This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU Recruiting Update, Part 3

So he played in the USNDTP for 2 years, but then went to the USHL? That's pretty rare, isn't it? Most guys get into D-1 right from Ann Arbor, right? Not saying it means he isn't USNDTP-caliber, but perhaps why you reference "Depth".
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
      Sounds like we will be playing the "Will Keller go Major Junior" game until he gets here.
      Honestly, I hate that game sooooo much, I almost like when we get players that aren't a threat to be desired by the CHL. I've been sour ever since Esposito's dad said he couldn't understand why the Remparts drafted his son, because he was going to BU. I mean this was AFTER the draft - no more trying to manipulate for the right position/team, it was done.

That said, I'm of course glad Eichel is BU-bound (to this point).

Comment

Globe this morning does report Eichel is still committed to BU. For now.
        Originally posted by reBlur
        the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
          Globe this morning does report Eichel is still committed to BU. For now.
          Couple of new tweets on the subject.
          @JeffCoxSBNation: I've been told that Jack Eichel has reaffirmed his commitment to the BU coaching staff as recently as last week.
          @MarkDivver: Saint John GM Darrell Young was in Mass. last week for Beantown, tried unsuccessfully to set up meeting with Eichel family.

Is Milano still committed to BC? Still strange that he first committed to Notre Dame yet later said he always wanted to go to BC. Perhaps a bit of Cam Askew in him?
          The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
            Is Milano still committed to BC? Still strange that he first committed to Notre Dame yet later said he always wanted to go to BC. Perhaps a bit of Cam Askew in him?
            Yes, family was in town last weekend as well according to an article

Comment

@JeffCoxSBNation: I've been told that Jack Eichel has reaffirmed his commitment to the BU coaching staff as recently as last week.
              @MarkDivver: Saint John GM Darrell Young was in Mass. last week for Beantown, tried unsuccessfully to set up meeting with Eichel family.
              That is welcome news!

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                That is welcome news!
                Eh, I'll believe it when I see him on the ice. Or meet his parents at the Parents Dinner at the start of the season.

Comment

For my expectations for next season, I'm still operating under the assumption Eichel will be here. However, I won't feel 100% comfortable with that assumption until I hear/read he signs his LOI.

Comment

Originally posted by Friend_of_BU_Hockey View Post
                    For my expectations for next season, I'm still operating under the assumption Eichel will be here. However, I won't feel 100% comfortable with that assumption until I hear/read he signs his LOI.
                    When he suits up I'll feel safe, these CHL teams couldn't care less about an LOI.
                    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                      When he suits up I'll feel safe, these CHL teams couldn't care less about an LOI.
                      The St. John's GM also said “I’m not going to hassle or harass them.” However, as Scott McLaughlin correctly points out, “but that’s exactly what they do.”

Around early November, expect the local St. John's newspaper to report on rumors (or maybe it's "whispers") of dissatisfaction and remind its readers that Charley Coyle left BU for the Q after the 2011 World Juniors.

Comment

Last edited by MAVFANJEFF; 03-17-2014, 10:35 PM.
                        UNLEASH THE FURY!!!!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLMMx3MRi0s

Comment

Originally posted by MAVFANJEFF View Post
                          All you guys have fun at the frozen faceoff. It's been a fun season. The visiting fans we had here were great.
                          We will!
                          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Eichel vs. McDavid comparisons will be with us for a while.
                            http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?...d=nhl:topheads

Three BU recruits on a few of Central Scouting's top ten lists for regions/leagues.
                            http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?id=27670

Comment

According to Boston Hockey Blog and other sources, BU has a verbal from 6-3 LW and Southie native Liam Coughlin, who recently decommitted from UMass. A year ago he was captain at Catholic Memorial (28-22-50) and a Globe and Herald All-Scholastic. Followed Noonan's path to Vernon/BCHL this season and after a slow start put up 18-27-45 in 53 games. Was first star on Sunday in Vernon's playoff semifinals win with 1-2-3.

Viper profile (before decommit)

Comment

BU today received a verbal from 5-8 playmaking center Henry Crone, top scorer for the Dallas Jr. Stars U16s (17-23-40). He attended the recent NTDP evaluation camp and has been tendered by USHL Omaha, where he'll likely play next year. Joins SSM's top scorer Clayton Keller (35-40-75) and Westminster power forward Johnny McDermott in the 2016 forward group.

At last fall’s Tier 1 Showcase, USHR ranked him the third best skater:

3. Hank Crone, F, 2/19/98 (#67/Dallas Stars) 5-8/160 -- A dynamic forward who demands your attention when he is on the ice -- he’s really fun to watch. Crone has exceptional skill and is able to create offense in all situations. Has sensational playmaking skills and creates time and space for himself with his stickhandling abilities and hockey sense. Materializes out of nowhere – with the puck. A strong candidate for the NTDP. D-I schools are lining up for his services. Had a hat trick Friday vs. the Chicago Fury.

BU’s pipeline, which now shows 19 recruit, includes the two most recent top scorers for the Dallas Stars U16s. Maxim Letunov (2015) was top scorer in 2012-13.

Comment

Working...
                                X