X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Pros IV

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
    Save percentage of 1.00 usually gets you noticed even if it is only for one period. If he does not get the next start-someone on that coaching staff needs electo shock therapy.
    CBJ's next game is Mon. night vs Detroit.....WE WANT YORK...WE WANT YORK! I'ld go 1 step further Doc, start Allen in the remaining games (minus the back to back later in the week). They should know by now what they'll get w/Mason.
    Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
      CBJ's next game is Mon. night vs Detroit.....WE WANT YORK...WE WANT YORK! I'ld go 1 step further Doc, start Allen in the remaining games (minus the back to back later in the week). They should know by now what they'll get w/Mason.
      Exactly-give him his shot as the games mean nothing to them. They have locked up last place. Play all the kids and get them some experience to see what you have for next year.
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

CBJ HC Todd Richards on tonight's Goalie.......On tonight’s starting goaltender: “Mason will play tonight. He’s our No. 1 goalie right now, so he’s playing. It was a 3 o’clock game yesterday, and we took it out for the third period thinking he could get some rest and get ready for today.”

On Allen York’s performance in relief yesterday: “He was very good. I think Edmonton lost a little of the edge to their game…I think that was dictated by the score. I think we pushed a little harder in the third, but we put ourselves in a position where a team could sit back, and that’s not what we want.”

Asked if he had any conversations with Mason after yesterday’s game: “I didn’t have a conversation with him. There might be different situations where I’d have a conversation with either he or another player if it was a tough outing or (regarding) a decision I made in the game. I didn’t talk to him last night and I didn’t talk to him today, but I did let him know last night that he was going to play (tonight).” .....could the fact that Richards holds the, "interim coach" tag, be a factor in not taking a look at younger players the rest of the season?
        Last edited by turk181; 03-26-2012, 03:31 PM.
        Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

CBJ HC Todd Richards on tonight's Goalie.......On tonight’s starting goaltender: “Mason will play tonight. He’s our No. 1 goalie right now, so he’s playing. It was a 3 o’clock game yesterday, and we took it out for the third period thinking he could get some rest and get ready for today.”

On Allen York’s performance in relief yesterday: “He was very good. I think Edmonton lost a little of the edge to their game…I think that was dictated by the score. I think we pushed a little harder in the third, but we put ourselves in a position where a team could sit back, and that’s not what we want.”

Asked if he had any conversations with Mason after yesterday’s game: “I didn’t have a conversation with him. There might be different situations where I’d have a conversation with either he or another player if it was a tough outing or (regarding) a decision I made in the game. I didn’t talk to him last night and I didn’t talk to him today, but I did let him know last night that he was going to play (tonight).” .....could the fact that Richards holds the, "interim coach" tag, be a factor in not taking a look at younger players the rest of the season?
          Playing the losers every night will take the "interim coach" tag and make it the ex interim coach. He has to find out what kind of players he has, but he wants to go with a goalie that has been hammered by the Red Wings over his career.
          As I have said before, this franchise is a joke. I really wish they would move York. They are not doing him any favors, except for the NHL paycheck. And even that must have been offset by the ECHL paycheck.
          I don't like these guys.
          Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
          Benjamin Franklin
          The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
          Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
            Playing the losers every night will take the "interim coach" tag and make it the ex interim coach. He has to find out what kind of players he has, but he wants to go with a goalie that has been hammered by the Red Wings over his career.
            As I have said before, this franchise is a joke. I really wish they would move York. They are not doing him any favors, except for the NHL paycheck. And even that must have been offset by the ECHL paycheck.
            I don't like these guys.
            Does he get three different levels of pay? I thought that was major vs. minor, and it makes no difference if he is in the AHL or ECHL.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I don't like these guys.
              I know we have all discussed the subject of our boys leaving school early before. If the money is great, of course they have to consider it. But the team that you get involved with has to be a major consideration. Columbus just does not seem to have a clue and it shows. Allen may have made the right decision to leave early, but unfortunately he was selected by the wrong team.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                Does he get three different levels of pay? I thought that was major vs. minor, and it makes no difference if he is in the AHL or ECHL.
                That was usually my understanding of these contracts. Perhaps things have changed some in the past 10 years.

Comment

10 minutes in & Detroit has scored 4 goals....maybe the best place for Allen is on the bench with....... this team

Comment

10 minutes in & Detroit has scored 4 goals....maybe the best place for Allen is on the bench with....... this team
                    York was in before the period ended.
                    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                    Benjamin Franklin
                    Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                      I was only guessing, I know that he gets NHL pay when he is brought up, I don't know if the pay scale is different for the other two leagues.
                      Benjamin Franklin
                      Gary Player

Comment

York was in before the period ended.
                        that was the 1st period...at 9:34 of the 2nd & Detroit now leading 6-0 & outshooting CBJ 28-8 York is now in net.
                        Last edited by turk181; 03-26-2012, 08:01 PM.

Comment

that was the 1st period...at 9:34 of the 2nd & Detroit now leading 6-0 & outshooting CBJ 28-8 York is now in net.
                          York finished out the second period playing over 11 minutes-and has been perfect so far. Keep it going!!

Comment

York gave up 1 goal in the 3rd...finished 10 of 11 SOG. Next game against Detroit again Wed. on NBC Sports. Boxscore...http://www.nhl.com/ice/boxscore.htm?id=2011021135

Comment

A couple of York's saves made the highlights: http://bluejackets.nhl.com/club/game...?id=2011021135
                              And he really didn't have a chance on the goal from Datsyuk that he let in. Honestly, giving up only one goal in over half a game against the Red Wings is pretty darn good. The Blue Jackets have the Red Wings at home in Columbus next-maybe their coach needs to rethink things a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by REDaero91 View Post
                                A couple of York's saves made the highlights: http://bluejackets.nhl.com/club/game...?id=2011021135
                                And he really didn't have a chance on the goal from Datsyuk that he let in. Honestly, giving up only one goal in over half a game against the Red Wings is pretty darn good. The Blue Jackets have the Red Wings at home in Columbus next-maybe their coach needs to rethink things a bit.
                                A buck says their rethinking results in York being sent to another site. -_-

Comment

Working...
                                X