Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#4 BC vs. #1 Wisconsin - NCAA Semis: BadgerBadgerBadgerBadger... MUSHROOM, MUSHROOM!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: #4 BC vs. #1 Wisconsin - NCAA Semis: BadgerBadgerBadgerBadger... MUSHROOM, MUSHR

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
    Almost gametime, can't wait to leave work...
    You were at WORK?
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

• Re: #4 BC vs. #1 Wisconsin - NCAA Semis: BadgerBadgerBadgerBadger... MUSHROOM, MUSHR

Originally posted by D2D View Post
      You were at WORK?
      Yep
      Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
      Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
      Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Wisconsin isn't even a real state anyway

Comment

Wisconsin leads 2-1 after one. I will be flipping the women's front page after every period.
          "So life's a *****. What do you want to do, cry about it? " - Kara "Starbuck" Thrace

"Wanna go get sugared up on mochas?" - Willow Rosenberg

Check my website. College hockey; it's what it's all about!

Comment

Yep
            You might as well have stayed at work and spared yourself the pain of gouging your own eyes out as the Badgers own BC. Oh yeah!

6-2
            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
              You might as well have stayed at work and spared yourself the pain of gouging your own eyes out as the Badgers own BC. Oh yeah!

6-2
              I'm sure he was apprised of BC plan to give Wisconsin the game to loll them into a false sense of security should they meet again next year in the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

6-2
                Originally posted by mattj711 View Post
                I'm sure he was apprised of BC plan to give Wisconsin the game to loll them into a false sense of security should they meet again next year in the playoffs.
                Hey, at least it wasn't the kick in the junk from last year. We lost to a better team who played a pretty complete game. Hats off. Good luck Sunday but go [Gophers/Big Red]

Comment

We lost to a better team who played a pretty complete game.
                  Much respect to you, Grant, for being gracious in defeat. But look at the bright side: at least you didn't lose to B.U.
                  Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                    But look at the bright side: at least you didn't lose to B.U.
                    All is right in the world

Comment

Having trouble finding a box score... can anyone hook me up?

Comment

Having trouble finding a box score... can anyone hook me up?
                        This is the best I can find.

http://www.uwbadgers.com/gametracker...&startschool=&

Comment

Originally posted by joegrav View Post
                          Gotta feel bad for the Badgers, they had such a nice season only to get the tough draw in the Frozen Four.
                          It's cute that the Badger fans genuinely think they're going to win.
                          Originally posted by joegrav View Post
                          Right? I mean, whoop-de-do, they won the WCHA. Pretty sure Plattsburgh State culd have done that.
                          I really don't think the Wisconsin fans know what their team is in for. This is going to be a *joy*.
                          Let's face it, Wisconsin is going to need a perfect game to have a shot at beating BC.
                          I really, really hope Wisconsin thinks it can hang with BC with anything other than a perfect performance. Anything less than top speed against BC will put the game out of reach early.
                          Im not "predicting" anything based on the quarterfinal. Im just saying that if Wisconsin comes out with anything less than their best, it's going to be a long flight back to Madison.
                          Oh me oh my, I'm not being wary of Wisconsin! Oh Lord'h'mercy, how dare I not show the Badgers the proper *respect*!

Forgive me for not drinking the WCHA kool-aid and falling to my knees to worship the ****ing Badgers.
                          I think it's cute that you WCHA fans expected the BC fans and players to approach this game like we should be in *awe* of the mighty Badgers.
                          You know, I'm sure BC wouldn't turn down a chance to fatten up on the likes of SCSU four times, but hey, whatever you want to hang your hat on.
                          The top of the WCHA gets fat on the dregs at the bottom. It's stupid, and until proven otherwise, Wisconsin is nothing more than just another Mercyhurst or Cornell - a good team that beat up on some bad teams that makes them look better than they are.

I think Wisconsin fans may be in for quite a rude awakening tomorrow.
                          I am excited.

Comment

I am excited.
                            My favorite recollection of that game helps 'form' my overall recollection of Badger forward Carolyne Prevost.

All forwards have to, when the situation presents itself, assume a 'defensive stance', have to go into a defensive crouch and start skating backwards. It would be an exaggeration to say Prevost didn't have a 'reverse gear', but it is very accurate to say she didn't like to use it. Instead, at the moment when it would have been time to 'put it in reverse', instead she would pounce forward to try to poke the puck away from the unsuspecting forward of the other team. Every game during warm-ups, just before leaving the ice, she would practice this quick chop-step acceleration, like a speed skater might use. She'd pounce, she'd poke the puck away, she'd go into her chop-step acceleration, and she was gone.

Middle of the first period, during a PK, tie game (?), she did it to some poor BC forward, and scored a shortie.

From time to time, Sarah Nurse reminds me of Prevost.

Comment

I am excited.
                              We've wanted to see this game for a few years. I hope it lives up to the expectation, even though this isn't quite the ideal version of BC. Still, it is much better than another year of an all-East semi and an all-West semi.
                              "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                              And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                                I hope it lives up to the expectation, even though this isn't quite the ideal version of BC.
                                This isn't Team USA but I am even more proud of this team than I was of last year's team

Comment

Working...
                                X