X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nice Planet 2011

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
    Feeling insulted because I called that clown a clown? Deal with it. He's a clown and an embarrassment to Minnesota and to any Minnesotan who voted for him. "I'm never standing up for the national anthem again." Now there's a patriot for you. I should have stuck to my intentions and stopped posting about Ventura. But you little girls, with your hurt feelings, insipid insults and pouting overcame my good intentions. I'm absolutely done now.
    I will say that you are combining his status now with his status as MN Gov. That's incorrect. As I've said before, as soon as he was out of office, he went off the deep end. Not a fan at that point (bolded/underlined/italicized portion of your statement). I voted for him, as a last minute decision over Coleman, who I was a big fan of. Tough decision in my political voting, I can assure you. Jesse's a crazy nutjob now, I have no argument, but he was not like this when he ran.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      I will say that you are combining his status now with his status as MN Gov. That's incorrect. As I've said before, as soon as he was out of office, he went off the deep end. Not a fan at that point (bolded/underlined/italicized portion of your statement). I voted for him, as a last minute decision over Coleman, who I was a big fan of. Tough decision in my political voting, I can assure you. Jesse's a crazy nutjob now, I have no argument, but he was not like this when he ran.
      Well, you got what you wanted. Right? We're just going to have to disagree on this one. I think he's always been a clown. Just a much bigger, better clown now. But no harm done. There will always be Minnesota.
      2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Well, you got what you wanted. Right? We're just going to have to disagree on this one. I think he's always been a clown. Just a much bigger, better clown now. But no harm done. There will always be Minnesota.
        He actually did some good things with MN. Car laws, mainly, saving the citizens tons of dollars. And he got people to look at politics in a different way, since both "traditional" parties hated that he won.

Semi-related: I never would vote for Perot as prez, but dammit, give him a financial cabinet. He can make sh* happen. That's what he is. Same with Warren Buffett, but I digress......
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

He actually did some good things with MN. Car laws, mainly, saving the citizens tons of dollars. And he got people to look at politics in a different way, since both "traditional" parties hated that he won.

Semi-related: I never would vote for Perot as prez, but dammit, give him a financial cabinet. He can make sh* happen. That's what he is. Same with Warren Buffett, but I digress......
          There was a time when Perot was the most respected man in Texas. He headed the commission (yes, there was a commission) that recommended what's called "no pass, no play," (meaning if a player didn't pass in this grading period, he didn't play in the next) which actually contemplated Texas high school football players attending class and passing tests. Pretty revolutionary. Texas has spring practice you know. And any rule that might keep one of those illiterate apes from competing for Odessa Permian or any one of hudreds of other "schools" was automatically "controversial." Only Perot could get that done. But somewhere he went badly off the tracks when it came to Bush I. Perot claimed Bush sent a team of CIA thugs to disrupt his daughter's wedding reception. What? He also claimed a team of paid Black Panther assassins came onto his property and that he shot one of them in the a*s. No blood. No evidence of any kind. No black guy with a bullet in his a*s in any emergency room in any Dallas hospital.

Truthfully, I seem to recall Ventura not being entirely awful as governor, although I was watching from afar (very afar). And in the abstract, you can make the case that shaking up the status quo from time to time may be a good idea.

Here's my one Warren Buffet story: for several days on our morning show we were kidding around that one of the guys wanted Warren to adopt him. Thursday or Friday of that week, Buffet showed up at the back door of the station around 7AM, with a tray full of pastries. And just spent an hour with us shooting the breeze.
          Last edited by Old Pio; 11-06-2011, 01:23 AM.

