Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#4 BC vs. #1 Wisconsin - NCAA Semis: BadgerBadgerBadgerBadger... MUSHROOM, MUSHROOM!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: #4 BC vs. #1 Wisconsin - NCAA Semis: BadgerBadgerBadgerBadger... MUSHROOM, MUSHR

Anyone think Kinger deserves coach of the year? What she's done without Stack and Schaus has been remarkable:

http://www.bcinterruption.com/2012/3...r-coach-of-the
    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

• Re: #4 BC vs. #1 Wisconsin - NCAA Semis: BadgerBadgerBadgerBadger... MUSHROOM, MUSHR

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
      I could be wrong but I believe Poutine was out to start this season... not positive though.
      I was under the impression that she actually got injured in the 2nd UND game (in my mind , she was taken out by the Lams, but I am completely making that up!)

Comment

Anyone think Kinger deserves coach of the year?
        You could make a good case for her. The problem she may run into is that you could make a good case for at least four other teams doing better than expected, including two in her own league (RMU, SLU, NU, Maine). BC always seems to be a little under appreciated, given they have three wins and three one-goal losses in the NCAAs, yet we always think they are going t lose.
        "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
        And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by scrambledlegs View Post
          I was under the impression that she actually got injured in the 2nd UND game (in my mind , she was taken out by the Lams, but I am completely making that up!)
          HA! See, I'm not the only one who thinks they are hacks!

Comment

Originally posted by scrambledlegs View Post
            I'm sure it will be an urban legend in 10 years: "Then they ran over her with the zamboni while she was down on the ice, backed it up, and ran over her again!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
              I'm sure it will be an urban legend in 10 years: "Then they ran over her with the zamboni while she was down on the ice, backed it up, and ran over her again!!!"
              And I've got the photo to prove it!

*****http://i135.***********.com/albums/q124/cdnuniguy/Odds-Ends/zamboni.jpg******

Comment

And I've got the photo to prove it!
                I hadn't realized that series was played in Pittsburgh.

Comment

No. No, you aren't.

Comment

Are you talking about the Lams?

Comment

When I hear the term "hack" to describe a hockey player I think of someone without much skill who plays dirty or at least cheap in an effort to make up for their lack of skill. That would not accurately describe either of the Lams who obviously have all kinds of skill -they are each in the Top 5 nationally in scoring. They may be overly "aggressive" at times but I don't think the term "hack" is appropriate for either of them.
                      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by skatefast View Post
                        Are you talking about the Lams?
                        Yes.

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                        When I hear the term "hack" to describe a hockey player I think of someone without much skill who plays dirty or at least cheap in an effort to make up for their lack of skill. That would not accurately describe either of the Lams who obviously have all kinds of skill -they are each in the Top 5 nationally in scoring. They may be overly "aggressive" at times but I don't think the term "hack" is appropriate for either of them.
                        They're hacks.

Comment

Yes.

They're hacks.
                          I will join your club.

Comment

Feature on BC: http://www.uscho.com/2012/03/15/perh...-still-flying/
                            "So life's a *****. What do you want to do, cry about it? " - Kara "Starbuck" Thrace

"Wanna go get sugared up on mochas?" - Willow Rosenberg

Check my website. College hockey; it's what it's all about!

Comment

My definition of "hack" omits the part about being unskilled. A hack is someone who crosses the line in terms of physical play, though different people will draw that line in different places. It is play that is at least reckless, both in terms of taking dumb penalties and possibly hurting someone.

The Lamoureuxs are hacks. They were hacks when they were Gophers and they're still hacks at North Dakota.

Comment

Originally posted by Eeyore View Post
                                My definition of "hack" omits the part about being unskilled. A hack is someone who crosses the line in terms of physical play, though different people will draw that line in different places. It is play that is at least reckless, both in terms of taking dumb penalties and possibly hurting someone.

The Lamoureuxs are hacks. They were hacks when they were Gophers and they're still hacks at North Dakota.
                                I like this guy (gal?). (S)he knows what's up.

Comment

Working...
                                X