base is excited under the new owners. The only question is How soon can Terry Pegula buy the Bills?
                    Twitter: DanMountSports
                    2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

• Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
                      Sabres season tickets are doing well.

Sabres Season ticket sales

Clearly the fan base is excited under the new owners. The only question is How soon can Terry Pegula buy the Bills?
                      Never. He needs to be fully invested in the Sabres so they can win a bunch of Stanley Cups.
                      Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                      Originally posted by Quizmire
                      mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                      MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                      MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                      I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
                        The only question is How soon can Terry Pegula buy the Bills?
                        I know you're half-joking, but I believe the NFL has rules prohibiting ownership of any other major pro sports team?

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          I know you're half-joking, but I believe the NFL has rules prohibiting ownership of any other major pro sports team?
                          Paul Allen owns the Portland Trailblazers. That's just off the top of my head.
                          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                            Paul Allen owns the Portland Trailblazers. That's just off the top of my head.
                            I looked it up, and it turns out that the rule only applies if the other team is in the same market. Allen's purchase of the Seahawks was permitted because Portland is outside Seattle's region. I brought it up because I remember a boozed-up pipe dream discussion of Mike Illitch buying the Lions, and someone saying that it wouldn't be allowed because he already owns the Wings and Tigers.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                              The NFL does restrict cross ownership. The rule reads as follows...

Quote:
                              "No person who owns a majority interest in, or has direct or indirect operating control of an NFL member club, may own or acquire any interest in a club in another major team sport (baseball, basketball, hockey), except for a club located in: a.) his/her NFL club's home city, or b.) a non-NFL city that is not a potential NFL city."

Paul Allen is allowed to own the Seattle Seahawks and Portland Trailblazers because the NFL has no team or desire to put a team in Portland.

Thus, the ONLY NFL team that Pegula can buy are the Bills.

Comment

Working...
                              X