This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2011 NHL Off-Season: The Puck Boat edition

Since the draft, the Wings have supposedly been shopping Hudler like a $5 whore (ha, irony). Even Toronto hasn't taken the bait.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      Since the draft, the Wings have supposedly been shopping Hudler like a $5 whore (ha, irony). Even Toronto hasn't taken the bait.
      you have to convince Toronto that it was their idea
      BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
      Skating Friar Jersey
      AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
      UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
      Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

So is Buffalo the first team to be in cap trouble? They're just under the limit with no back-up goalie under contract (and only 20 player signed, total).

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
          Dear New York Rangers,

Free agency started at midnight. You can sign players if you want. Just a thought.

Dan
          Originally posted by aparch View Post
          Actually. It didn't start until Noon.
          And also they had already signed somebody (albeit only POS Mike Rupp), but it's not like any of us expect Mountie to have any idea what he's talking about anyway.
          Cornell University Men's Hockey
          NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2024
          Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024

Comment

Just read that the Wings signed Garnett Exelby. He can be okay. Was mostly a character type player for the Thrashers, and then bounced around Toronto and Chicago (in Rockford mostly for Chicago). I would assume that XLB goes to training camp, but finds himself in Grand Rapids at the start of the season.
            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

so the Leafs big acquisition is...Tim Connolly???

Also, just saw a report on TSN that Talbot's deal with the Flyers is a violation of the cap, but they won't be penalized. Paul Holmgren is so dumb, he signs a player to an illegal contract and the league won't even punish him.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                Also, just saw a report on TSN that Talbot's deal with the Flyers is a violation of the cap, but they won't be penalized. Paul Holmgren is so dumb, he signs a player to an illegal contract and the league won't even punish him.
                They need to learn to cheat more creatively, like the Rangers did with Richards. It's as simple as making a majority of the compensation in years 1 and 2 signing bonus instead of actual salary. That's how you get around it.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                  Be kind of hard to skate there...it *is* July...
                  Rollerblades dude, how the hell do you think they skate in Cali?

Comment

Yandle re-ups with the 'Yotes 5 years, $26.5 mil.
                    Kaberle to Carolina 3 years, $12.75 mil.
                    Methot re-signs with Columbus - a four-year contract.
                    Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
                      Yandle re-ups with the 'Yotes 5 years, $26.5 mil.
                      Well, that will put those trade rumors to an end

Comment

Clarke MacArthur signs for 2 years with Leafs after a breakout season in 10-11.

'Canes send Corvo to Boston for a 4th rounder in '12
                        Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Hmmm RT @helenenothelen: Dean Lombardi on re-signing Doughty: "I am getting the feeling on Drew that unfortunately this could take a while."
                          C'mon people, get Doughty out of LA!

(Hoping for 15-20 point win in Pacific instead of fighting until the last day of the season)
                          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Doughty must be looking at the Wiz and Ehrhoff deals and figures he's at least an $8 million defenseman in this market.

Comment

Rumors from the banks of the Red River: http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/wpg110704.html

Semin for Bogosian??

Semin has a cap hit of $6.7M for next season. Take away Poti's $2.9M and they should have room for Bogosian, Alzner and Brouwer.
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                                Doughty must be looking at the Wiz and Ehrhoff deals and figures he's at least an $8 million defenseman in this market.
                                That and Lombardi's a tightwad when it comes to signing RFA's. This might be the first one he's had where someone might actually offer sheet the guy. On top of it, the agent for Doughty is Nabby's agent, who held out on Lombardi for a month into the regular season back in '03.
                                "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X