X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Pros IV

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
    More proof that York is starting tonight (and also explains why Mason was first off the ice giving the team reporter the impression that he may have been starting).
    As Monty Hall always said, "2 out of 3 ain't bad."

Sweetness! I'll be watching tonight, maybe hit up a bar (though not sure).

Comment

Interestingly enough (courtesy of GLM), York's backup faced York in the 2009 GLI.

Comment

It's also worth noting that WaP had a post up on Monday listing a number of alums playing (in the US and elsewhere).
        Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Confirmed that York is starting.

Comment

It only took a half-hour before RPI was mentioned in the Detroit-Columbus broadcast. And, shockingly it was not made by Doc Emerick.

York has given up 1 goal in approximately half a game so far (PPG, deflection off his own player).
            Last edited by burgie12; 03-28-2012, 07:55 PM.
            Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

• Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
              It only took a half-hour before RPI was mentioned in the Detroit-Columbus broadcast. And, shockingly it was not made by Doc Emerick.

York has given up 1 goal in approximately half a game so far.
              Off a skate on the pk wasn't his fault
              I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

that was the most fun I've had watching an NHL game in long time.
                Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

York with his first NHL win! 29 saves on 31 shots.
                  RPI Pep Band
                  GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                  🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                  2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                  2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
                    York with his first NHL win! 29 saves on 31 shots.
                    Congratulations to York on his first NHL victory. Beating the Detroit Red Wings. Not a bad team to get a win against.
                    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                    Benjamin Franklin
                    The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                    Gary Player

Comment

Nice game by York, who stopped 29 of 31 en route to a 4-2 win over Detroit. His first NHL victory. Nice to see all his teammates congratulating him on it along with a rousing ovation from the crowd at the end of the game.
                      APBWiki

Comment

boxscore from Yorkie's 1st NHL win http://www.nhl.com/ice/boxscore.htm?id=2011021149
                        Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Your first career win against a landmark team like that? Gotta be good.

Congrats, Yorkie!

Now I just hope they don't decide to play Steve Mason again this year. Give York his chance to finish out the season, as he's now shown he can win.

Comment

Allen York awarded first star of the game!
                            RPI Pep Band
                            GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                            🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                            2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                            2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
                              Allen York awarded first star of the game!
                              Yes he was. Highlights....http://www.nhl.com/ice/recap.htm?id=...navid=sb:recap

Comment

Way to go Allen! FlagDUDE, I agree completely. The Red Wings are a darn tough team to beat. That should earn Yorkie some attention-it got him the headline of the recap!

Comment

Working...
                                X