Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Michigan vs. NMU February 25-26

Originally posted by kdilks View Post
    Thanks kd, Michigan finally put their link up for it (rather I actually looked). In my past experience b2 kinda sucks but it's better than driving to Marquette.
    Originally posted by alfablue
    Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
    Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
    I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Better than driving to Marquette? Never... What is wrong with you trolls from below the bridge anyways? I'm sure the trip would be rewarding in one fashion or another. Marquette in the throngs of winter with so much riding on the series should be incentive enough!!!

Comment

Due to some school business, I will be in MQT this weekend and thus miss the Lakers senior night, but I will be able to catch the UM-NMU Saturday game, hoping for an exciting contest!

Comment

Originally posted by MOJO View Post
          Better than driving to Marquette? Never... What is wrong with you trolls from below the bridge anyways? I'm sure the trip would be rewarding in one fashion or another. Marquette in the throngs of winter with so much riding on the series should be incentive enough!!!
          Throngs of winter. It was 61 last week and the UP 200 had to be cut short due to the lack of snow.
          Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

Born a Black Bear
          1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life
          1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

NMU Hockey
          2006-2007: 15-24-2
          2007-2008: 20-20-4
          2008-2009: 18-16-5

1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

Comment

Well, Ferris took 2 points from the Bucknuts tonight... That means to secure a bye the Cats MUST get at least a point this weekend... Probably going to need more however...
            It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Heh. I'll be driving thru w/ the camper come the end of June. Staying at Van Riper then on to McLain state park. I'll put the M flag on and wave... will the snow be gone by then? Hoping that the guys give me something to celebrate on Saturday besides my birthday.

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                Well, Ferris took 2 points from the Bucknuts tonight... That means to secure a bye the Cats MUST get at least a point this weekend... Probably going to need more however...
                I don't know what's better playing @ Ferris or having Western come here
                NMU

Comment

NMUFAN: I'm with you on that one. I would like to see NMU take at least 3 points this weekend and see Western swept so we don't have to worry abot that...

It was funny that when the Mason Cup was in Marquette the CCHA officials mentioned how odd it would be without NMU in Detroit this March...I guess they assumed our team was in the dumper...I hope they are shown wrong...

Comment

It was funny that when the Mason Cup was in Marquette the CCHA officials mentioned how odd it would be without NMU in Detroit this March...I guess they assumed our team was in the dumper...I hope they are shown wrong...
                    Jesus, between the CCHA staffers liking NMU, Red Wings and Olympia Entertainment staffers talking about how they like and root for NMU every year, and NMU being the host of the only Alumni reception IN the Joe...

... Why does Tom Anastos hate us?
                    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                      ... Why does Tom Anastos hate us?
                      Cause the tab for the CCHA party triples when us Yoopers show up
                      It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Aparch, I guess they don't expect much from NMU in the postseason. At the time they visited with The Cup, we weren't exactly lighting it up. They also mentioned that, yes indeed, there aint no party like an NMU party in Motown!!! It goes without saying that the bar tab would be significantly lessened without our presence.

Comment

I realize they didn't have a perfect season, but there no where close to even being out of it yet. If I'm right the 07-08 team was very similar to this years bunch (young and talented), and we ended up at the Joe and almost NCAA's. Hopefully we can repeat that this year.
                          NMU

Comment

Originally posted by NMUFAN21 View Post
                            I realize they didn't have a perfect season, but there no where close to even being out of it yet. If I'm right the 07-08 team was very similar to this years bunch (young and talented), and we ended up at the Joe and almost NCAA's. Hopefully we can repeat that this year.
                            The one thing if i remember right that team had that this team doesnt was a stopper in stewart in net. Im a buckeye fan and he was outstanding in game 2 and 3 of that series leading them to the come back victory. Then he was even better the next week in the 3 game victory at msu. Oh yea having Olver doesnt hurt either lol. good luck this weekend had ohio state got the 3 last night it would have been tough for me to say that considering ohio state could have passed you guys with a sweep and you guys getting 1pt or less.

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                              The Cats would have needed points no matter what happened in the Ferris/ Ohio State series. If OSU had swept, NMU would've need at least 2. If Ohio State got 5 out of 6, NMU would have needed points to pass both Ferris and OSU.

Here is the current scario. Michigan and Notre Dame will be 1 & 2. Miami will be 3. Ferris, NMU and Western will either be at home or have a bye next week. MSU and Bowling Green will be on the road. Alaska, LSSU and Ohio State are in a race for the final two home berths.
                              Last edited by davyd83; 02-25-2011, 02:30 PM.
                              "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Rough but also good night for the cats, they really proved they could keep up with top teams, especially with no help from the refs, they couldn't even make a correct icing call.

Also Ferris won and Western lost, so now the best case scenario is WMU loses tomorrow and we win, we would then go to Ferris with a first round bye.
                                NMU

Comment

Working...
                                X