Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#4 BC vs. #1 Wisconsin - NCAA Semis: BadgerBadgerBadgerBadger... MUSHROOM, MUSHROOM!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: #4 BC vs. #1 Wisconsin - NCAA Semis: BadgerBadgerBadgerBadger... MUSHROOM, MUSHR

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
    I really don't think the Wisconsin fans know what their team is in for. This is going to be a *joy*.
    For the rest of the week, Wisconsin's got other fans from around the WCHA. And I'll be the first one in line after the game to offer you my condolences and my support and encouragement for next season. Probably.

Comment

Re: #4 BC vs. #1 Wisconsin - NCAA Semis: BadgerBadgerBadgerBadger... MUSHROOM, MUSHR

Originally posted by BadgerFan11 View Post
      2 NAtional Championships (potential 3rd on the way) and an Olympic Silver later, would you agree with her decision?
      Personally, if I were an elite-level hockey player who could go anywhere, I'd want to go to Harvard. But to each his/her own.
      BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
      -
      Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

Originally posted by JosephPSchmoe View Post
        For the rest of the week, Wisconsin's got other fans from around the WCHA. And I'll be the first one in line after the game to offer you my condolences and my support and encouragement for next season. Probably.
        But we have Kelli Stack. And Mary Restuccia. Who will legitimately murder someone. And get a 2 minute minor for it.
        ...At life. And Goaltending. BC '11

Tried to draft Jerry York in the first round of fantasy hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerFan11 View Post
          She knew well enough to get out of Boston
          2 NAtional Championships (potential 3rd on the way) and an Olympic Silver later, would you agree with her decision?

Similar Story with Knight, Lawler, Emily Morris, etc
          Don't forget the Patty Kaz.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
          43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
          104-47-14 (.669) in that time
          3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Hey Wisco/ wcha fans.... Look up.
            113-162-27 .419

252-113-40 .672

Comment

For the rest of the week our Hockey East teams have extra added support as well. I'm hoping for three good, tough, and exciting hockey games this weekend.

But not the told you so discourse that will happen in spite of, or despite the outcome
              "A ROCK BAND IS NOT A PERFECT DEMOCRACY. IT'S LIKE A SPORTS TEAM. NO ONE CAN DO WITHOUT THE OTHER, BUT EVERYBODY DOESN'T GET TO TOUCH THE BALL ALL THE TIME." Don Henley

Comment

DC and I were talking with some friends last night about the BC-Minny game, and I don't think that Wisco will be caught not ready for BC....Minny looked like they were just making a stop in Boston before they had the chance to play the Badgers again, and it cost them....aside from their depth, Wisconsin won't take the Eagles lightly! Probably shadow Stack, and play a real up tempo game and aggresive forecheck to not only tire but force BC to be at their best.....as much as I respect Schaus, Wisconsin's depth might be the difference...

Comment

Originally posted by zoofer View Post
                  Wisconsin's depth might be the difference.
                  There was a telling moment at the end of the Wisconsin-Minnesota OT game in the WCHA final.

When the puck went in and the game was over, the Wisconsin bench expectedly emptied. Unexpected by me was the emergence of SIX additional players from the tunnel on the opposite side of the rink to join in the celebration. They were not eligible to dress for the game but they were in full uniform to join the celebration.

I know you can only dress 18 at a time and BC will do that. I am just saying that Wisconsin is deep, very deep.

I also want to chime in here someplace and I guess this is as good a place as any: To reach the last four you have to have a good team. There is a reason why you play the games instead of just mailing in the score. BC obviously has a good team and has had a good season. BC CAN win. I join the list of people here who are fans of WCHA teams who just don't think that they will.
                  Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Comment

Originally posted by ManBehindTheCurtain View Post
                    ...I know you can only dress 18 at a time and BC will do that. I am just saying that Wisconsin is deep, very deep.

I also want to chime in here someplace and I guess this is as good a place as any: To reach the last four you have to have a good team. There is a reason why you play the games instead of just mailing in the score. BC obviously has a good team and has had a good season. BC CAN win. I join the list of people here who are fans of WCHA teams who just don't think that they will.
                    Well put. Me too.

Comment

Originally posted by zoofer View Post
                      DC and I were talking with some friends last night about the BC-Minny game, and I don't think that Wisco will be caught not ready for BC....Minny looked like they were just making a stop in Boston before they had the chance to play the Badgers again, and it cost them....aside from their depth, Wisconsin won't take the Eagles lightly! Probably shadow Stack, and play a real up tempo game and aggresive forecheck to not only tire but force BC to be at their best.....as much as I respect Schaus, Wisconsin's depth might be the difference...
                      And the Badgers are coming off a very tough and close 2-1 game with the Bulldogs last weekend. As much as the NCAA screwed things up for the WCHA (wrong thread, I know), Wisconsin was probably helped by having tough competition right away.

Comment

And the Badgers are coming off a very tough and close 2-1 game with the Bulldogs last weekend. As much as the NCAA screwed things up for the WCHA (wrong thread, I know), Wisconsin was probably helped by having tough competition right away.
                        Only in that they won that game. Had they lost, the viewpoint would be the exact opposite...which was the basis for Johnson's strong concerns immediately after the pairings were announced.

Comment

... Wisconsin was probably helped by having tough competition right away.
                          And the BC counter to that would be that Wisconsin hasn't seen a team as good as the Eagles. If any of the three from the East -- BU, BC, Cornell -- are head and shoulders above UMD, MC, and UM, then the Badgers would theoretically be in trouble because all of the teams that they've seen this season are out. Of course, Cornell is in the same boat, because the best teams they've played were MC and DC. Maybe we are destined to see the NCAA championship matchup that everyone thought should have been the Beanpot championship game.

Or not.
                          "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                          And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                            Maybe we are destined to see the NCAA championship matchup that everyone thought should have been the Beanpot championship game.

Or not.
                            ARM wins the thread.
                            BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
                            -
                            Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

Interesting aside. Hear that NCAA flying both BU & BC to Erie together on same charter. Some interesting nuances on the two teams and their rivalry, but when the two play in the finals & have to fly home together is really going to get heated. Go BC!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingPig View Post
                                BC is coming in with all the late season momentum, but I have a feeling that it's about to hit a brick wall, a badger wall.
                                This is going to be an entertaining game.
                                Sounds like the arrogant UW fans prior to last year's Men's Final. How did that one work out? Go BC and BU
                                Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X