Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2011-2012 Season Schedules

Originally posted by RPIcrank View Post
    Regarding RPI's 2011-12 schedule ... The front loaded out of conference schedule looks bizarre. Almost like RPI switches leagues after the start of the season. Also, there's no game listed vs. BU. Might it be added later? If no game, is this the aftermath of Parker's dissatisfaction with the game in Troy? Or BU losing too many to RPI? Or something else? Had BU won this year's game I'm guessing that BU would still be playing. Has anyone worked that out? How important was that game for PWR comparisons?
    Appert mentioned during a WaP podcast earlier in the season that BU was not going to be on the schedule next season due to scheduling conflicts. He said theres plans in the works to have BU back on the schedule for 2012-13.

Comment

Originally posted by Yager View Post
      Tech has UNO lined up for Winter Carnival.
      What is this Winter Carnival of which you speak and is it worth the drive??

Comment

Originally posted by RPIcrank View Post
        Regarding RPI's 2011-12 schedule ... The front loaded out of conference schedule looks bizarre. Almost like RPI switches leagues after the start of the season. Also, there's no game listed vs. BU. Might it be added later? If no game, is this the aftermath of Parker's dissatisfaction with the game in Troy? Or BU losing too many to RPI? Or something else? Had BU won this year's game I'm guessing that BU would still be playing. Has anyone worked that out? How important was that game for PWR comparisons?
        Assuming that the unscheduled Bentley and OOC Union games are real (and they do appear that way on the season ticket application http://www.rpiathletics.com/document...YOrderForm.pdf), there is no room for a game vs. BU. I have always liked seeing a variety of OOC games, so as long as the quality of the oppoents stays high, this doesn't bother me. Also with the Beanpot and the lengthy HEA season, BU doesn't have much room on their schedule. It wouldn't surprise me to see them back on the schedule in the fairly near future.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Anyone know who will be at the Dodge WhatTheHellWeKeepSchedulingNothingButCupcakesButTh eGophersStillLoseAnyways Classic this year?
          the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            Assuming that the unscheduled Bentley and OOC Union games are real (and they do appear that way on the season ticket application http://www.rpiathletics.com/document...YOrderForm.pdf), there is no room for a game vs. BU. I have always liked seeing a variety of OOC games, so as long as the quality of the oppoents stays high, this doesn't bother me. Also with the Beanpot and the lengthy HEA season, BU doesn't have much room on their schedule. It wouldn't surprise me to see them back on the schedule in the fairly near future.
            BU also has the game vs Cornell at MSG again next season.

Comment

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
              BU also has the game vs Cornell at MSG again next season.
              And a rumored game at Notre Dame. Also, is it official that BU is not going to the GLI?
              time to write new history

Comment

Originally posted by LincolnMav View Post
                What is this Winter Carnival of which you speak and is it worth the drive??
                If you do any road trip in your life, Houghton is one of the best you can do. Add to that the fact that it is Winter Carnival... yes, it is well worth the drive. However, if you don't have a hotel reserved already, it will be a tough thing to get. Winter Carnival starts Wednesday with the all nighter. Everything is centered around the snow statues, which are anywhere from feet high, to muliple stories high. It is quite a large event and is just an amazing expierence. You can try getting on a waiting list right now and I'd say you have a 15% chance of getting a hotel room. Almost every hotel requires a deposit of at least $50 one month before your Winter Carnival stay. So that is when all the spots will open up, but you need to be on the waiting list. See more about Winter Carnival here:

http://www.mtu.edu/carnival/

Comment

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
                  And a rumored game at Notre Dame. Also, is it official that BU is not going to the GLI?
                  They lost their spot last year, there would be no reason that BU would be playing in it. BC will.

Comment

Here's a link to UAA's schedule:
                    http://community.adn.com/node/156441#

Comment

BC is coming to the GLI next season with SCSU coming in 2012.

Comment

I know that Colgate has Miami over at Starr for 2 andstarts the season @ Maverick Stampede. It will probably include games against Niagara and at least 1 against a HEA opponent.
                        Hockeyenthusiast

Colgate Class of '03

-I saw Andy McDonald play at Starr Rink.

Comment

Isn't there an ECAC Composite Schedule out there somewhere?

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                            Isn't there an ECAC Composite Schedule out there somewhere?
                            Originally posted on eLynah: Google doc
                            Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
                              Originally posted on eLynah: Google doc
                              I don't know if it's just my computer, but the link is not working.
                              LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                                I don't know if it's just my computer, but the link is not working.
                                Hmm.... worked for me, but try this link instead.

Let me know if neither of them work.

And, for completeness sake, here is the original eLF thread where the document was found. The text document attached to the first post is the composite schedule.
                                Last edited by burgie12; 03-31-2011, 02:24 PM. Reason: eLF thread
                                Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Working...
                                X