This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Pros IV

Bruuuut back with Gwinnett http://www.gwinnettgladiators.com/si...e.asp?art=2313
    Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Allen York recalled by CBJ's http://bluejackets.nhl.com/club/news...id=DL|CBJ|home
      Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
        If they had any sense, they would give him the job for the rest of the season and find out what they have. I am sure that that is not going to happen, but they have wasted a year of his growth potential this season by not playing him somewhere.
        He needs a season where he is the go to guy no matter what league it is, he has to play and gain experience to get any better.
        Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
        Benjamin Franklin
        The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
        Gary Player

Comment

Has anyone been keeping track of his team changes this year?
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
            If they had any sense, they would give him the job for the rest of the season and find out what they have. I am sure that that is not going to happen, but they have wasted a year of his growth potential this season by not playing him somewhere.
            He needs a season where he is the go to guy no matter what league it is, he has to play and gain experience to get any better.
            ehf: have you thought about the fact that Columbus is playing for the worst record in the league to get the best shot at the number one in the draft? Maybe they are trying not to be too obvious about it but what incentive do they have to really try to win at this stage?
            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
              Has anyone been keeping track of his team changes this year?
              Too many. Shouldn't be too hard to figure out, just going back through posts on this thread.

Now that I've done the legwork:

Start-9/27: Columbus
              9/27-10/21: Springfield
              10/21-11/13: Columbus
              11/13-11/18: Springfield
              11/18-11/20: Chicago
              11/20-11/21: Springfield
              11/21-11/27: Columbus
              11/27-12/7: Springfield
              12/7-12/19: Chicago
              12/19-1/5/12: Springfield
              1/5-1/24: Chicago
              1/24-2/4: Springfield
              2/4-2/10: Chicago
              2/10-2/23: Columbus
              2/23-2/25: Chicago
              2/25-2/26: Springfield
              2/26-3/9: Chicago
              3/9-3/14: Columbus
              3/14-3/20: Springfield
              3/20-Present: Columbus
              Last edited by lugnut92; 03-20-2012, 12:29 PM.
              RPI Pep Band
              GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
              🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
              2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
              2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Assuming lugnut's dates are correct (and I have no reason to believe otherwise):
                Code:
                Team     #Days GP W-L-OT-SO  GAA  Sv%  Min
                ------------------------------------------
                Columbus    48  5 0-1- 0- 0 3.78 0.860 127
                Springfield 75  5 1-1- 0- 0 3.94 0.871 182
                Chicago     53 11 4-4- 1- 1 3.28 0.892 604
                Stats: Columbus, Springfield (scroll down to goalies), Chicago
                Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
                  Too many. Shouldn't be too hard to figure out, just going back through posts on this thread.

Now that I've done the legwork:

Start-9/27: Columbus
                  9/27-10/21: Springfield
                  10/21-11/13: Columbus
                  11/13-11/18: Springfield
                  11/18-11/20: Chicago
                  11/20-11/21: Springfield
                  11/21-11/27: Columbus
                  11/27-12/7: Springfield
                  12/7-12/19: Chicago
                  12/19-1/5/12: Springfield
                  1/5-1/24: Chicago
                  1/24-2/4: Springfield
                  2/4-2/10: Chicago
                  2/10-2/23: Columbus
                  2/23-2/25: Chicago
                  2/25-2/26: Springfield
                  2/26-3/9: Chicago
                  3/9-3/14: Columbus
                  3/14-3/20: Springfield
                  3/20-Present: Columbus
                  Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
                  Assuming lugnut's dates are correct (and I have no reason to believe otherwise):
                  Code:
                  Team     #Days GP W-L-OT-SO  GAA  Sv%  Min
                  ------------------------------------------
                  Columbus    48  5 0-1- 0- 0 3.78 0.860 127
                  Springfield 75  5 1-1- 0- 0 3.94 0.871 182
                  Chicago     53 11 4-4- 1- 1 3.28 0.892 604
                  Stats: Columbus, Springfield (scroll down to goalies), Chicago
                  Thanks.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                    ehf: have you thought about the fact that Columbus is playing for the worst record in the league to get the best shot at the number one in the draft? Maybe they are trying not to be too obvious about it but what incentive do they have to really try to win at this stage?
                    Doc, my only thought is that they don't want to kill his confidence (if he has any at this point). The goalies they are using have given Columbus their best shot at the first draft choice. I don't think that starting a rookie would be suspicious.
                    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                    Benjamin Franklin
                    Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                      Doc, my only thought is that they don't want to kill his confidence (if he has any at this point). The goalies they are using have given Columbus their best shot at the first draft choice. I don't think that starting a rookie would be suspicious.
                      I agree-but just felt that they would not want to look like they were trying to be noncompetitive too early. Perhaps he will see action now that they have about 10 games left.

Comment

FWIW, NHL Network is reporting that Curtis Sanford is likely done for the year. With 10-12 games left it'll be interesting to see if he plays any (starts, that is). If I'm correct York has appeared in 2 games since Jan.11.

Comment

from the CBJ site...........Goaltender Curtis Sanford, who left the game in Calgary with a lower-body injury in the first period, tore a muscle in his leg, Richards said. Sanford is not expected to return this season, according to Richards, so it appears as if Allen York will finish the year with the Blue Jackets. He will back up Steve Mason tonight as Columbus takes on the Blackhawks at Nationwide Arena.

Comment

from the CBJ site...........Goaltender Curtis Sanford, who left the game in Calgary with a lower-body injury in the first period, tore a muscle in his leg, Richards said. Sanford is not expected to return this season, according to Richards, so it appears as if Allen York will finish the year with the Blue Jackets. He will back up Steve Mason tonight as Columbus takes on the Blackhawks at Nationwide Arena.
                            Hoping this could be like June 2, 1925 when the yankees sat Wally Pipp down and put in a young Lou Gehrig. Sometimes it can take something like an injury to be the break you need. Best of luck to Allen.

Comment

watching the Blue Jacket's game, the announcer stated that HC Todd Richards said that with 5 games in the next 7 days Mason would not play all 5. But, as the announcer pointed out, he didn't say who would get the nod in place of Mason. First 6 shots tonight & Chicago has 3 goals....camera goes to Richards & then Yorkie....Mason stays in the game....for now.

Comment

watching the Blue Jacket's game, the announcer stated that HC Todd Richards said that with 5 games in the next 7 days Mason would not play all 5. But, as the announcer pointed out, he didn't say who would get the nod in place of Mason. First 6 shots tonight & Chicago has 3 goals....camera goes to Richards & then Yorkie....Mason stays in the game....for now.
                                With two back to back games next week, you would think that there would be at least two starts for the back up goalie. However, one has to wonder what York can bring with the lack of playing time he has had this season.
                                Benjamin Franklin
                                Gary Player

Comment

Working...
                                X