Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#4 BC vs. #1 Wisconsin - NCAA Semis: BadgerBadgerBadgerBadger... MUSHROOM, MUSHROOM!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: #4 BC vs. #1 Wisconsin - NCAA Semis: BadgerBadgerBadgerBadger... MUSHROOM, MUSHR

Originally posted by Eeyore View Post
    I can't remember a single western fan that thought sending Northeastern to BC was a good idea.
    I remember I wanted the Gophers to play them so I'd get to see Coyne play again. Finally got my wish with the opening game this season against the Whitecaps.

I know it's not going to happen, but I do wish the NCAA would go to an 8 team seeding not only for the fairness of it but because we would get to see some great players from out east that we would otherwise not see. Maybe an East-West All-Star game? Only got to see Willie Mays play once and that was in the 1965 game at the Met. He was way better than the Beatles! All just pipe dreams though. Oh, well.
    Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 03-13-2017, 10:28 PM. Reason: Pipe dreams
    "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

• Re: #4 BC vs. #1 Wisconsin - NCAA Semis: BadgerBadgerBadgerBadger... MUSHROOM, MUSHR

Originally posted by Leather helmet View Post
      If by 'Westies', you mean North Dakota making their annual quarterfinal jaunt to Minneapolis, every year since Moses wore short pants, except this year, you would be correct.
      (UND took the eventual Nat CHamp to 3 OT) In addition to all those I remember:
      2011 - UMD to UW
      2008 - UW to UM
      Probably others, yet us "Westies" have managed to get over that and gone on to win every National Championship, save one. It would be nice if the NCAA would seed all 8 but it ain't happening so some teams are going to not have the path they deserve to the FF and the NCAA is 'fair' in that it dumps on conferences equally.

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
        (UND took the eventual Nat CHamp to 3 OT)
        Aside from which, every rating system except RPI thought that the Whioux should have been hosting a quarterfinal rather than traveling anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
          I mean, I would ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
          What are BC's line combo's and d pairings?

UW's top 3 F have outscored BC's by 37 pts, BC's next 3 F have outscored UW's next 3 by 2, UW's next 3 have outscored BC's next 3 by 26. UW's 2nd line does not score much since Nurse got moved to the 1st line from the 2nd.

BC's special teams are impressive. 26% pp, 91% pk and 10 shorties - UW is 22%, 92% and 8. BC must lean on special teams because even with the 26% pp and 10 shorties, they only average 3.42 ppg, while UW averages 4.11 ppg. GA is 1.55 for BC and .84 for UW.

The 10 shorties makes me nervous even during even strength, it means they have some speed and finishers up front. Hopefully the UW D play it conservative at the point.

I'm interested to see this Megan Keller play, I have heard somewhere she is a difference maker. UW has the ability to make great players look average, though sometimes it only takes 1 great play to ruin everything. I'm hoping she just looks average.
          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
            We've had to mix and match a bit for a while, but I assume with everyone back but Miano and Sullivan what we had against SLU is what you're going to get:

This is really a line 1a, line 1b team. The third line hadn't really been expected to produce but they have been a pleasant surprise the last couple weeks with Connolly able to slot back there.

I doubt McNamara will play but she did admirably with Bizal and Ross out, especially as a true walk on. Also have to assume Kinger rolls only three lines. The fourth line only really saw the ice in the 3rd against SLU.

Bizal will play full minutes despite being listed as the 5th D. At least one of Keller or Flanagan will probably be on the ice 80% of the game with the others rotating in alongside them.
            Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
            Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
            Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

UW's top 3 F have outscored BC's by 37 pts, BC's next 3 F have outscored UW's next 3 by 2, UW's next 3 have outscored BC's next 3 by 26. UW's 2nd line does not score much since Nurse got moved to the 1st line from the 2nd.

BC's special teams are impressive. 26% pp, 91% pk and 10 shorties - UW is 22%, 92% and 8. BC must lean on special teams because even with the 26% pp and 10 shorties, they only average 3.42 ppg, while UW averages 4.11 ppg. GA is 1.55 for BC and .84 for UW.

The 10 shorties makes me nervous even during even strength, it means they have some speed and finishers up front. Hopefully the UW D play it conservative at the point.

I'm interested to see this Megan Keller play, I have heard somewhere she is a difference maker. UW has the ability to make great players look average, though sometimes it only takes 1 great play to ruin everything. I'm hoping she just looks average.
              Megan Keller looking average? Well, I guess there are those 13 seconds...

https://youtu.be/ki8n6FJk0EA
              At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post

I don't recall this game, when was this?

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post

You can find anything you want for any player. The cough up by Wisconsin to MN last year in the semi comes to mind.
                  I remember a defenseman for Edmonton that shot it into his own net and lost a HUGE playoff game. He ended up ok.

Friday can't come fast enough

Comment

Originally posted by Quiet Riot View Post
                    Friday can't come fast enough
                    Yeah no kidding

Comment

Originally posted by Quiet Riot View Post
                      You can find anything you want for any player. The cough up by Wisconsin to MN last year in the semi comes to mind.
                      Certainly you can find something on anyone. But the play against Wisconsin in the semis, I'm claiming that as a great play by Potomak She surprised everyone on the ice with that play, not just Channell.

Of course I look at the play by Brandt at the start of the final the same way, so never mind

Comment

Originally posted by ktdc View Post
                        certainly you can find something on anyone. But the play against wisconsin in the semis, i'm claiming that as a great play by potomak :d she surprised everyone on the ice with that play, not just channell.

Of course i look at the play by brandt at the start of the final the same way, so never mind
                        ha too funny...

Comment

Working...
                        X