This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by UNH GH View Post
    Lord Stanley is coming to Rochester and Kensington, NH this weekend. Doing everything I can to get work covered to get down to Kensington on Saturday night.

They said nobody can touch it Sunday in Rochester. I am hoping and praying that they'll let folks touch it Saturday night. Either way I'll get a picture with it, which will be sweet.

http://fosters.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...S_01/707089944
    I was 13 when I got my picture with the cup. I got as close as I could without touching it..you know, at that point I still believe someday I could win it.
    AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

• Re: 2011 NHL Off-Season: The Puck Boat edition

Originally posted by UNH GH View Post
      Lord Stanley is coming to Rochester and Kensington, NH this weekend. Doing everything I can to get work covered to get down to Kensington on Saturday night.

They said nobody can touch it Sunday in Rochester. I am hoping and praying that they'll let folks touch it Saturday night. Either way I'll get a picture with it, which will be sweet.

http://fosters.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...S_01/707089944
      Kensington? Why is it going to Kensington? There may be 3000 people that live in that town. I should know, I used to live there... Def. a shock to me to see that towns name anywhere regarding the Cup.
      Originally posted by Bakunin
      Learning the history and actually suffering through it are very different things. You simply can't appreciate a title as much if you don't suffer through a lot of failure beforehand. To put it another way, if MNS ever gets any, he'll appreciate the experience on a far deeper level than the rest of us did when it was our first time, simply because he's gone far longer and failed far more than we ever did.

Comment

Rangers get Sauer signed at 2 years 1.25M per. Good signing, he'll probably be due for a raise at the end of those 2 years.

Comment

Red Wings officially announce WMU's Blashill as a new assistant coach.

Also name Rockford Icehogs (Chicago Blackhawks affiliate) head coach Bill Peters to the assistant staff. Three year deals for each (per the RedWings Twitter).
          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

We have a trade.

Washington trades Eric Fehr to the Winnipeg Jets. In exchange the Capitals receive Danick Paquette and a 4th round pick in the 2012 amateur draft.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
              Red Wings officially announce WMU's Blashill as a new assistant coach.

Also name Rockford Icehogs (Chicago Blackhawks affiliate) head coach Bill Peters to the assistant staff. Three year deals for each (per the RedWings Twitter).
              Unfortunate for WMU, he did one hell of a job.
              AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

I saw fromer Lightning GM Brian Lawton at a kids' lacrosse game in Edina last night. I wonder if he's back working for Octagon as an agent, or what. I know they owned a ginromous, expensive home in Edina.

Comment

Ducks acquire Andrew Cogliano from the Oilers for a 2nd round pick in 2013.
                  Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Went to the Preds' "Skate of the Union" (groan) today/tonight. One interesting item that was discussed was realignment. In short, the team President explained that all teams are being asked to provide feedback and that nothing is set in stone at all. He also intimated that Nashville would like to move East.

The Preds' new home jersey was also officially unveiled, in a rather cool way. They had a banner on the "Batman" building, Nashville's most iconic skyscraper (stop snickering), which dropped to reveal a banner featuring the new jersey and the slogan "behold the gold".

All in all not a bad night; plenty to do for fans - locker room tours, used equipment sales, autograph sessions, interactive games for the kids, etc. Was impressed with the crowd given that it was 97.

Comment

Naturally, it'll be Detroit, Columbus or Nashville.

I like Nashville in terms of doing a straight swap between the central and southeast divisions.

I like Columbus for the geography and the ability to finally put the Ohio team against the Pennsylvania teams.

I like Detroit for sheer tradition... although that would stink to break them away from Chicago.

At the end of the day... I guess I'm pulling for Nashville to the SE, Winnipeg to the Central. It rocks the fewest boats.
                      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Oh, one other tidbit - they did mention that regardless of what occurs with realignment, they expect that each team will play every team in the league a minimum of twice a year. If you're fan of an Eastern Conference team stuck in a Western Conference city (or vice versa), that's tremendous news.

Comment

There's this moron on a Rangers board I read who thinks the Rangers could land Stamkos with a package built around Gaborik. Anyone want to help me explain how absurd that is?
                          Cornell University Men's Hockey
                          NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2024
                          Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024

Comment

• Originally posted by jmh View Post
                            There's this moron on a Rangers board I read who thinks the Rangers could land Stamkos with a package built around Gaborik. Anyone want to help me explain how absurd that is?
                            Have you read the proposals on offer sheets for Stamkos before as well? Crazy, crazy people.

Comment

Rangers resign Brian Boyle to a 3-year, $5.1 million deal to avoid arbitration.

1.7 cap hit.

Rangers now have $11.9 left for Callahan, Dubinksy, and one or two defenseman.
                              The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                              "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                              GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                              GO LAKERS!!!
                              GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                              "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                              Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                                Rangers resign Brian Boyle to a 3-year, $5.1 million deal to avoid arbitration.

1.7 cap hit.

Rangers now have $11.9 left for Callahan, Dubinksy, and one or two defenseman.
                                Once again Sather overpays for a player. I just hope the 2010-11 version shows up next season and not the 2009-10 version.
                                My Four Favorite teams:
                                RIT and anyone who is beating Canisius
                                Cornell and anyone who is beating Harvard

If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy. - James Madison

I am not afraid of terrorism, and I want the Government to stop being afraid on my behalf. I understand that it will not be possible to stop all terrorist acts. I am not afraid!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X