Providence College Summer 2011: The Hockey Guy Adventures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Providence College Summer 2011: The Hockey Guy Adventures

I suggested to the AD that he include tickets to 1 or 2 hockey games in the basketball season ticket pack as a thank you and to let these folks know we exist, he claimed he liked the idea but you can see just how much !!!! Have 2 for 1 nights and kids are free nights anything to draw fans to the games. These giveaways can be the games that do not sell that well like Lowell or Amhurst but skip BC or BU etc.......time to promote the program and fill the seats if for no other reason than the players deserve a crowd to play to

Comment

He also had a brief stint as an assistant in the Old Town, Me. High School hockey program.

Comment

Originally posted by satyking View Post
        I suggested to the AD that he include tickets to 1 or 2 hockey games in the basketball season ticket pack as a thank you and to let these folks know we exist
        I'm pretty sure they used to do that for many years. Did they stop?

Comment

Happy Easter everyone!
          Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

PC had a bunch of ticket deals for hockey including giving free game tickets (extras) to season ticket holders, having local youth team nights for discounted tickets and so forth. Adult tickets are only $5.00 which is far below other HE teams.

Comment

Those free game tix were on the Hockey season tix package......we are already there what we need is other people to come so give the b-ball folks some free tix on their package and hope a few decide to come to more games as well as basketball......we know the price is right but if no one buys the tix then the price means nothing......we need some type of gimicks to start to fill the seats at least until the team turns itself around

Originally posted by BostonFriar View Post
              PC had a bunch of ticket deals for hockey including giving free game tickets (extras) to season ticket holders, having local youth team nights for discounted tickets and so forth. Adult tickets are only $5.00 which is far below other HE teams.

Comment

• Originally posted by satyking View Post
                Those free game tix were on the Hockey season tix package......we are already there what we need is other people to come so give the b-ball folks some free tix on their package and hope a few decide to come to more games as well as basketball......we know the price is right but if no one buys the tix then the price means nothing......we need some type of gimicks to start to fill the seats at least until the team turns itself around
                I believe they have given bbal folks hockey tix.

If the hockey team wins, people will come.

Happy Easter friends.

Comment

I believe they have given bbal folks hockey tix
                  They definitely have. I recall many times years ago where there would be a few more people in the stands and the reason was that it was free ticket night for the basketball people.

Comment

Anybody going to the press conference tomorrow??

Comment

Originally posted by chrisP View Post
                      Anybody going to the press conference tomorrow??
                      It is May 3. He will be down at the coach's convention this week.
                      Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Originally posted by cavbim View Post
                        It is May 3. He will be down at the coach's convention this week.
                        My bad, got my Tuesday's mixed up. Might he be looking to add to his staff, when he's down at the convention....

Comment

Has this practice stopped ? If yes then lets do it again

Originally posted by HockeyMan2000 View Post
                          They definitely have. I recall many times years ago where there would be a few more people in the stands and the reason was that it was free ticket night for the basketball people.

Comment

any idea on a second assistant?

Comment

Originally posted by RealHockeyDad View Post
                              any idea on a second assistant?
                              Cav. Not the one from BC but our favorite poster from PC. If they aren't going to hire my first choice for head coach then at least they can hire my other Cav as an assistant!!!

If he won't accept the position then I will step in. I too am a hockey guy!

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyMan2000 View Post
                                I'd say there's not much chance of that happening Freds. If you've seen the Projo lately it truly is more the "Providence Pamphlet" as Buddy Cianci likes to call it compared to what it used to be. They've cut staff to the point where even many/most of the game recaps for the Bruins and Celtics are AP stories now, so I don't think they have the manpower to do local game stories of anything except PC basketball and the like. I think we have to applaud Jim Donaldson at least for writing about the whole coaching situation over the last few seasons. It's good that one of their columnists is still paying attention, but beyond that, coverage will probably drop back to the occasional "hockey column" summary and that's it.

Thanks for the links to the Union stories...
                                For the record, I have offered to cover the combination of PC and Brown hockey for the Projo as a freelancer asking virtually no pay. I have done it more than once and repeatedly been turned down. They just do not care.

Comment

Working...
                                X