X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 5 dollar gas...are we ready?

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
    Question on getting "different" gas at stations:

I can't remember if it was on Modern Marvels or some other TV show, but I seem to remember them talking about this as being a myth... For anything other than a true, national brand like BP or Shell, they would basically just sell the same, generic gasoline... Reason being that all the small companies shared the pipelines used to move refined gas across the country since no single company could pay for exclusive use... As a result, companies would use the same product... Example: Company A would put 10,000 gallons (simple numbers here) into the system in Louisiana on Monday... On Tuesday, they would pull 10,000 gallons out of the pipeline in Ohio... It would be impossible for the 10,000 gallons to have covered the distance in the pipeline, so the gas Company A pulled out was not the same they put in...

This is why I never really went to BP's that were a few cents higher around here... I didn't feel I was getting a lesser product, despite being from a regional chain... I understand that there can be individual problems at stations, such as water/condensation forming in an individual stations tanks... I just never really noticed a difference... I just went to whomever had the cheapest price... Am I missing something here? I just never got the whole station to station debate based on this logic...
    Throughput happens everywhere, Oil company A has a terminal in Oil Company Bs area, Oil company B doesn't have a terminal in that area. Oil Company A says yeah you can pull from my terminal if I can pull from your terminal in area I don't have supply. Happens all the time.
    Additive pkgs will be brand specific but if I don't have a terminal in that area guess what you aren't getting that additive. Also If I'm a Shell or whoever distributor and that terminal runs out and I can buy unbranded product, guess whats going into that tank..
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Maybe it's not all just going to beer. http://www.cnbc.com/id/102351843

Hey Fed, why force inflation when you can just use sticker shock at the pumps?

Comment

PA as of this year pays 0.70 cents in taxes on a gallon of gas. So really gas is only 1.70!
        PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
        Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
        NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
          PA as of this year pays 0.70 cents in taxes on a gallon of gas. So really gas is only 1.70!
          That include federal, or did you actually pass us?

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
            That include federal, or did you actually pass us?
            That includes fed I believe. According to api.org.

4-5 cents more than NY! :O
            PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
            Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
            NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

A couple of stations in my area have hit 1.999!

Comment

Just saw on TV $3.09 @ a BP in downtown Chicago.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  Depends where it's at. Generally, most of the City of Chicago is $0.40 to $0.50 higher than the Chicagoland region. Leave the City limits and it easily drops $0.20 to $0.30.

There is a Mobil station on the corner of Halsted St. and Division St. (just up the street from my field office) that is currently $3.49. They're usually $0.80 to $1.00 higher than the suburbs.

But $2.99/$3.09 has been where it has hovered for the last two months.
                  “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Refineries switching over to summer gas
                    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                      Depends where it's at. Generally, most of the City of Chicago is $0.40 to $0.50 higher than the Chicagoland region. Leave the City limits and it easily drops $0.20 to $0.30.

There is a Mobil station on the corner of Halsted St. and Division St. (just up the street from my field office) that is currently $3.49. They're usually $0.80 to $1.00 higher than the suburbs.

Does Speedway operate out there? They're infamous for spiking prices 30 cents at a time and everyone else follows them.
                      Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post

No idea, only that there was a humongous McDonalds across the street.
                        I was following on the internet the Funeral Mass and Procession of Cardinal George.
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Are we ready for $2 gas?
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

3.30 still

Comment

Originally posted by omahasioux1 View Post
                              3.30 still
                              2.49 this morning in Muskegon.
                              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                              Patreon for exclusive writing content
                              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Are we ready for $2 gas?
                                LOL.

I dunno, Bibi can still launch a war if Congress doesn't do his bidding.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X