This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nice Planet 2011

We used to play king of the mountain on mounds of snow in elementary during recess. Until we got yelled at. Our solution?

We rolled giant (and I mean GIANT) snowballs that were well over 5' probably closer to 6' tall about 300-400 ft away from the playground. We would put three or four of these together and pack them in with more snow. These were taller than we were and it took a small army to push them even when we were in 5th and 6th grade. We resumed playing because the paras never ventured out into the snow that far.

I can't believe we played king of the mountain on these things. So dangerous and I'm surprised no one broke an arm but it was fantastic.

We also played smear the queer at recess with the football. Full tackle. That was fun.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      We used to play king of the mountain on mounds of snow in elementary during recess. Until we got yelled at. Our solution?

We rolled giant (and I mean GIANT) snowballs that were well over 5' probably closer to 6' tall about 300-400 ft away from the playground. We would put three or four of these together and pack them in with more snow. These were taller than we were and it took a small army to push them even when we were in 5th and 6th grade. We resumed playing because the paras never ventured out into the snow that far.

I can't believe we played king of the mountain on these things. So dangerous and I'm surprised no one broke an arm but it was fantastic.

We also played smear the queer at recess with the football. Full tackle. That was fun.
      Sounds like it. Half of my gradeschool lot was paved, the other half grass. The grass half was surrounded on three sides by flagstone terracing (which may have been as much as four feet high) with heavy shrubbery. Perfect, absolutely perfect, venue for king of the hill. Holding the high ground on those terraces, protected by the plantings, was wonderfull. My specialty was to come flying down off those terraces to smash into the kids below, sending them scattering. My arm and aim sucked, but I was really good at running over people. And never a peep from faculty and staff. Not even the obligatory "be careful." Nobody ever got hurt. And weenies who couldn't take a "Ralphie" shot in the face were excused. Looking back, the teachers were probably knocking back boiler makers in the lounge. Hard to imagine you and I and our friends would be permitted to take part in this "violence" today. After all, they've outlawed dodgeball, four square, bounce or fly and probably hop scotch, all in the name of safety and avoiding hurting the little feelings of kids who can't compete. "Let's not keep score in soccer games, so the kids down 12-0 won't realize it." Yup. That'll work.
      Last edited by Old Pio; 12-17-2011, 09:49 PM.
      2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Also did both of these (KotH and STQ). Although STQ was played on the blacktop parking lot. Sure, not the smartest thing, but oh well. And I went to a private school for K-8, which kind of destroys the whole "smarter school" stereotype.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

We NEVER played smear the queer, honest! Though we did manage to end my friend's promising running career by blowing out his ACL playing touch football. Yeah, touch football, mom - really!

If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Bradley Manning, the little punk traitor who provided Wikileaks with thousands of classified documents, says he suffers from "gender identity disorder," that he can't differentiate between his male and female identities. I don't see that as a problem. Convict 'em both. And put both in prison for the rest of their lives. Let 'em set up housekeeping for all I care. This is pure, unadulterated, legal B.S. As if being confused about your sexual identity "causes" anyone to commit treason on such a massive scale. Who was it who said: "Go peddle crazy somewhere else?"

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20111218/D9RMJI680.html

Comment

Just when you think you've heard of every evil, depraved thing one human being can do to another, along comes a guy to let you know you ain't seen nothin' yet. Time to review those anti-death penalty cliches again.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/b...o9soYHFYGn6M/1
              Last edited by Old Pio; 12-18-2011, 03:54 PM.

Comment

http://deadspin.com/5868584/how-a-se...ponents-glove/

Wish in one hand...
                Code:
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Nice. F*king. Planet.

http://www.kare11.com/news/article/9...ocal-food-bank
                  Code:

Comment

Indiana mall cops acting like the Gestapo. What in the world got in to these losers?

http://www.wndu.com/hometop/headline...ySection=story

Comment

Your tax dollars at work: TSA confiscates. . .a cupcake. And we're supposed to believe these clowns when they say they didn't strip search the old lady a few days ago? Right.

http://overheadbin.msnbc.msn.com/_ne...scates-cupcake

Comment

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/27/sc...orne.html?_r=2

****ing scientists.

“This research should not have been done,” said Richard H. Ebright, a chemistry professor and bioweapons expert at Rutgers University who has long opposed such research. He warned that germs that could be used as bioweapons had already been unintentionally released hundreds of times from labs in the United States and predicted that the same thing would happen with the new virus.

“It will inevitably escape, and within a decade,” he said.
                        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Just... wow.

Why?
                          Code:

Comment

Oh, Christ!

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/12/27...aw-police-say/

Comment

Eyeballs gouged out. . .over the remote.

http://triblocal.com/joliet/2012/01/...ver-tv-remote/

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                                Eyeballs gouged out. . .over the remote.

http://triblocal.com/joliet/2012/01/...ver-tv-remote/
                                An eye-for-an-eye punishment in this case would be so deliciously appropriate.

Comment

Working...
                                X