This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU Recruiting Update, Part 3

Wow. Not too many kids these days named Henry.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
      Wow. Not too many kids these days named Henry.
      He's from Texas, so legally, I believe he must be referred to as 'Hank'.
      Originally posted by dicaslover
      Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
      Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

I was thinking of the french pronunciation, like Kelly's boyfriend on Cheers…("OnRee")

Seems like a good pick up. I like the geographic diversity we are seeing with the new regime.
        BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

I've got a good friend who's baby boy is named Henry. It's a name on the comeback trail most likely.

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
            Seems like a good pick up. I like the geographic diversity we are seeing with the new regime.
            Beside the diversity (Texas, Minnesota, Illinois, California, Quebec, Alberta, Moscow, NY, Connecticut & Mass.), it's also the numbers and quality. Can't recall seeing 19 BU recruits on Chris Heisenberg's list at any one time before.

Keller has now accepted his NTDP invitation and welcomed Crone to Terrier nation.

Clayton Keller ™ ‏@ClaytonKeller19 Protected Tweets 1h
            Huge congrats to this guy on commiting to BU @hankcrone_ #teammates #beauty

Clayton Keller ™ ‏@ClaytonKeller19 Protected Tweets 53m
            Proud to announce that I will be playing for the US national team next year thankful for everybody that's got me to where I am today ����
            The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
              Can't recall seeing 19 BU recruits on Chris Heisenberg's list at any one time before.
              which is good because with that many, i highly doubt they all make it to BU. as mookie said, "over recruiting". that's the new approach these days, certainly not limited to BU. happens at BC too.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                which is good because with that many, i highly doubt they all make it to BU. as mookie said, "over recruiting". that's the new approach these days, certainly not limited to BU. happens at BC too.
                Don't count your recruits 'til they sign their LOI and actually show up on campus as matriculated students. When recruiting high-end talent, coaches absolutely must have a solid plan B to account for guys bolting to MJs and early departures to pros. Can no longer assume 4-year stays for many of these players; guys like Arnold and Hayes have become the exception instead of the norm.

Comment

Originally posted by Friend_of_BU_Hockey View Post
                  Don't count your recruits 'til they sign their LOI and actually show up on campus as matriculated students. When recruiting high-end talent, coaches absolutely must have a solid plan B to account for guys bolting to MJs and early departures to pros. Can no longer assume 4-year stays for many of these players; guys like Arnold and Hayes have become the exception instead of the norm.
                  Even Hayes would have been 3 year if not for ending his junior year injured and being unable to play in the AHL. 3 years out of guys like these is most definitely a win.

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
                    Even Hayes would have been 3 year if not for ending his junior year injured and being unable to play in the AHL. 3 years out of guys like these is most definitely a win.
                    Why wasn't he able to play in the AHL?
                    if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
                      Why wasn't he able to play in the AHL?
                      He had surgery on his thigh in March, he wasn't able to play period. So there was no point in signing him at that time.

Comment

Over The Boards ‏@OTBPuckWatch 1h
                        94 F Sean MacTavish (@SPcru) commits to BU, per @USHRhockey for 15. Of Brunswick/SSM, 3rd son of an NHL GM to commit to Comm Ave in 13-14.
                        Nice pickup for BU. One of the top uncommitted players in the AJHL. 72 points in 60 regular season games for Sherwood Park.

Mike McMahon ‏@MikeMcMahonCHN 26s
                        Sean MacTavish, son of Edmonton GM Craig MacTavish, committed to BU earlier tonight for 2015.
                        Last edited by QUAlum2004; 04-10-2014, 09:17 PM.
                        QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                        2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                        2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                        2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                        https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog
                        https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                        https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
                          Nice pickup for BU. One of the top uncommitted players in the AJHL. 72 points in 60 regular season games for Sherwood Park.
                          6'0", 180. Third in the AJHL in regular season scoring and December's player of the month. In 2011-12. combined with Kevin Duane to put up more than 100 points for The Brunswick School. A skilled right wing to join Greenway, Letunov, Carpenter and possibly Greer in the 2015 class.

Comment

Jack Eichel took over the @USNTDP twitter account an hour ago for a live chat and answered some questions regarding BU hockey. Seems genuinely excited to be coming here. Good sign.

Comment

Eichel talks about World U18s and what's next for him. He finished the season with 87 points (38G, 49G) fourth best single-season point total for NTDP program.

Comment

2015 goalie recruit Shane Starrett named to Pre-Draft Showcase all-tourney team. Led Team EPS to tournament championship game.
                                http://www.proamhockey.com/2014-pre-...ounced-p192158

Comment

Working...
                                X