X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Pros IV

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    A buck says their rethinking results in York being sent to another site. -_-
    Wherever he gets to play. He's only played 23* games this season, and considering the NHL is about 75 games in, and the other leagues just as far (not sure exactly how many games AHL/ECHL seasons are, should check), that's ridiculous.

7 of them only partial NHL games.

Comment

Originally posted by REDaero91 View Post
      Wherever he gets to play. He's only played 23* games this season, and considering the NHL is about 75 games in, and the other leagues just as far (not sure exactly how many games AHL/ECHL seasons are, should check), that's ridiculous.

7 of them only partial NHL games.
      Since Columbus's season is pretty much shot (with 6 games left and 16 points out they've guaranteed themselves the first draft pick), this would be the best time to get York some consistent playing time. If I were CBJ, I'd have York finish out the season and then go from there.

Comment

Since Columbus's season is pretty much shot (with 6 games left and 16 points out they've guaranteed themselves the first draft pick), this would be the best time to get York some consistent playing time. If I were CBJ, I'd have York finish out the season and then go from there.
        A technicality, but they've guaranteed themselves top spot in the draft lottery - which carries a 48.2% chance of getting the top draft pick. The lottery was instituted to stop teams tanking year after year to stock up on #1 picks. All 14 teams missing the playoffs have a shot at the #1 pick, with greater odds the closer you are to last place.
        APBWiki

Comment

Originally posted by GRussinko View Post
          A technicality, but they've guaranteed themselves top spot in the draft lottery - which carries a 48.2% chance of getting the top draft pick. The lottery was instituted to stop teams tanking year after year to stock up on #1 picks. All 14 teams missing the playoffs have a shot at the #1 pick, with greater odds the closer you are to last place.
          Another technicality, winning the lottery does not grant you the #1 pick, it only moves up 4 places.
          Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

"We could've had Patrick Roy in there (or) Ken Dryden … (it) wouldn't have mattered. You can't fault the goaltender on the first four. It was too easy for them." -- Columbus interim coach Todd Richards on the Jackets' loss to the Wings last night
            That doesn't sound like he's going to give up on Mason in favor of York any time soon.

Comment

That doesn't sound like he's going to give up on Mason in favor of York any time soon.
              To be fair, the defense on 5 of the 7 Detroit goals was horrendous. He's absolutely correct that you could have had Roy or Dryden in net and the Wings still would have won by a ridiculous margin.
              Go Red!!

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
                To be fair, the defense on 5 of the 7 Detroit goals was horrendous. He's absolutely correct that you could have had Roy or Dryden in net and the Wings still would have won by a ridiculous margin.
                That's what happens when you get a CCT guy to play D (Grant Clitsome).

Comment

That's just crazy. York and Mason have basically the same numbers. Mason's are based on consistant playing time over a long period of time. Yorks are based on limited and inconsistant playing time. Who do you think has the best upside to his play?
                  Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                  Benjamin Franklin
                  The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                  Gary Player

Comment

The AHL season is 76 games long. As of now, most AHL teams have played about 67 or 68 games. The AHL regular season will continue through the weekend of April 14-15, a week later than the end of the NHL regular season.

If York stays in Columbus through the end of the NHL regular season, he could be reassigned to Springfield for the final week.

Though if he is, I'm not sure he would get to do anything other than sit and watch Manny Legace, Paul Dainton, and/or Mike Clemente playing goal.

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
                      The AHL season is 76 games long. As of now, most AHL teams have played about 67 or 68 games. The AHL regular season will continue through the weekend of April 14-15, a week later than the end of the NHL regular season.

If York stays in Columbus through the end of the NHL regular season, he could be reassigned to Springfield for the final week.

Though if he is, I'm not sure he would get to do anything other than sit and watch Manny Legace, Paul Dainton, and/or Mike Clemente playing goal.
                      I remember watching Legace when they played the Crunch. They never played York. Let's just say I got free Denny's out of that game (promotion if the Crunch score 5 goals in a game). That organization has some serious issues when it comes to goaltending.

Comment

Hooray!
                        Go Red!!

Comment

No surprise here, they're saying Mason's going to start. http://bluejackets.nhl.com/club/blog.htm?id=344

EDIT: OK, now with what burgie12 posted, we have a discrepancy. Might need to wait until the game is played on Versus.

Comment

Wow, you weren't kidding with the updates. If York does get the start I might buzz on up there for the game

Edit: York is starting. Mason took a puck to the face in practice. And he gave up 6 goals a couple nights ago.
                            Last edited by MUnRPI; 03-28-2012, 01:11 PM.

Comment

Jeff Foss reassigned to Cincinnati http://theahl.com/stats/transactions.php
                              Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

No surprise here, they're saying Mason's going to start. http://bluejackets.nhl.com/club/blog.htm?id=344

EDIT: OK, now with what burgie12 posted, we have a discrepancy. Might need to wait until the game is played on Versus.
                                More proof that York is starting tonight (and also explains why Mason was first off the ice giving the team reporter the impression that he may have been starting).
                                Go Red!!

Comment

Working...
                                X