Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#4 BC vs. #1 Wisconsin - NCAA Semis: BadgerBadgerBadgerBadger... MUSHROOM, MUSHROOM!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: #4 BC vs. #1 Wisconsin - NCAA Semis: BadgerBadgerBadgerBadger... MUSHROOM, MUSHR

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
    This isn't Team USA but I am even more proud of this team than I was of last year's team
    According to the RPI BC should be playing St Anselm's. Wouldn't that be nice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Quiet Riot View Post
      According to the RPI BC should be playing St Anselm's. Wouldn't that be nice.
      Well, I think BC would be playing Robert Morris, because RMU would have put up a touchdown on St. A's if they matched up in the first round lol
      Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
      Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
      Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

• Re: #4 BC vs. #1 Wisconsin - NCAA Semis: BadgerBadgerBadgerBadger... MUSHROOM, MUSHR

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
        Well, I think BC would be playing Robert Morris, because RMU would have put up a touchdown on St. A's if they matched up in the first round lol
        What would the Westies have done had they had a matchup of WI vs MN in the quarter finals? 1 vs 5. they would have lost their minds.

That's what the "powers that be" did to BC last year...1 vs 5...Northeastern

Comment

Originally posted by Quiet Riot View Post
          What would the Westies have done had they had a matchup of WI vs MN in the quarter finals? 1 vs 5. they would have lost their minds.
          Minds? We're supposed to have minds?
          "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
          And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

If by 'Westies', you mean North Dakota making their annual quarterfinal jaunt to Minneapolis, every year since Moses wore short pants, except this year, you would be correct.

Comment

you're still whining about that?

I'm sure you would have liked a MN/WI matchup this year, like every year you want someone to beat the top western team for you

Comment

• Originally posted by pokechecker View Post
                I'm sure you would have liked a MN/WI matchup this year, like every year you want someone to beat the top western team for you
                I mean, I would ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
                Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by pokechecker View Post
                  you're still whining about that?

I'm sure you would have liked a mn/wi matchup this year, like every year you want someone to beat the top western team for you
                  it's not whining...it's a point that is true.
                  Bc grinned and bore it.
                  I just wish it would have happened this year so we could see the smike from the west

Comment

bc grinned
                    Indeed they did because Northeastern lost 4 times to bc during the regular season by an aggregate score 0f 22-6. The best they could do is come within 2 goals of bc in a game.
                    At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

I can't remember a single western fan that thought sending Northeastern to BC was a good idea.

Comment

I can't remember a single fan from anywhere who thought Northeastern was the No. 5 team last year; I guess Quiet Riot took a while to hatch that one.

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                          I can't remember a single fan from anywhere who thought Northeastern was the No. 5 team last year; I guess Quiet Riot took a while to hatch that one.
                          I totally agree but the pairwise is what the NCAA goes by and they were 5.

Does anyone west think MN was #5 this year?
                          Me neither but that's the number they use

Comment

oh ok nevermind

Comment

Originally posted by Eeyore View Post
                              I can't remember a single western fan that thought sending Northeastern to BC was a good idea.
                              Oh ok. Never mind then

Comment

I totally agree but the pairwise is what the NCAA goes by and they were 5.

Does anyone west think MN was #5 this year?
                                Me neither but that's the number they use
                                We all thought Northeastern was No. 6 last year -- Quinnipiac was a clear No. 5. The committee claimed Northeastern was No. 7, behind Princeton, which was a mystery to most. This year, the Gophers were No. 6; St. Lawrence was No. 5. By the RPI, that is true, so I don't have a problem with it.

Anyway, they only seed the top four, so they can play around with the bottom four as it suits them, and while as fans we don't like it, they haven't made us any promises. If they ever start playing tricks with who is No. 4 versus who is No. 5 just to save travel costs, then that would be a first and a lot of people will be unhappy (excepting, of course, the fans of the team that gets moved up to No. 4 ).

Comment

Working...
                                X