Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: #4 BC vs. #1 Wisconsin - NCAA Semis: BadgerBadgerBadgerBadger... MUSHROOM, MUSHROOM!

Hockey Fan

Re: #4 BC vs. #1 Wisconsin - NCAA Semis: BadgerBadgerBadgerBadger... MUSHROOM, MUSHR

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    You might as well have stayed at work and spared yourself the pain of gouging your own eyes out as the Badgers own BC. Oh yeah!

6-2
    I'm sure he was apprised of BC plan to give Wisconsin the game to loll them into a false sense of security should they meet again next year in the playoffs.

Re: #4 BC vs. #1 Wisconsin - NCAA Semis: BadgerBadgerBadgerBadger... MUSHROOM, MUSHR

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    You might as well have stayed at work and spared yourself the pain of gouging your own eyes out as the Badgers own BC. Oh yeah!

6-2
    Quote Originally Posted by mattj711 View Post
    I'm sure he was apprised of BC plan to give Wisconsin the game to loll them into a false sense of security should they meet again next year in the playoffs.
    Hey, at least it wasn't the kick in the junk from last year. We lost to a better team who played a pretty complete game. Hats off. Good luck Sunday but go [Gophers/Big Red]

Quote Originally Posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
    We lost to a better team who played a pretty complete game.
    Much respect to you, Grant, for being gracious in defeat. But look at the bright side: at least you didn't lose to B.U.
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Quote Originally Posted by D2D View Post
    But look at the bright side: at least you didn't lose to B.U.
    All is right in the world

Having trouble finding a box score... can anyone hook me up?

Having trouble finding a box score... can anyone hook me up?
    This is the best I can find.

http://www.uwbadgers.com/gametracker...&startschool=&

Quote Originally Posted by joegrav View Post
    Gotta feel bad for the Badgers, they had such a nice season only to get the tough draw in the Frozen Four.
    It's cute that the Badger fans genuinely think they're going to win.
    Quote Originally Posted by joegrav View Post
    Right? I mean, whoop-de-do, they won the WCHA. Pretty sure Plattsburgh State culd have done that.
    I really don't think the Wisconsin fans know what their team is in for. This is going to be a *joy*.
    Let's face it, Wisconsin is going to need a perfect game to have a shot at beating BC.
    I really, really hope Wisconsin thinks it can hang with BC with anything other than a perfect performance. Anything less than top speed against BC will put the game out of reach early.
    Im not "predicting" anything based on the quarterfinal. Im just saying that if Wisconsin comes out with anything less than their best, it's going to be a long flight back to Madison.
    Oh me oh my, I'm not being wary of Wisconsin! Oh Lord'h'mercy, how dare I not show the Badgers the proper *respect*!

Forgive me for not drinking the WCHA kool-aid and falling to my knees to worship the ****ing Badgers.
    I think it's cute that you WCHA fans expected the BC fans and players to approach this game like we should be in *awe* of the mighty Badgers.
    You know, I'm sure BC wouldn't turn down a chance to fatten up on the likes of SCSU four times, but hey, whatever you want to hang your hat on.
    The top of the WCHA gets fat on the dregs at the bottom. It's stupid, and until proven otherwise, Wisconsin is nothing more than just another Mercyhurst or Cornell - a good team that beat up on some bad teams that makes them look better than they are.

I think Wisconsin fans may be in for quite a rude awakening tomorrow.
    I am excited.

I am excited.
    My favorite recollection of that game helps 'form' my overall recollection of Badger forward Carolyne Prevost.

All forwards have to, when the situation presents itself, assume a 'defensive stance', have to go into a defensive crouch and start skating backwards. It would be an exaggeration to say Prevost didn't have a 'reverse gear', but it is very accurate to say she didn't like to use it. Instead, at the moment when it would have been time to 'put it in reverse', instead she would pounce forward to try to poke the puck away from the unsuspecting forward of the other team. Every game during warm-ups, just before leaving the ice, she would practice this quick chop-step acceleration, like a speed skater might use. She'd pounce, she'd poke the puck away, she'd go into her chop-step acceleration, and she was gone.

Middle of the first period, during a PK, tie game (?), she did it to some poor BC forward, and scored a shortie.

From time to time, Sarah Nurse reminds me of Prevost.

Fan of chipmunk-like mascots. ARM's Avatar

I am excited.
    We've wanted to see this game for a few years. I hope it lives up to the expectation, even though this isn't quite the ideal version of BC. Still, it is much better than another year of an all-East semi and an all-West semi.
    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Quote Originally Posted by ARM View Post
    I hope it lives up to the expectation, even though this isn't quite the ideal version of BC.
    This isn't Team USA but I am even more proud of this team than I was of last year's team

This isn't Team USA but I am even more proud of this team than I was of last year's team
    According to the RPI BC should be playing St Anselm's. Wouldn't that be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Quiet Riot View Post
    According to the RPI BC should be playing St Anselm's. Wouldn't that be nice.
    Well, I think BC would be playing Robert Morris, because RMU would have put up a touchdown on St. A's if they matched up in the first round lol

Well, I think BC would be playing Robert Morris, because RMU would have put up a touchdown on St. A's if they matched up in the first round lol
    What would the Westies have done had they had a matchup of WI vs MN in the quarter finals? 1 vs 5. they would have lost their minds.

That's what the "powers that be" did to BC last year...1 vs 5...Northeastern

Fan of chipmunk-like mascots. ARM's Avatar

What would the Westies have done had they had a matchup of WI vs MN in the quarter finals? 1 vs 5. they would have lost their minds.
    Minds? We're supposed to have minds?
    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

If by 'Westies', you mean North Dakota making their annual quarterfinal jaunt to Minneapolis, every year since Moses wore short pants, except this year, you would be correct.

Making America Great Again
    on the road helping brookeyone move to Canada

you're still whining about that?

I'm sure you would have liked a MN/WI matchup this year, like every year you want someone to beat the top western team for you

Quote Originally Posted by pokechecker View Post
    I'm sure you would have liked a MN/WI matchup this year, like every year you want someone to beat the top western team for you
    I mean, I would \_(ツ)_/

Quote Originally Posted by pokechecker View Post
    you're still whining about that?

I'm sure you would have liked a mn/wi matchup this year, like every year you want someone to beat the top western team for you
    it's not whining...it's a point that is true.
    Bc grinned and bore it.
    I just wish it would have happened this year so we could see the smike from the west

bc grinned
    Indeed they did because Northeastern lost 4 times to bc during the regular season by an aggregate score 0f 22-6. The best they could do is come within 2 goals of bc in a game.
    Proud member of the "17"

I can't remember a single western fan that thought sending Northeastern to BC was a good idea.

Thread Information