Comment

There was a time when Perot was the most respected man in Texas. He headed the commission (yes, there was a commission) that recommended what's called "no pass, no play," (meaning if a player didn't pass in this grading period, he didn't play in the next) which actually contemplated Texas high school football players attending class and passing tests. Pretty revolutionary. Texas has spring practice you know. And any rule that might keep one of those illiterate apes from competing for Odessa Permian or any one of hudreds of other "schools" was automatically "controversial." Only Perot could get that done. But somewhere he went badly off the tracks when it came to Bush I. Perot claimed Bush sent a team of CIA thugs to disrupt his daughter's wedding reception. What? He also claimed a team of paid Black Panther assassins came onto his property and that he shot one of them in the a*s. No blood. No evidence of any kind. No black guy with a bullet in his a*s in any emergency room in any Dallas hospital.

Truthfully, I seem to recall Ventura not being entirely awful as governor, although I was watching from afar (very afar). And in the abstract, you can make the case that shaking up the status quo from time to time may be a good idea.

Here's my one Warren Buffet story: for several days on our morning show we were kidding around that one of the guys wanted Warren to adopt him. Thursday or Friday of that week, Buffet showed up at the back door of the station around 7AM, with a tray full of pastries. And just spent an hour with us shooting the breeze.
            I'd only trust Perot with making money. That's it. That was my only point.

And yes, the Jesse thing was shaking up the status quo. It really sent a message (at the time) that a 3rd party COULD happen, given the right candidate. Many people at the time said he got nothing done. The smart ones knew that the Repubs/Dems actually teamed up against this "rebel against the status quo" and made him get "nothing done." It was a "basically, get him out as soon as we can, so we can get back to business as usual" sorta thing.

Comment

I'd only trust Perot with making money. That's it. That was my only point.

And yes, the Jesse thing was shaking up the status quo. It really sent a message (at the time) that a 3rd party COULD happen, given the right candidate. Many people at the time said he got nothing done. The smart ones knew that the Repubs/Dems actually teamed up against this "rebel against the status quo" and made him get "nothing done." It was a "basically, get him out as soon as we can, so we can get back to business as usual" sorta thing.
              I understood your point about Perot. I was just giving a typically windy annectodal resonse. Our two party system has its problems. A parliamentary system sometimes seems like it has to be better. But then, in the first two years of the current administration BO had "veto proof" majorities and there are differences of opinion on how that worked out.

Comment

I understood your point about Perot. I was just giving a typically windy annectodal resonse. Our two party system has its problems. A parliamentary system sometimes seems like it has to be better. But then, in the first two years of the current administration BO had "veto proof" majorities and there are differences of opinion on how that worked out.
                Just making the avg MN's status clear about Jesse. Nutjob now, notsobad then.

Comment

Just making the avg MN's status clear about Jesse. Nutjob now, notsobad then.
                  Deal.

Comment

Deal.
                    Cool.

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                      You aren't done, you never are.
                      We get it, you don't like him, he doesn't believe what you do so he must be a clown and a moron and so is everyone who voted for him.
                      Is it possible for you to not be an ***?
                      Yes.
                      This message is hidden because Old Pio is on your ignore list.
                      it works really well until someone decides to quote him thinking they are actually going to get a reasonable response.
                      Last edited by leswp1; 11-06-2011, 06:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                        \it works really well until someone decides to quote him thinking they are actually going to get a reasonable response.
                        No offense or anything, but was this last comment necessary? If you want to ignore him, fine. Do it. But then you go on and whine about him on your ignore list in an obvious attempt to draw a response. Completely unnecessary, especially when you just saw a completely reasonable exchange between Brent, Old Pio, and myself. Stop whining and ignore him if you don't like him. Cripes.
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Teenager beats/stabs his Chicago cop grandmother to death--because she called him out for playing hooky.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...,7064191.story

Comment

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...,5079572.story

Thugs. All of them. I hope they find this guy and feed him to the wolves.
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

No. Just....JFC. Stop. Please, stop.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/highschool/b...hschool-wp8428

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                                No. Just....JFC. Stop. Please, stop.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/highschool/b...hschool-wp8428
                                Really? This is quite the waste of taxpayer money.
                                Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                                Originally posted by Quizmire
                                mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                                MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                                MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                                I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Working...
                                X