This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nice Planet 2011

Minnesota's gift to Clown College, Jesse "the idiot" Ventura, threatening to leave the USA and head to Mexico. Can we help you pack?

http://news.yahoo.com/ventura-miffed...174718110.html
    2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

I liked Jesse. He wasn't the prototypical elected official, but the way the repubs and DFLers in the state would grind their teeth and act all snobby about him made his time here so satisfying.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        I liked Jesse. He wasn't the prototypical elected official, but the way the repubs and DFLers in the state would grind their teeth and act all snobby about him made his time here so satisfying.
        You're welcome to him. At least he didn't wear size 53 shoes and a big, red nose. I just hope he's serious about leaving the country. And he can take that prik Alec Baldwin with him. The truth of the matter is this probably is just a publicity stunt for the mouth breathers who watch that stupid show of his.
        Last edited by Old Pio; 11-05-2011, 01:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
          You're welcome to him. At least he didn't wear size 53 shoes and a big, red nose. I just hope he's serious about leaving the country. And he can take that prik Alec Baldwin with him. The truth of the matter is this probably is just a publicity stunt for the mouth breathers who watch that stupid show of his.
          You should have your own show. You and the rest of the inmates at the asylum would make for great TV.
          St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
            You should have your own show. You and the rest of the inmates at the asylum would make for great TV.
            It would be far more entertaining than having that moron finally "get to the bottom of" the JFK assassination. Here's a question for you: why are *******s so prone to making things personal? I didn't insult you. I insulted that clown governor of yours. And your response is to insult me, rather than rebut my assertion. Seems like you're conceding the point. He is a clown, and you know it.

Comment

He really wasn't that big of a clown when in office. After he left, however....straight off the deep end.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

He's definitely a clown now. Back in 1998, or whenever that was, he was at least a shred respectable.
                Code:
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

It would be far more entertaining than having that moron finally "get to the bottom of" the JFK assassination. Here's a question for you: why are *******s so prone to making things personal? I didn't insult you. I insulted that clown governor of yours. And your response is to insult me, rather than rebut my assertion. Seems like you're conceding the point. He is a clown, and you know it.
                  Because insulting you is way easier.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                    He really wasn't that big of a clown when in office. After he left, however....straight off the deep end.
                    So the people of the great state of Minnesota want to send the message that they're fed up with politics as usual (even Minnesota politics) and gridlock. Okay so far. And the best they can come up with is a guy who wore feather boas to work? There's no other "anti-establishment" figure available but him? Textbook example of why same day registration is a baaaaaaad idea.

Comment

Because insulting you is way easier.

And is a substitute for, you know, thinking. Evidently the 18 year old dropouts who elected Jesse are a bit sensitive. Tough. He's an idiot.

Comment

And is a substitute for, you know, thinking. Evidently the 18 year old dropouts who elected Jesse are a bit sensitive. Tough. He's an idiot.
                        Explain to me exactly what's so asinine about that story on Jesse. Other than the Mexico thing. That actually is pretty stupid.

Comment

So the people of the great state of Minnesota want to send the message that they're fed up with politics as usual (even Minnesota politics) and gridlock. Okay so far. And the best they can come up with is a guy who wore feather boas to work? There's no other "anti-establishment" figure available but him? Textbook example of why same day registration is a baaaaaaad idea.
                          He was far less of a clown than the handful of people he beat out. No offense, OP, but this is something where you had to live here to fully understand.
                          Code:

Comment

Explain to me exactly what's so asinine about that story on Jesse. Other than the Mexico thing. That actually is pretty stupid.
                            He apparantly filed his suit in the wrong court. Imagine, he wanted to be able to posture before a jury. He was told he had to file it in an appeals court, no jury, no posturing. Duh. Actually I've posted repeatedly about the "security theatre" at airports which turns little kids and grannies in wheelchairs into potential terrorists. So I'm sort of sympathetic to the larger point he was trying to make. But "I'm not gonna stand up for the national anthem" is a bit of an over reaction to a minor set back in court, don't you think? He's a publicity seeking whore/clown.

Let me ask, in the pantheon of great Minnesota politicians, does Ventura come in, just ahead of or behind Hubert Humphrey?
                            Last edited by Old Pio; 11-05-2011, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                              He was far less of a clown than the handful of people he beat out. No offense, OP, but this is something where you had to live here to fully understand.
                              If the price of living in Minnesota is to have that clown as governor, I'll pass, thank you very much. As I say, elect an "outsider" to send a message that politics as usual isn't going to work anymore is fine by me. Just don't send Pinky Lee to the governor's mansion. Look, I realize many of the (excessive number of) Minnesota posters are gonna rise to defend this guy. I get that. What I don't get is defending what he has become. A huge embarrassment for Minnesota. "What really happending in Dallas, stay tuned and I'll explain it to you."
                              "Why did the get well card I sent to my Aunt Tillie take three days to get there? Is the CIA monitoring my mail? Stay tuned and we'll investigate."

Comment

If the price of living in Minnesota is to have that clown as governor, I'll pass, thank you very much. As I say, elect an "outsider" to send a message that politics as usual isn't going to work anymore is fine by me. Just don't send Pinky Lee to the governor's mansion. Look, I realize many of the (excessive number of) Minnesota posters are gonna rise to defend this guy. I get that. What I don't get is defending what he has become. A huge embarrassment for Minnesota. "What really happending in Dallas, stay tuned and I'll explain it to you."
                                "Why did the get well card I sent to my Aunt Tillie take three days to get there? Is the CIA monitoring my mail? Stay tuned and we'll investigate."
                                We're not defending what he's become. We're defending what he WAS.
                                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                                X