X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BU Recruiting Update, Part 3

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
    According to USHR, Darcy will make his decision next month between BU and BC.
    This will be interesting. Some one here said he grew up a BU fan. But I don't think BU has had too much luck lately going head-to-head with BC for local kids.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post

Of course, if Quebec Remparts draft him, they'll likely offer a full education package and college for his siblings, as Quebec did with Erne.
      Since when are all colleges and universities created equal? If Quebec gives him $, is to go to a school as respected as BU? Is $20K/yr in academic help to go to strip joints on St. Catherine's Street, the same as the ability to go to BU and get a degree (whether you do it in 4 yrs, or turn pro and do it over the summers or after your pro days are done)? I'm not saying all schools north of the border are a joke, but BU (and all respected US colleges) needs to be able to stress the educational aspect of the formula and the nuances between what a BU education can mean (particularly if a pro career doesn't materialize) vs the alternative.

All $ is not created equal and neither are all college degrees!

At the end of the day, if all kids/families care about is hockey, then MJ is probably the better avenue and to this end, it sounds like Erne decisively voted with his feet!

Or as Herb Brooks more eloquently put it "We're not looking for the best players, we're looking for the right players"
      Last edited by bothman; 08-25-2011, 02:15 PM.

Comment

If Darcy grew up a BU fan then why was he going to NU? Was he a late bloomer or something and BU wasn't interested the first time around?

Comment

That is pretty much spot on. Darcy tired of waiting for a BU offer and Cronin moved in. 18 months later, Darcy is a much improved prospect and back on the market. Both BC and BU were not ready to offer Darcy at that time. Now, they are his finalists.

Comment

Originally posted by PPGuru View Post
            That is pretty much spot on. Darcy tired of waiting for a BU offer and Cronin moved in. 18 months later, Darcy is a much improved prospect and back on the market. Both BC and BU were not ready to offer Darcy at that time. Now, they are his finalists.
            Well if he tired of waiting for BU, I'd say BC certainly has a shot here. Doesn't seem like a sure thing for BU despite him liking Jason Tapp growing up.

Comment

Originally posted by bothman View Post
              Since when are all colleges and universities created equal? If Quebec gives him $, is to go to a school as respected as BU? Is $20K/yr in academic help to go to strip joints on St. Catherine's Street, the same as the ability to go to BU and get a degree (whether you do it in 4 yrs, or turn pro and do it over the summers or after your pro days are done)? I'm not saying all schools north of the border are a joke, but BU (and all respected US colleges) needs to be able to stress the educational aspect of the formula and the nuances between what a BU education can mean (particularly if a pro career doesn't materialize) vs the alternative.

All $ is not created equal and neither are all college degrees!

At the end of the day, if all kids/families care about is hockey, then MJ is probably the better avenue and to this end, it sounds like Erne decisively voted with his feet!

Or as Herb Brooks more eloquently put it "We're not looking for the best players, we're looking for the right players"
              Probably the most important thing is that he knows he has a future in hockey and the educational component is probably less of a factor in the decision.
              Dog Lover: Terriers and Bulldogs
              Boston University '06/'08
              Yale University '13

Comment

it will be BU

Comment

Originally posted by Stories View Post
                  Probably the most important thing is that he knows he has a future in hockey and the educational component is probably less of a factor in the decision.
                  These kids THINK (not know) they have a future in hockey. Then they get their brains scrambled a few times or blow out their knee and their future in hockey is going to be serving donuts to members of the Canadiens in a Montreal Tim Horton's.

Maybe it works out, maybe it doesn't. They make money (some big) in juniors and that will last a while. Will it last forever? Probably not.
                  Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                  The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

If he's already decided on BU, why wait a month? Is this some BU conspiracy to say a recruit picked them over BC?

Comment

As reported on the BU off-season thread, St. John's Prep power forward Sam Kurker has committed for 2012 or 2013.
                      Details.
                      The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                        it will be BU
                        Hope you're right. I see BU losing a lot of players after this season so the 2012 class will be crucial in building future success.

Comment

I am

Comment

zemgus94: @cdarcy19 yea pretty sick kid. So BU or BC? Tough choice i can tell you that ha
                            cdarcy19: @zemgus94 ya he is .a rookie tho so tell me what happens haha..and no clue what I'm doing for college I don't even know who put that on USHR
                            On Jamie Oleksiak:

Originally posted by Hokydad
                            If he comes next year he will be eaten alive. Zero chance of success in Hockey East next year

Comment

FYI - From USHR:
                              Kevin Duane (6’4”, 215 lb) of the Brunswick School has committed to Boston University for the fall of ’13.

Comment

Details on Duane. BU's 2013 class now has five forwards and one defenseman.

According to the VipersDieHardFan Blog,2012 recruit Marc Hetnik, Jr., has impressed at the Vernon Vipers' training camp during intersquad games.

Just four minutes later some nice three-way passing between, Mike Zalewski, John Knisley and Marc Hetnik setup a highlite reel goal by Hetnik at 10:20 for his second of the night giving Team White a 7-4 lead.
                                Marc Hetnik "92" (2 goals) For the second straight night I was impressed with Hetnik. Last night he looked very good on the blueline, tonight he jumped up into the play more and looked very good on the offensive side of the game.
                                The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X