X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2011 NHL Off-Season: The Puck Boat edition

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    alright.. only my first bantam game tonight and i am already sick and tired of all the bruins stanley cup crap.
    You've got a bantam too? And they're already playing?!?!?

We have grading on September 28, tryouts starting Oct. 1 and first real games will likely be Thanksgiving weekend tournaments (some scrimmages before that).

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
      You've got a bantam too? And they're already playing?!?!?

We have grading on September 28, tryouts starting Oct. 1 and first real games will likely be Thanksgiving weekend tournaments (some scrimmages before that).
      IIRC, all of New England wraps up the Bantam and Midget seasons by the end of November so the players can then go play for their HS or Prep teams.

CT has a rule if you play for any team but the HS during the HS season, you become ineligible for the season.

News from New York: Ryan Callahan named Rangers captain.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Other sports suck. Is it hockey season yet?
        Cornell University Men's Hockey
        NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
          IIRC, all of New England wraps up the Bantam and Midget seasons by the end of November so the players can then go play for their HS or Prep teams.

CT has a rule if you play for any team but the HS during the HS season, you become ineligible for the season.

News from New York: Ryan Callahan named Rangers captain.
          In MN it is either or. Bantams often do two tryouts, first for Bantams then high school. Some bantam A teams get reconfigured as they lose players to varsity and have to pull them from B1 teams.

Comment

Marc Savard will get his name on the Stanley Cup:

http://espn.go.com/boston/nhl/story/...n-horton-ready

Question. Does Tuukka get his name on the Cup? I would assume so but the way things read he needed to have played in 41 games. Does dressing as the backup count as "playing?"
            UNH Wildcat Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by UNH GH View Post
              Question. Does Tuukka get his name on the Cup? I would assume so but the way things read he needed to have played in 41 games. Does dressing as the backup count as "playing?"
              Yes. If you've dressed for the game, you're considered to have played in it, for these purposes. His name will be on the Cup.

Comment

The last surviving member of Lokomotiv didn't make it. They're all gone.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/s...ath/50364702/1
                If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Marc Savard will get his name on the Stanley Cup:
                  I don't see a problem with that. Denis Potvin is already on there four times so there's a strong precedent for allowing assho1es to have their names on the Cup just like everyone else.
                  Cornell University Men's Hockey
                  NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

Comment

Marc Savard will get his name on the Stanley Cup
                    And Colin Campbell will try to scratch it off as soon as he is within sight of it.
                    Twitter: DanMountSports
                    2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Originally posted by jmh View Post
                      I don't see a problem with that. Denis Potvin is already on there four times so there's a strong precedent for allowing assho1es to have their names on the Cup just like everyone else.
                      Wow, that's........unnecessary.

Comment

The Bruins unveiled a new design for the Stanley Cup Banners. I like them a lot, and I think displaying the logo as it was when they won the Cup was a great idea:

*****http://2.cdn.nhle.com/bruins/images/upload/gallery/2011/09/GardenStaff_2011_SB130_slide.jpg******

I just bought 2 Frozen Fenway tickets...spent $72.50 total. I'm in the Bleachers but I think I'd prefer that to the Right Field Box seats that were more expensive. Farther up, so I should have a better view of the ice.

And....I just found out that I am sitting in a very cool seat.

*****http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/0a/Williamsredseat-.jpg******

That's Bleacher 42 Row 37 Seat 21. The Lone Red Seat. Farthest Home Run ever at Fenway Park. Luck of the draw.
                        Last edited by UNH GH; 09-13-2011, 04:55 PM.
                        UNH Wildcat Hockey

Comment

This article hit really hard.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=375694
                          Twitter: DanMountSports
                          2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Marchand signs, 2 yrs/2.5 AAV

Comment

Tavares 6 yrs/5.5 AAV

Comment

Bogosian 2 yr/5mil. Prove your worth type of deal and pretty much what has been expected.

Comment

Working...
                                X