X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU Recruiting Update, Part 3

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    Come on HHound, Quinn has masterfully been able to balance all these guys by dishing out just the right amount of partials, etc. They will all make it to BU, don't worry!!!
    Partials! Oh, OK I thought Eichel required a double scholly. What will Quinn do if they all show up? Is it really possible for one coach to blend so much talent into a champion squad if his name isn't Jewwy?

Comment

Originally posted by HHound View Post
      Partials! Oh, OK I thought Eichel required a double scholly. What will Quinn do if they all show up? Is it really possible for one coach to blend so much talent into a champion squad if his name isn't Jewwy?
      Jerry could only dream of having that many guys lined up! I'm not worried though as he can always "steal" one if he has to

Comment

Originally posted by HHound View Post
        If I was an terrier alum, I probably would call someone who could explain to me how this recruiting strategy will be executed. Asking questions is generally a good idea if one wishes to learn something.
        I had some concerns which were alleviated by a conversation I had in February, I can't really share any details beyond that.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          Jerry could only dream of having that many guys lined up! I'm not worried though as he can always "steal" one if he has to
          As it turns out, BC had a pipeline of 22 recruits on the Heisenberg 2011 list, but several of them never made it to the Heights for one reason or another. With a number like that, you'd have to think the odds are that most, but not everyone on BU’s current list, will eventually arrive at Agganis. Obviously, not all of these names are full scholarship guys and there are some partials in the group.

Right now, it looks like BU will have 10 in the 2014 recruit class and another 7 (subject to change) for 2015. Four are currently targeted for 2016. Might someone be pushed back a year? Yes, it happens all the time; accelerations happen, too. Kids do change their minds, and, of course, until an LOI is signed, verbals remain tenuous.

Bottom line is the Quinn and Greeley have exceeded the expectations of most BU fans in the recruiting wars--even those who, a year ago, insisted that a more high-profile BU alum deserved the associate head coach nod.
          The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

That's all I've really maintained, that expecting every one of those kids to arrive at BU is simply unrealistic. The "stockpiling" aspect/argument doesn't bother me. And if BC ever has that many guys lined up, I will say the same thing. No chance all of them make it to BC.

Comment

Another big get for BU's 2016 recruit class, Edina center Kiefer Bellows, son of NHLer Brian Bellows.

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/coll...ton-university
              Listed at 5'11" 195 lbs., Bellows is a true power forward that is tremendously strong for a player his age, with the ability to score from anywhere on the ice with his above average shot. Bellows is also a good stickhandler and possess excellent instincts in the offensive zone.
              Helped Edina win the Minnesota state title, skating on the top line with Miguel Fidler, whose father, Mike Fidler, and uncle, Mark Fidler, was BU stars in the 70s. Joins Clayton Keller, Hank Crone, Johnny McDermott and Vas Kolias in BU's 2016 recruit class.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                Another big get for BU's 2016 recruit class, Edina center Kiefer Bellows, son of NHLer Brian Bellows.

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/coll...ton-university

Helped Edina win the Minnesota state title, skating on the top line with Miguel Fidler, whose father, Mike Fidler, and uncle, Mark Fidler, was BU stars in the 70s. Joins Clayton Keller, Hank Crone, Johnny McDermott and Vas Kolias in BU's 2016 recruit class.
                I'm surprised by this. I've known the kid since mites and he has always been fast tracked to the highest level he can play at the fastest rate he can advance. Thought his dad would get him in MJ or else a school like North Dakota where he wouldn't be troubled by difficult classes to detract from his game.

Maybe they saw how quickly Charlie Coyle fit into the Wild and think Kiefer can follow a similar path...

Comment

Or he'll just go MJ.

Comment

• Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post

Maybe they saw how quickly Charlie Coyle fit into the Wild and think Kiefer can follow a similar path...
                    I hate you

a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Alberni Valley Bulldogs news release on team MVP Connor LaCouvee's verbal to BU for 2014-15

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                        Vas Kolias in BU's 2016 recruit class.
                        If this kid gets cut by Quinn would you be able to say the BU roster was given a vasectomy?
                        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                          If this kid gets cut by Quinn would you be able to say the BU roster was given a vasectomy?
                          Click here and keep trying, Nick.

Comment

Yahoo! Sports Neate Sager's profile of Central Scouting Service's No. 63-ranked North American skater Brandon Hickey, who explains choice of college hockey and BU.
                            https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/jr...160220334.html

Comment

2016 recruits Hank Crone and Kieffer Bellows named to US U17 Select Team for Five Nation's tourney in Germany next month. Both played in the Select 16 development camp all-star game and scored for the winning team. U17 Select staff includes two ex-Terriers: Kenny Rausch is the team's general manager and Clark Donatelli is assistant coach.

Comment

Working...
                              X